Carrying the Cups.... What a pain!

I can only speak for my Jewel experience. In the Windjammer they had a freestyle machine and also fountain sodas at the drink sections. I showed my card and got a fountain Ginger Ale many times. Also at all the bars except Champagne Bar.

We got off Enchantment on July 4th and rarely used the cups. The teens would get drinks from the bar, the dining room and the attendants at the shows. Never had a problem. The only time they used the cups was at lunch - and then they'd leave them back in the room. They were pretty active (contests, working out, shows, etc) so keeping up with the cups was a pain for them. Especially since it was easy to just ask and get a drink when they wanted one. If you sat by the pool or lounged more - then I could see the cups working. But I also saw a lot of what appeared to be lost cups sitting around.

Thanks for this info. we are going on enchantment and thinking about the soda package since its a short cruise.... Dont mind having the cup sometimes...but I still want to be able to get a coke at a bar without the cup...

Understand needing it in WJ due to the freestyle machine....

I can't believe you guys are serious with these complaints. Having your cup is totally not a big deal. It prevents random people from using the machines without purchasing a package and it's a standard large-size cup. My husband the computer nerd was actually impressed when he figured out how they had worked the chips in.

Except its false advertising to say that there are unlimited refills only to put limitations on it.

I was of the same mindset, UNTIL I realized it keeps kids from "playing" with the machines. There were never lines because you had to get it and go. Also, I would get a cup full in the windjammer, sit eat and drink and could get a refill on the way out.

Except its false advertising to say that there are unlimited refills only to put limitations on it.

Misleading more than false I would say. I still remember though being behind a guy on Allure. When he put his cup up, it said REFILL avaiable in 1 minute 57 seconds. I thought he would get out of the way and let me fill, but nope, he kept trying every 10 seconds till it let him.

I can't believe you guys are serious with these complaints. Having your cup is totally not a big deal. It prevents random people from using the machines without purchasing a package and it's a standard large-size cup. My husband the computer nerd was actually impressed when he figured out how they had worked the chips in.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest needing the cup at WJ but it would be a pain, and sort of ugly taking up space on table, to need cups in the MDR. The OP didn't answer a question about problems elsewhere so probably safe to assume it's related to WJ.

Perhaps the OP never dined in MDR so more meals in WJ and soda cups were inconvenient.

Yes the Soda Cups only let you use them once every 15 mins. Ive never had that problem downing a soda so fast that I would have to wait another 15 mins.

Last time on the Oasis in May there was a few times I did not bring my cup with me to Sorrentos pizza and they still gave me pop , same with Cafe Prom. Maybe its a ship thing

Recently off the Adventure of the Seas and no problem getting a soda without "the cup" everywhere...including the WJ. Just had to show my sea pass card with the Coke logo printed on it. They would not give me a can of soda. Always poured into a glass but not "the cup."

But, the WJ does not have a bar, but rather they sell can soda.

I believe Voyager and Freedom class ships have a bar up near the front. Any waiters actually offering drinks in the WJ are limited to the lemonade/ water. We used our drink cups around the pool and on the promenade. Their convenient there, especially when you knock them over. At the dining room and in the theater, we can no problem getting fountain coke from a server.

Not only that, but the cups themselves are microchipp'd. When they say unlimited refills, they don't exactly mean unlimited refills. You're allowed one fill every 15 minutes.

One Disney trip we saw a group of kids standing at a machine.

The one kid had his mug.

He'd fill it up then dump into another kids paper cup.

Then fill his cup up again and dump in another kids paper cup.

He graciously provided pop for the 5 kids with him plus himself!

Having a time limit eliminates this.

If you purchase a premium drink package, do you they give you a special cup? I can see it being a bit of a pain to carry around, but at least for me, the only time I might have a soda under the premium drink package might be at lunch.

I believe Voyager and Freedom class ships have a bar up near the front. Any waiters actually offering drinks in the WJ are limited to the lemonade/ water. We used our drink cups around the pool and on the promenade. Their convenient there, especially when you knock them over. At the dining room and in the theater, we can no problem getting fountain coke from a server.

Never had a problem getting WJ staff to provide coke from the fountains. Lemonade stand on Freedom has a std fountain. May be a new policy, but the equipment is there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If you purchase a premium drink package, do you they give you a special cup? I can see it being a bit of a pain to carry around, but at least for me, the only time I might have a soda under the premium drink package might be at lunch.

Yes, you get the special soda cup if you get any of the unlimited drink packages.

Are there any of those freestyle machines anywhere besides the WJ on the allure or oasis?

Yes, Wipeout Cafe, Pool Deck, and not sure about Royal Promenade.

Edited by clarea

My wife didn't have any issues getting a soda in the MDR, Windjammer or any bar onboard the Navigator and we just left yesterday. She used her cup to xfer vodka/cranberry drinks. My cup is still shrink wrapped as I just grabbed bottled water.

Not only that, but the cups themselves are microchipp'd. When they say unlimited refills, they don't exactly mean unlimited refills. You're allowed one fill every 15 minutes.

We were in Nassau on the Oasis. The wife and I walked out to Fat Tuesday's to get some pictures and then walked back. By the time we got back, we were both pretty tired and needed a drink. Got our cups, filled with Powerade, and downed them quickly. Mine had too much ice, so I went to refill, and it told me my next unlimited refill would be in just over 13 minutes...

That was the first and last time I used those cups while on the cruise.

You're allowed 1 refill every 15 mins at the Freestyle machines, nothing to stop you taking the cup to a bar and getting a refill

You're allowed 1 refill every 15 mins at the Freestyle machines, nothing to stop you taking the cup to a bar and getting a refill

Exactly, it is only the Freestyle machines that have a time limit. You can get unlimited drinks at any bar.

We spent the month of May on the Brilliance and I never needed the cup to get drinks at any bar or at the beverage counter in the WJ. I liked having the cup at times, but during meals I would leave it in the cabin and was always able to get as much soda as I wanted, no matter the venue!

Do they have Powerade at the bars? I understand the posters frustration at the 15 minute time limit. They say unlimited but they have to curb potential abuse in some way.

Do they have Powerade at the bars? I understand the posters frustration at the 15 minute time limit. They say unlimited but they have to curb potential abuse in some way.

No Powerade at the bars. Only Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Yep... We needed Powerade because we (specifically my wife) were dehydrated and needed to replenish. A soda would have had the opposite effect, and water, while nice, isn't nearly as quick and effective.

When you sell the plan to me as an unlimited plan, I expect it to be an unlimited plan. The unadvertised time restrictions reek of a bait and switch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app