The Bogoho Sale Ends, how did you fare?

Paid $850 less yesterday than it would be today. Not only did we get half off the 2nd passenger, the base rate went up by $175.

Also included in our fare are PPD gratuities and a small OBC. Overall I'm pretty happy with the deal and am glad we jumped on it.

It all started with me checking the JetBlue sale and finding a decently priced flight to PR. Once I had the flights, I just HAD to book a cruise :rolleyes:

Independence of the Seas, 3/14/2015, booked 4/14/2014 (pre-BOGOHO), PR cabin:

• Booked at $600/person (including residency rate and CAS discount)
  • Now unavailable, but inside cabins are starting at $1,159/person

Adventure of the Seas, 8/1/2015, booked 5/1/2014, PR cabin:

• Booked at $702/person (BOGOHO)
  • Now $939/person

Freedom of the Seas, 3/13/2016, booked 5/1/2014, PR cabin:

• Booked at $485/person (BOGOHO and CAS discount)
  • Now $686/person (includes CAS discount)

I'm quite pleased at the rates I managed to get for these cruises.

Freedom of the Seas, April, 2016, category D1 balcony

- booked first day of BOGOHO, total for 2 = $1707

- price today total for 2 = $2,484

Allure of the Seas, May, 2016, category D6 balcony

- booked BOGOHO and combined WOW sale OBC, total for 2 = $2068

- price today total for 2 = $2818

That's a savings of over $1,500 between the two cruises! Woo hoo!! :D

I kept monitoring the prices during the BOGOHO sale and both cruises kept increasing. So glad I booked early enough, because as time went on, the prices were no longer a 'deal'. :)

Edited by Niquein99

Booked our Freedom 10/4/15 cruise back in May, E1 Balcony, and in checking today, the price has gone up over $1000.00! Very happy we have it booked. Had been thinking about changing it to the 9/6/15 sailing, just in case some friends want to join us, but didn't get around to calling yet. Wasn't sure if we wanted to sail to the Eastern Caribbean in the middle of the peak of hurricane season. Now, we will just keep it on the 10/4 sailing!

The first day the BOGOHO sale hit I called and got the half off one of the fares. Saved $400. The next day the "base" price went up substantially. Now the price is more than double what it was when I first booked. Hapy with my deal.

Oasis Halloween Cruise Oct 2015 booked a Grand suite on May 1. Price for 2 $3129. Just looked and it has gone up to $5209. Sweet!!!

Booked the royal family suite For 10/27/14 .The price was $6500 for six of us including port charges taxes insurance and gratuity. The price now is approximately $15,000.

Edited by dep

Jewel of the Seas January 17th 2015, E1 Hump Balcony for 2.

Booked on board Splendour OTS June 2013 - $1818.

Repriced 1st May $1224.(Glad I use a US TA)

Yesterday $1961.

Today $2618

Sale was good to me originally, Pays to keep an eye on the prices.:D

We booked Adventure of the Seas for April 2016, Promenade cabin, which just jumped $180 per person. The balconies jumped about $270. I have no idea what the prices were before the sale, but we're happy. :)

How significantly have the prices changed on your cruise?

Booked a PR cabin for May 2016 on Allure during the sale, price is now $500 more overall. As with you, I did not check pricing before the sale, the sale is what prompted us to book, but I am pleased with what we paid. Hoping for a price drop at some point in the future to save a bit more :)

Watch for a Canadian Resident sale again.

We booked in May with it and our rate was $548 cheaper then the BOGO rate.. and $1000+ cheaper then todays fare.

Vacation junky, never heard of such a thing!!! Where would I even go look for that?

I just did mock bookings on the 2 cruises I did at the sail. My May 2015 3 day Bahamas went up $230.00. My 9 night on the Serenade in Dec, 2015, went up $800.00. To say that I'm happy is an understatement.

Booked our E1 on Navigator March 17th, was $2017 for two people. There is some sort of small C&A discount in there, but I'm only Gold.

Caught a price drop April 16th, went down to $1789. Repriced it under the BOGOHO on May 1st, down to $1445.

Checked today, it's $2891 for the full (no discounts) fare! So yeah, I'm VERY happy with paying just half that, and for aft 7388 no less. :D

*dancedance*

We did very well, we were able to upgrade to a JS on both the Oasis and the Adventure and are paying less than we would have. We were lucky that we saw the BOGOHO on the first day, and were able to get price drops just before they jacked them up.

Looking at the notification of price jumps today, we have saved well over $2000 on the two sets of cruises.

Doing the happy, happy dance!

We booked in May with it and our rate was $548 cheaper then the BOGO rate.. and $1000+ cheaper then todays fare.

Vacation junky, never heard of such a thing!!! Where would I even go look for that?

There are some websites that will track the prices for you. You can do it here on the CC, or you can google "cruise price tracker" and look for the fish.

We also booked early May....BOGO increased by $100 overall...today the price is $1050 higher for the exact same cruise and cabin class. OUCH.

Adventure of the Seas, 8/1/2015, booked 5/1/2014, PR cabin:
  • Booked at $702/person (BOGOHO)
  • Now $939/person

The price for this cruise just went up to $1,089/person! Wow, I wasn't expecting yet another price increase after the BOGOHO sale went away.

Just make sure that you enter your province if you are on RCL website looking for cruise prices. I've never really saw the Canadian resident rates advertised but know they recently offered a special price for residents of Ontario and we took advantage of that.

Right now, there is An Exclusive Offer for Canada on Royal's website.. they're giving OBC

With a name like Royal Caribbean International®, there's no doubt that we know how to cruise the Caribbean better than anyone else. Plus, we're sweetening the experience with up to $200* to spend onboard. Sail the Caribbean for 6 nights or longer between October 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014 to receive your onboard credit

Use your credit for an exciting shore excursion and discover the colonial Caribbean. Unwind after a day of exploring with a relaxing massage at the VitalitySM Spa. In the evening, dine at a world-class specialty restaurant offering gourmet fare. It's more than enough to get the most out of your Caribbean vacation with the cruise line that does it best!

Book now – this offer ends September 30, 2013!

Proof of Canadian residency required at departure port

Booked navigator 6/14/15 balcony for $1229/pp, repriced under BOGO $1013/pp (averaged) today it is $1472/pp. so I think we got a great deal, though I'll be looking for drops...hoping to get under $1000/pp! :D saving $918 works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked Allure, 2/6/2016 sailing, B6 Balcony cabin for total of $1760.68, including taxes and gratuities. Today's price is $2836.68.....an increase of $1076. We think we did very well at $760 p/p (before taxes/grat) in a B6 on Deck 10!! Even hedging at prices coming down some, don't think a balcony will ever be lower than $760 p/p on Allure. Have watched pricing on this ship and it has never been as low as we got it for on second day of BOGOHO sale.

Edited by buddylover