Azamara vs Oceania - my view

TERRIER1

We'll go with (almost) whoever provides the itinerary we want. Our next two cruises are with lines we haven't been on yet. I hope I will survive their food. ;)

One more thing, Oceania has DH's favorite white wine which is very difficult to get anywhere outside Austria. I suspect the Austrians drink it all themselves.

We'll go with (almost) whoever provides the itinerary we want.

Exactly my approach.

Where do I want to go?

Who goes there and when?

If Oceania goes there at the time I want it will be my choice.

But I really look at everything (see my future trips below --)

One more thing, Oceania has DH's favorite white wine which is very difficult to get anywhere outside Austria. I suspect the Austrians drink it all themselves.

And what is that? I don't see an Austrian wine listed with the packages.

Azamara has it -- but it is not nearly as good.

The fruits and berries do not come close.

The bread is unremarkable

Again --- it's fine if those items are not a priority for you. Veteran O cruisers will likely be disappointed if they are expecting the same.

Oceania wins in the food category hands down.

Azamara does better in other categories.

We like both lines. But we do not sail for the food.

Does Azamara have a great French baker on board? Excellent baguettes, delicious croissants? Berries for breakfast? First rate cheese selection? Sushi every night? Super delicious ice cream?

One food category in which Azamara wins hands down is ice cream. Its homemade ice cream is far superior to that offered on Oceania. Also the made-to-order breakfast items delivered to your table without having to stand in the egg line.

Other than that, Oceania is superior in the food wars. (Although its version of New York-style cheesecake is a vast misnomer; however, I cannot remember the cheesedcake served on Azamara.)

One food category in which Azamara wins hands down is ice cream. Its homemade ice cream is far superior to that offered on Oceania. Also the made-to-order breakfast items delivered to your table without having to stand in the egg line.

Other than that, Oceania is superior in the food wars. (Although its version of New York-style cheesecake is a vast misnomer; however, I cannot remember the cheesedcake served on Azamara.)

Pam I do not recall the ice cream on Azamara. I will be on Quest next month and I plan to sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by pacheco18

I guess it is subjective as I like Oceanias homemade ice cream better

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Jancruz1

+1, and I've never had breakfast at Waves when the Restaurant Captain didn't offer to ferry my egg order over to my table whilst I enjoyed the rest of my breakfast.

Jancruz1

I asked my expert (husband) about the ice cream since he has it everyday on Azamara and Oceania. He said Azamara's ice is very good but Oceania has more variety since the flavors on the Terrace are different than those served at Waves. Also, no malted or milk shakes on Azamara. There are smoothies though.

One food category in which Azamara wins hands down is ice cream. Its homemade ice cream is far superior to that offered on Oceania.

I thought Oceania's ice cream/Gelato was homemade as well :confused:

I asked my expert (husband) about the ice cream since he has it everyday on Azamara and Oceania. He said Azamara's ice is very good but Oceania has more variety since the flavors on the Terrace are different than those served at Waves. Also, no malted or milk shakes on Azamara. There are smoothies though.

These are all tough choices. LOL

Jancruz1

Aren't these matters ALWAYS subjective???? (Jan, this is a general question!)

We haven't been on Azamara yet so I won't vote on their ice cream vs. Oceania's but I like Oceania's just fine. It isn't Haagen Dazs however.

Ice cream is ice cream and we love it. I'm really not concerned about which ship has the better product.

Now, if we're talking main courses at dinner ... that's another matter!

Mura

What's a Malt?

A milkshake with malt powder added. Yummy.

One more ringing endorsement for O's ice creams --- not that I have sailed A, since I haven't -- but everyday there are four or five flavors made; and everyday, one of these is no sugar added. With our dietary restrictions, this is a great treat!!!

Donna

Edited by Toranut97