Freedom of the Seas drydock

OK, people should not post under the influence of multiple medications :o.

I read panoramic oceanview and then went on a virtual balcony train of thought. Yes, the big windows look to be there.

Now, going to search for a cough drop and a cup of tea with lemon and honey. Maybe they will clear my head.:eek::o

Feel better soon! :)

[ATTACH]339659[/ATTACH]

Here are Freedom (on the left) and Navigator side by side on Friday in Cozumel. They both have the same Panoramic windows

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The panoramic cabins in question were added to the front of both ships though :)

[ATTACH]339659[/ATTACH]

Here are Freedom (on the left) and Navigator side by side on Friday in Cozumel. They both have the same Panoramic windows

s

That's the back of the ships. We're talking about the new additions on the front.

Just like you, I understand nothing about the technology of how these ships float and function, nor do I want to. I do want to know about safety onboard, so I pay attention during the Muster Drill (even though I have cruised plenty). I don't get consumed by things that I can't control, I do however enjoy everything I can and take whatever else happens with a big grain of salt.

The cruise line keeps maintaining what I can see, and I fully expect they maintain what I can't see and do (just as you do in your home) the upgrades necessary and repairs as well. I always look forward to what is new on a ship (if I have gone on it in the past) and enjoy whatever is available. I don't sweat the rest.

Absolutely! Agree 100%

[ATTACH]339659[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those windows are the Windjammers on the two ships.

I dont really see how these new deck 12 cabins on FOS could be anything BUT panoramic oceanview even though not listed as such on the website yet. Another IT incompetency maybe? While there were certainly some differences in the Navigator drydock and the Freedom drydock, the whole new addition and these cabin additions appear to be the very same in pictures. Why would they not be panoramic?

I mean I know the danger of assuming and understand wanting confirmation before booking but Im gonna go with yes, they are exactly as they are on Navigator.

The only accessible cabin up there was available for my April sailing but it was a little more than Im willing to pay.

Shouldnt be long before we get some pics :)

The non-balcony cabins being added to Deck 12 will be panoramic views with floor to ceiling windows. During last week's cruise they were working on them until late at night and you had a nice view into them from the helipad.

The non-balcony cabins being added to Deck 12 will be panoramic views with floor to ceiling windows. During last week's cruise they were working on them until late at night and you had a nice view into them from the helipad.

Welcome back to grey skies and below freezing temps.

Check in at Terminal 1 was a total mess around 1230. Normally I try to arrive earlier or later, but I got there right in the middle of the rush. They stopped the security lanes on the lower level for 20 minutes, because the upstairs check-in/boarding area was too crowded. Once they started letting people through we went upstairs and there weren't any lines at the check-in counter. The lady that checked me in must have just finished training, because she didn't seem to know what she was doing and had a hand written name tag. Once I was checked in I was on the ship by 1:10.

The computers also crashed at 11am as well which added to long lines.

CD Drew said they were scheduled to have them complete in 2-3 weeks (1 side would be ready before the other) but they were hoping to have them complete a week early and could offer upgrades. I took pics from the tender - will have to download and post.

Sabor was amazing in both service and decor!! Star Lounge was very nicely re-decorated. R-Bar was nice but did not have a drink in there. Cupcake Shop was open and running but seemed to be very slow.

Elevators were awful and needed to be adjusted. If you were not standing directly in front of them when they opened, they would close in a second leaving you to wait for the next.

That's all I can think of for now - was a great week with some bumpy seas! We docked in Falmouth - barely. Navigator was diverted to Montego Bay as she could not handle the winds.

Welcome back to grey skies and below freezing temps.

Thanks Bill, this only convinces me more that I need to retire to Southern Florida.

The computers also crashed at 11am as well which added to long lines.

Thanks for the info Wine Luvuh. Sorry I missed meeting you and the others at the Meet and Mingle. It was scheduled at the same time as the Captain's Corner, where I found out about the Fixipod problem.

Does anyone know if Cabin#1814 Handicap accessible cabin and #1864 cabin are the same size? On the deck plan they are. But it says #1814 is 256sf and cabin #1864 is 211sq. I went out yesterday to take pictures of her new cabins on deck 12. Will post when I get off work. But only saw the cabins in her right side.

Thanks for the info Wine Luvuh. Sorry I missed meeting you and the others at the Meet and Mingle. It was scheduled at the same time as the Captain's Corner, where I found out about the Fixipod problem.

Good turn out - sorry we missed you! They gave away some impressive gifts this go round - a few 30 min of free internet and 5 bottles of wine/champagne! :eek:

Which side will be finished first, the inside or the outside?

Not sure I knew there were in and outs on 12! Sorry but not sure! I did wander down to 3 and looked at the new rooms where the crypt used to be but that was sheer accident! :D

Not sure I knew there were in and outs on 12! Sorry but not sure! I did wander down to 3 and looked at the new rooms where the crypt used to be but that was sheer accident! :D

It is easy to tell. Look through the window. If you see the ocean, then you are on the inside. If you see the bed, then you are on the outside.

Edited by Cuizer2

Sorry, my iPhone auto correct got me. I meant "plastic bottles" nor "Plastic bags titles".

To answer 2 other questions:

Check in at Terminal 1 was a total mess around 1230. Normally I try to arrive earlier or later, but I got there right in the middle of the rush. They stopped the security lanes on the lower level for 20 minutes, because the upstairs check-in/boarding area was too crowded. Once they started letting people through we went upstairs and there weren't any lines at the check-in counter. The lady that checked me in must have just finished training, because she didn't seem to know what she was doing and had a hand written name tag. Once I was checked in I was on the ship by 1:10.

Yes, they were confiscating items at the security check (booze bottles, some mouthwash bottles, irons, etc) but I did not see any water or soda being confiscated.

That's funny, I was wondering what plastic tiles were. Dam auto correct. Nice to know about the soda and water. I can see irons....geez people come on. Also the booze and the "Sneaky" mouthwash bottles. We never had problems at the old terminal and cruises out in 2 weeks and was hoping we'd be ok.

Thanks for all your posts.

It is easy to tell. Look through the window. If you see the ocean, then you are on the inside. If you see the bed, then you are on the outside.

Color me confused and no I have not had my champagne :D - either way - you could not access any of the area on 12 - I am only going on what the CD said so not sure exactly what rooms will be ready when but sounds like they should all be complete 3 week max.

Does anyone know if Cabin#1814 Handicap accessible cabin and #1864 cabin are the same size? On the deck plan they are. But it says #1814 is 256sf and cabin #1864 is 211sq. I went out yesterday to take pictures of her new cabins on deck 12. Will post when I get off work. But only saw the cabins in her right side.

Where did you see 1864 listed as 211 sq ft? On the RCL website, I see it listed as 175 sq ft since it's listed as a regualr cat F oceanview. I agree, based on the deck plan 1814 & 1864 look to be the exact same size (and I certainly hope so since I'm booked in 1864).

Edited by mcd2745

Where did you see 1864 listed as 211 sq ft? On the RCL website, I see it listed as 175 sq ft since it's listed as a regualr cat F oceanview. I agree, based on the deck plan 1814 & 1864 look to be the exact same size (and I certainly hope so since I'm booked in 1864).

When I upgraded to 1852 I was told it was 211 sq ft. I believe 1864 was supposed to be larger because I wanted that one but it was not available!

:D

When I upgraded to 1852 I was told it was 211 sq ft. I believe 1864 was supposed to be larger because I wanted that one but it was not available!

:D

Maybe because I have it (March 1 anyway) :D

If no one else reports on the room first, I'll do so.