Freedom of the Seas drydock

Sean, where are you finding these FOTS pictures in drydock??? I can't find any :rolleyes: :( :confused: :o :eek:

Cheryl

Cheryl - I am skimming most of these pics off of Facebook. A lot of them are from employees that work on the ship or in the shipyard.

Takes a little work to find them.

-Sean

The deck plans are also updated now - new staterooms on Deck 3 and 12, Sabor on Deck 4. The new construction on Deck 12 seems to be the same as for Voyager-Class ships??

Let's hope the new cabin construction will have some open deck space on Deck 13 above the staterooms, as on Navigator and Voyager otS??

Edited by celebrity_fan

I've got 18 days to go until I get to feast on it. I've started exercising and not to lose weight...only so I can stuff more food in my face [emoji200]

;)

Lol...I've been doing the same thing since last week. Anything to kick that metabolism up a notch. I'm on the Feb 8th cruise also.

Here, it looks from the outside like they haven't tinted the glass on the addition to match the rest of the ship... I hope they change that. Right now FOS has NCL Epic syndrome...:eek:

I personally think that the new cabins look ugly and that they ruined the nice lines of the ship...but oh well, won't stop me from cruising in her! :D

I personally think that the new cabins look ugly and that they ruined the nice lines of the ship...but oh well, won't stop me from cruising in her! :D

Yeah it just destroys the look of the ships. It's a shame they picked to prettiest ships in the fleet to "Epic-ize"

New plans are updated and on the website.

image.jpg4_zpslb0ougee.jpg

Well, THAT'S interesting. When I pull up the deck plan for Deck 5 on my iPad (as you seem to have done here), it shows Star Lounge and R Bar in the diagram, in addition to the Public Areas list on the left. But when I access the Deck 5 plan on my iMac, it still shows the old deck plan with Pharaoh's Palace and the Champagne Bar, although the list on the left is still correct.

:confused:

Edited by TrishOB
Added a missing parenthesis

Well, THAT'S interesting. When I pull up the deck plan for Deck 5 on my iPad (as you seem to have done here), it shows Star Lounge and R Bar in the diagram, in addition to the Public Areas list on the left. But when I access the Deck 5 plan on my iMac, it still shows the old deck plan with Pharaoh's Palace and the Champagne Bar, although the list on the left is still correct.

:confused:

You need to clear your cookies and or refresh your cache as your iMac is retrieving data that it has saved from previous visits to the site.

When I do a mock booking and select one of those categories, I can select from all of those cabins on the new decks (except the FO - which says to call). I'm past final payment date, so I'm not touching anything on my booking - including trying to replace my missing Izumi reservation;)

My Izumi reservation is still there for February 14!

image.jpg.900887ef6911e94969cd87c7dbbf98fe.jpg

I regularly check the prices for our upcoming cruise in August to see if they have come down. I notice now when I go in and "mock up" a new reservation, they are offering the new deck 12 staterooms. I understand they have previously done this on Navigator. Has anyone seen any reviews of these staterooms yet? I've searched and searched but couldn't find any. I would consider switching to one of these, but would like to see some reviews first.

I found pictures by googling Navigator panoramic ocean view or a specific cabin #. They look gorgeous. We have cabin 8500 which is a FO but wouldn't consider switching to the Family staterooms up on deck 12 because ours has a separate master with a door and a kids bunk bed room with a door. No other deck has rooms like that in the FO category.

Dumb question but, are they gonna paint the outside of the ship? Looks like she needs it and even though you cant see the underside when she is in the water, that red looks rough and in need of painting. So does all the white.

The pictures I saw in the link above show no sign of them painting the exterior and I would have to think they are running out of time?

No biggie. Just curious.