Celebrity Eclipse to Undergo Major Refurbishment

Quo Vadis?

Weve only been in Cellar Master to see Perry Grant. We felt it a little imposing and the wine machines clinical. It was always empty whenever Perry wasnt on so any attempt at change is good. However with Perry preferring Cellar Masters to the Sky Lounge (and the smaller venues suiting his audience) it will be interesting to see how this goes.

I dont like the name Gastrobar. Its like a restaurant being called 'restaurant'. Couldnt they give it a name rather than a 'noun'?

Totally agree.

Weve only been in Cellar Master to see Perry Grant. We felt it a little imposing and the wine machines clinical. It was always empty whenever Perry wasnt on so any attempt at change is good. However with Perry preferring Cellar Masters to the Sky Lounge (and the smaller venues suiting his audience) it will be interesting to see how this goes.

I dont like the name Gastrobar. Its like a restaurant being called 'restaurant'. Couldnt they give it a name rather than a 'noun'?

Totally agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastropub

Edited by Christine Frances

Gastrobar is a horrible name. Really? Why not call it a "Pub"- people love pub food.

Totally agree and as someone said before British food would be good. Aah, beer and fish & chips.

Edited by ReneeFLL

shoot who cares about the name....I have no problem with it and am glad they are doing something with an area that has mostly sat vacant for years....that's what is important....adding something that more people will find appealing!!

shoot who cares about the name....I have no problem with it and am glad they are doing something with an area that has mostly sat vacant for years....that's what is important....adding something that more people will find appealing!!

I am glad of that as well despite the name.:D

Gateopubs have become popular. I see nothing wrong with the name and having actually tried it on the Equinox am glad to see it expand. Some can never be satisfied..:rolleyes:

Would you happen to have any photos of the Gastropub on the Equinox? Is wine available? Other alcoholic beverages such as gin/tonic or whisky/water?

What is the menu like and is there an upcharge? TIA!

If Perry Grant played in Cellar Masters, that might account for why I never went! :eek: Only a personal opinion of course but when I did see the guy perform it made me cringe...sorry to any PG fans out there :D

Would you happen to have any photos of the Gastropub on the Equinox? Is wine available? Other alcoholic beverages such as gin/tonic or whisky/water?

What is the menu like and is there an upcharge? TIA!

Here is a thread that I started when I was aboard the EQ. It has the menu and photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2051239&highlight=gastropub

Here is a thread that I started when I was aboard the EQ. It has the menu and photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2051239&highlight=gastropub

I did follow your advice from yesterday and found the thread with your photos of the Equinox gastropub and menues.

The interior layout doesn't seem much changed from Cellar Masters, except perhaps for the longer bar. To echo many posters on the Equinox gastropub thread, I hope that more seating/eating areas and a few more tvs so that major sporting events, e.g. World Cup, World Series, college bowls, Super Bowls, etc. can be enjoyed in a pub atmosphere, will be added to the Eclipse.

I hope that more seating/eating areas and a few more tvs so that major sporting events, e.g. World Cup, World Series, college bowls, Super Bowls, etc. can be enjoyed in a pub atmosphere, will be added to the Eclipse.

That would be our worst nightmare. Luckily there are other places to buy wine.

Mary Lou

I did follow your advice from yesterday and found the thread with your photos of the Equinox gastropub and menues.

The interior layout doesn't seem much changed from Cellar Masters, except perhaps for the longer bar. To echo many posters on the Equinox gastropub thread, I hope that more seating/eating areas and a few more tvs so that major sporting events, e.g. World Cup, World Series, college bowls, Super Bowls, etc. can be enjoyed in a pub atmosphere, will be added to the Eclipse.

I do think that there will be tweaks based on feedback from the Equinox. I agree about more tables and TV's.

Anyone know where Eclipse is between the 7 Night Norway cruise on 9th May and the 15 Night Scandinavia on 30 May?

Many thanks

Ian

I have been wondering about that too. I expect it has been chartered for the 14 days between those two cruises. We are on the sailing on the 30th.

Edited by YVR cruiser