BOGOHO sale again?......

I ran the numbers both ways, for 1 single or 2 ppl for Allure D1 Balcony. I currently have a single booked for $1300 less than they would charge now with BOGOHO. The 2 ppl (me and my imaginary friend) would pay $425 more.

Mine was booked on the JulyWow special 3 weeks ago, 10% off plus $200 OBC. So far I've gotten the better deal. :) But anything can happen in the next couple months. Sure has been interesting watching the prices skyrocket.

....wonders if my imaginary friend needs a passport....

Just checked a couple of sailings -

Allure TA Oct 2015 - Q - 2people = 1969.90

Allure TA Oct 2015 - Q - 1person = 2487.45

Explorer May 2015 - E3 - 2people = 2871.18

Explorer May 2015 - E3 - 1person = 3722.09

So solo is paying more than 2 people????...or do I need new glasses and more coffee :o

I am sure the prices tomorrow with the BOGOHO will be about what you saw yesterday before the price hike.

Hope i am wrong.

Bill

Unfortunately it looks like you are right, or at least with the one I am looking at. Today's price with 1/2 off the second person is the same price it would have been yesterday paying full fare for 2.

Just checked a couple of sailings -

Allure TA Oct 2015 - Q - 2people = 1969.90

Explorer May 2015 - E3 - 2people = 2871.18

So solo is paying more than 2 people????...or do I need new glasses and more coffee :o

Solo is almost always more as you are booking a double occupancy room. Solo usually pays the solo premium which is typically almost equal to one passengers price essentially making it the same as booking for two. The BOGHO should help you out some. Maybe find a friend and then split the cost?

Solo is almost always more as you are booking a double occupancy room. Solo usually pays the solo premium which is typically almost equal to one passengers price essentially making it the same as booking for two. The BOGHO should help you out some. Maybe find a friend and then split the cost?

Thanks yes I am used to booking solo but if you check the prices I have posted you will see that solo is paying way more than double the price.

Allure TA Oct 2015 - Q - 2people = 1969.90 total

Solo would pay more than 200%

Explorer May 2015 - E3 - 2people = 2871.18 total

Really has it come to this that Solos have to have imaginary friends now to cruise so they don't pay over the 200% ?? :p:D

Thanks yes I am used to booking solo but if you check the prices I have posted you will see that solo is paying way more than double the price.

Allure TA Oct 2015 - Q - 2people = 1969.90 total

Explorer May 2015 - E3 - 2people = 2871.18 total

Really has it come to this that Solos have to have imaginary friends now to cruise so they don't pay over the 200% ?? :p:D

Liz, if I remember the last BOGOHO sale properly, it was a day or so before they fixed the singles pricing on the website.

Liz, if I remember the last BOGOHO sale properly, it was a day or so before they fixed the singles pricing on the website.

Hi Bob, it took nearly a day and a few emails by a few of us from here and then the solo rate was sorted last time.

You would think that as it wasn't that long ago since the last BOGOHO offer they would get it right this time....wait...silly me ...forgot we are talking about Royal Caribbean IT :rolleyes: :(

Looking at the two cruises we have booked I don't see any bargains:

#1: Jr Suite booked under BOGOHO at 3,000. Was 5,000 last week, 4,000 now.

#2: Balcony booked under BOGOHO at 2,600. Was 4,100 last week, 3,200 today.

I guess we're still very happy with the prices we locked in:D

The offer fine print gives no indication at all that they will apply it to solo's. Guess we'll have to wait and see today.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=chc_gs_tctclp_thr_hm_cntntr_8829&pagename=august2014_three_ways_save#bogoho

*Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, and interior stateroom. Cruise must be booked Aug 1 - Sep 15, 2014 (the “Offer Period”). For select products on sailings departing on or after Oct 15, 2014, excluding all sailings between Dec 15-31, 2014. Offer applies to select sailings, excluding Quantum and Anthem of the Seas, and guest may choose from either (1) 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare, (2) free cruise fare of third and fourth passengers booked in a triple or quad occupancy stateroom, or (3) up to $1000 per stateroom cruise savings for balcony and suite staterooms when booking ChoiceAir, discount amount varies by product.

I just tried to dummy booking on Radiance to Alaska next summer. Price for two people in a cabin was about $3500 for a balcony. Then I tried four people over $5400. Same category. How is that free. I'd rather have the kids in a inside cabin. That's pretty much an extra bathroom for free

Aft Cabins Rule

Edited by ATC cruiser

Found this -

Guests have the choice of:

Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off

Kids Sail Free – No age restriction

Book ChoiceAir and receive up to $1,000 off your stateroom (Balconies and Suites only)

Ships: All ships excluding Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas

Booking window: August 1st – September 15, 2014

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after October 15, 2014, excluding all sailings between December 15-31, 2014

So you will get to choose one of the 3 offers.

Saw it today as well. Will be looking into the choice air side of things.

I just tried to dummy booking on Radiance to Alaska next summer. Price for two people in a cabin was about $3500 for a balcony. Then I tried four people over $4500. Same category. How is that free. I'd rather have the kids in a inside cabin. That's pretty much an extra bathroom for free

Aft Cabins Rule

Probably because when looking at two, you got the half off the second. When you add the kids, they are free, but the second does not get the half off. Click on the view details on the right hand side of the screen near the total price and look for the breakdown. Sometimes , the second at half off is a better deal than the kids sail free.

Edited by Kcruiser2014

Probably because got two you got the half off the second. When you add the kids, they are free, but the second dies not get the half off. Click on the view details on the right hand side of the screen near the total price and look for the breakdown. Sometimes , the second at half off is a better deal than the kids sail free.

Your right, I just figured that out. I'm much better off getting 2 cabins and an extra bathroom, than stuffing four people in a balcony cabin.

Aft Cabins Rule

After reading through this thread, I decided to take a shot at two previously booked cruises - March 8, 2015 and March 6 2016 FOS (D2 cabin)

Saved $592 on the 2015 cruise (from $3,549 to $2,957)

and $555 on the 2016 cruise (from $2,357 to $1,802)

$1,147 savings :D