HAL's new online booking system?

jaguarstyper

I totally agree with you.

HAL's marketing dept targets those new to HAL or with just a couple of HAL cruisers rather than the mariner with a large # of days--they have us already locked in so why target us..... this I confirmed .. it is the same reason why 4 and 5 star mariners do not get many email offers.. only those with a few cruises do

trying to put together a multi-segment 92 day cruise has just become a nitemare for us with this new website..we plan our cruising itineraries ourselves over the years and find it not worthwhile to let others plan for us

Edited by Stakeout

Keep posting on Facebook about your complaints = I just saw this on facebook:

Holland America Line wrote: "Hi fans, we appreciate your comments and concerns about the new website changes and will be passing them on to our website team for further review. Please feel free to contact socialmedia@hollandamerica.com with additional questions or concerns."

HAL's marketing dept targets those new to HAL or with just a couple of HAL cruisers rather than the mariner with a large # of days--they have us already locked in so why target us..... this I confirmed .. it is the same reason why 4 and 5 star mariners do not get many email offers.. only those with a few cruises do

trying to put together a multi-segment 92 day cruise has just become a nitemare for us with this new website..we plan our cruising itineraries ourselves over the years and find it not worthwhile to let others plan for us

Trust me -- I long time ago figured that out.

We have no cruises booked after the spring of 2015 and looking at what HAL is offering -- don't see us booking anything that appeals to us.

HAL. ARE YOU LISTENING :mad:

Your changes are ok BUT. Give us totals please

I check in often to see if the totals have changed, I do not want to use a calculator to see the total for two or three or four per cabin.

Please give us totals. Thanks:rolleyes:

Edited by Seawoff

Interesting.... I had a different experience when I went on it with my Windows 8 machine. I was not logged in and I was not required to enter demographics.

The buttons are in a bad place, and it would be nice to see totals, but seeing cabin availability was actually fine. No, I was not aware which cabins had what designation (without cross referencing to deck plans) but by clicking on a cabin, I could see its price. And in many ways, at cabin selection time, that could be easier to find a less expensive cabin..... I could see this backfiring on HAL in some ways. When you look at the schematic, and have 2 otherwise identical cabins next to each other, but one is $300 more, gee, is it worth the $300?

Just tried the new website. No problems at all either just looking without entering demographics or going ahead and doing a dummy booking. Quite frankly I find it as easy as, if not easier than, the previous website. The only thing I didn't like is the placement of the continue button at the bottom of the page instead of the top.

Interesting.... I had a different experience when I went on it with my Windows 8 machine. I was not logged in and I was not required to enter demographics.

The buttons are in a bad place, and it would be nice to see totals, but seeing cabin availability was actually fine. No, I was not aware which cabins had what designation (without cross referencing to deck plans) but by clicking on a cabin, I could see its price. And in many ways, at cabin selection time, that could be easier to find a less expensive cabin..... I could see this backfiring on HAL in some ways. When you look at the schematic, and have 2 otherwise identical cabins next to each other, but one is $300 more, gee, is it worth the $300?

I might have missed something yesterday, but I too am seeing per person prices of cabins as I click on the schematic and select various cabins along with the taxes and port fees, all without logging on or entering demographics. Switching to whatever device's calculator yields the total price and you can include the HAL insurance cost in this figure without entering any demographics. It's actually pretty easy to navigate back to the stateroom type and select inside, ocean view, verandah, etc. and look at prices this way by using the "Stateroom Type - Location & Deck - Stateroom - Preferences" bar underneath the "Stateroom" section along the top.

Better placement of the "Save and Continue" button or it's removal when it's not necessary to navigate forward in the process would be less confusing and an acculumated total cost in the right column would be nice but this engine is growing on me. It's different, and by that measure alone, disliked, but it's not really so bad, IMHO.

Edited by 0bnxshs

Keep posting on Facebook about your complaints = I just saw this on facebook:

Holland America Line wrote: "Hi fans, we appreciate your comments and concerns about the new website changes and will be passing them on to our website team for further review. Please feel free to contact socialmedia@hollandamerica.com with additional questions or concerns."

Dave, where on HAL's Facebook page can we put in a comment? I only use FB to communicate with my daughter and grandkids. Thanks!

Dave, where on HAL's Facebook page can we put in a comment? I only use FB to communicate with my daughter and grandkids. Thanks!

On Holland's FB page, right below the ship picture, it says " POST" and then something like "write something" in a box. Enter you comment there.

DaveOKC

On Holland's FB page, right below the ship picture, it says " POST" and then something like "write something" in a box. Enter you comment there.

DaveOKC

Thanks. I thought there was a thread about the new booking system. You can tell how much I know about FB!

DaveOKC

on HAL's FB 'bad website' thread I mentioned about this thread on CC.. maybe that'll lite a fire under HAL

Just tried the new website. No problems at all either just looking without entering demographics or going ahead and doing a dummy booking. Quite frankly I find it as easy as, if not easier than, the previous website. The only thing I didn't like is the placement of the continue button at the bottom of the page instead of the top.

I must be accessing a different HAL website than you are ...if you can show me WHERE it lists what Cabin-Categories are listed after going to Aft--Middle-Forward on the 3rd booking page under Stateroom that would be neat... it does NOT.. colors are there for each cabin but no legend to what those colors correspond to.. as an example all it does on the right side is state Type--Oceanview..Location: Forward.. Deck: Main so this is easier??.. I think NOT... have to do multiple extra steps to get what the old website did in 1 step

I hope that HAL backed up their old website.. so they can put their tail between their legs when they try to go back to it..

I must be accessing a different HAL website than you are ...if you can show me WHERE it lists what Cabin-Categories are listed after going to Aft--Middle-Forward on the 3rd booking page under Stateroom that would be neat... it does NOT.. colors are there for each cabin but no legend to what those colors correspond to.. as an example all it does on the right side is state Type--Oceanview..Location: Forward.. Deck: Main so this is easier??.. I think NOT... have to do multiple extra steps to get what the old website did in 1 step

I hope that HAL backed up their old website.. so they can put their tail between their legs when they try to go back to it..

That's what I am finding, too. I was told the categories are all listed somewhere with the amenities for each, but I can't find it!

Trust me -- I long time ago figured that out.

We have no cruises booked after the spring of 2015 and looking at what HAL is offering -- don't see us booking anything that appeals to us.

I know you knew... :) :)

sad and disappointing that HAL would resort to those kind of poor marketing strategies :(

That's what I am finding, too. I was told the categories are all listed somewhere with the amenities for each, but I can't find it!

they are listed 'in general' .. at the beginning on the 'itinerary page' they have picture blocks for each general category.. Inside--Ocean-view--Lanai--Vista Suite--Neptune Suite ..think that is what was being referred to NOT the individual Cabin Categoies C-D-EE-H etc

DesktopHALCabinCategoriesEuropeampMediterraneanCruises-TransatlanticampEuropeanCruises-HollandAmericaLine-EuropeanCruises20_zps17bf45e8.jpeg

Edited by Stakeout