2015-2016 Cruise Atlas available on HAL web site

RetiredMustang

I did not realize that people in other countries had different "HAL web sites" but I suppose it makes sense.

Here is the window that comes up when I click the brochure on the U.S. site -- it might be worth trying to see if it leads you to the brochure: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/cruiseatlas1516/

If you get the page open, among the icons along the top is one that looks like an arrow pointing downward into an in box. If you click that, you can download the interactive, or go to the bottom of the page and click on the line that says "click here to download the .pdf version ... " The .pdf file is 55MB.

Dave

Thanks so much for the link.

Yep the 2015-2016 was there when I went in to the website and said I am a resident of the US. It is not available to us Canadians as yet. Anyway we are not ready to book that far out.

I am correcting some of my grammar errors.

The rationale is:

Put a ship that might be hard to fill on a great itinerary.

The 14 day cruise from Tampa is a wonderful itinerary and seemingly

popular. If you put the ship on a great itinerary, you have a better

chance of getting people to sail her.

They did that with Noordam III when she was ready to leave the fleet

and needed work. They gave her wonderful itineraries.

What would be interesting would be to compare what they charged for Ryndam's last season

vs what they are charging for Veendam.

Given your experience I acknowledge that this is the most likely explanation. I was hopeful that it would be Statendam instead. It IS a great itinerary and we will be on the Ryndam for it in February.:)

Given your experience I acknowledge that this is the most likely explanation. I was hopeful that it would be Statendam instead. It IS a great itinerary and we will be on the Ryndam for it in February.:)

The Statendam is also leaving HAL for P&O. Sorry!

I did not realize that people in other countries had different "HAL web sites" but I suppose it makes sense.

Here is the window that comes up when I click the brochure on the U.S. site -- it might be worth trying to see if it leads you to the brochure: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/cruiseatlas1516/

If you get the page open, among the icons along the top is one that looks like an arrow pointing downward into an in box. If you click that, you can download the interactive, or go to the bottom of the page and click on the line that says "click here to download the .pdf version ... " The .pdf file is 55MB.

Dave

Thank you very much for the link - very thoughtful of you.

Dave

Thank you Dave. Really appreciate the link.

Interesting: According to the sailing schedule on page 213, Oosterdam seems to sail to Europe in 2016, and Nieuw Amsterdam Panama Canal --> maybe she comes to Alaska in summer 2016...

Also it seems to be very likely that the Pinnacle class ship (to enter service in 2016) might sail Europe.

Edited by celebrity_fan

If the Pinnacle ship is christened in late spring or summer, it is likely she'd sail European itineraries her first months in the fleet. I seem to recall hearing February as when they expect delivery but I well could be mistaken.

If the Pinnacle ship is christened in late spring or summer, it is likely she'd sail European itineraries her first months in the fleet. I seem to recall hearing February as when they expect delivery but I well could be mistaken.

February, 2016 is still listed as the delivery date as far as I can learn.

Interesting that the new ship is not mentioned in the new Atlas. Tells me that she is delayed for whatever reason.

Interesting: According to the sailing schedule on page 213, Oosterdam seems to sail to Europe in 2016, and Nieuw Amsterdam Panama Canal --> maybe she comes to Alaska in summer 2016...

Also it seems to be very likely that the Pinnacle class ship (to enter service in 2016) might sail Europe.

I would be ecstatic if they sent a Signature Class ship this way! DH and I recently decided we were kind of "Alaska'd out" but it may be worth doing another in a few years if they're bringing that incredible ship over!

Thank you for posting!

Good catch. I hope you're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry I missed this thread when it came out at first. Great info. I'll have to download this at work because my iPad isn't liking it. This is so much more interesting then the silly fluff that has been on cc the last few days. Thx so much Dave.

Many of us were concerned that after 32 years of Holland America sailing from Tampa, that 2015 would be the last year. With the announcement of the Ryndam not returning to Tampa in the fall of 2015, it looked like there would not be a ship here. Now the Veendam will return, although not until Jan 2016, and then for only 8 sailings. The Veendam had been based in Tampa prior to its refit when the rear pool was removed and more rooms were added.

Edited by St Pete Cruiser

I spent some time looking at the new atlas yesterday, and can't see where a new ship is going to fit into the lineup. It would seem as though HAL would need to make some large scale changes to what's been published.

Roz

February, 2016 is still listed as the delivery date as far as I can learn.

Interesting that the new ship is not mentioned in the new Atlas. Tells me that she is delayed for whatever reason.

I think the ship is not mentioned because it should be a "surprise" - nearly no information about the ship is given so far.

In the 2014-15 brochure of RCI, Anthem otS also was not listed (and NCL getaway not in the 2013-14 brochure) - so I think the Pinnacle ship will be in the new 2016 brochure. :)

But it seems to be very likely that she sails Europe - in the last years, every new HAL ship spent it's maiden season in Europe...

Dave

Oh my word! Thanks sooo much for this. Looks like I'll be booking Nieuw Amsterdam for 28 days - woo hoo. Bliss. :D