El Cheapo Cruises Thread

2 hours ago, mum and son said:

I have 2 Princess cruises booked for September, and one of them is part of this sun drenched sale. Final payment date is Monday and my sister has decided not to come on the cruise, meaning our 4 berth becomes a triple. I called Princess and they were so helpful!

I have a couple of options after removing my sister from the booking:
1. Stay in our original balcony cabin with an extra large balcony (and they won't charge me the fare for the 4th person, which was only $168 when I booked), or
2. Upgrade to a deluxe balcony guarantee for $300 dollars less than I am currently paying for the standard balcony cabin.

They have held the deluxe balcony while I decide and will apply the deposit I have already paid to the new booking AND give me the price that are in the "new bookings only" sun drenched promo. In fact, I could actually get a mini-suite for less than my current cabin price too.
That's a win/win for me! So many options - and thanks to Princess for being so flexible. I was expecting to be told that a change would be treated as a cancellation, especially during a "new bookings only" promo period.

That definitely sounds encouraging. I will make sure to call first thing tomorrow and check out my options.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience 🙂

I've also benefited from this promo with 2 princess short cruises.  One was able to rebook, transfer cruise credits to new booking and save $50 plus be upgraded to a better suite. The other was able to save $250  on a 3 night cruise so happy about that.  It definitely pays to subscribe to various cruise company emails to monitor pricing fluctuations and check into this website frequently. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Another bargain alert

just booked today 

Majestic Princess weekend cruise 3 nights Syd - Syd to nowhere 27th-30th Sept 2019

Scored mini suite with my cabin of choice for $40 more than the cheapest inside cabin ($640)

All balcony,deluxe balcony and deluxe premium balcony were hundreds of dollars  more than the mini suite category 

Go figure 

all categories were available until shortly after I booked this afternoon and then the princess site showed cruise fully booked out.

im sure it's not booked out instead I think I finally found a category pricing mistake on the Princess website  (at last) and they took the cruise off the market to reset. Probably explains why my princess cruise planner unusually left me on hold a couple times to check when I jumped on the phone and booked one of many available cabins 

I am interested to see what happens overnight (maybe it's is fully booked but I doubt it.)

Now all I need is a visit from the upgrade fairy to really cement the win !

Might be worth checking tomorrow to see if a bargain is still there if you want a little weekend afloat 

Majestic Princess deal....

10 night out of Sydney to Queensland and back to Sydney (4 ports + Willis Island cruise by)

Departs 27 November 2019. 

Balcony cabin from $1683 per person (Cat BE)

Mini Suites from $1849 per person (Cat MF). Mini suite for well under $200 per day.

OBC $150.00 per cabin. 

No inside cabins available. 

On that great OZ site. 

Edited by Fletch1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterpatter said:

Another bargain alert

just booked today 

Majestic Princess weekend cruise 3 nights Syd - Syd to nowhere 27th-30th Sept 2019

Scored mini suite with my cabin of choice for $40 more than the cheapest inside cabin ($640)

All balcony,deluxe balcony and deluxe premium balcony were hundreds of dollars  more than the mini suite category 

Go figure 

all categories were available until shortly after I booked this afternoon and then the princess site showed cruise fully booked out.

im sure it's not booked out instead I think I finally found a category pricing mistake on the Princess website  (at last) and they took the cruise off the market to reset. Probably explains why my princess cruise planner unusually left me on hold a couple times to check when I jumped on the phone and booked one of many available cabins 

I am interested to see what happens overnight (maybe it's is fully booked but I doubt it.)

Now all I need is a visit from the upgrade fairy to really cement the win !

Might be worth checking tomorrow to see if a bargain is still there if you want a little weekend afloat 

I'm also on that cruise, but have been booked for 6 months or so. I'm also on for the 10 days prior. I've re-fared a few times and have been watching prices like a hawk. There were a LOT of mini-suites left when it came to final payment date, and so those prices dropped just after that. They're the only 4 berth category left, and the cruise is on school holidays so I would expect them to sell fast now. Honestly I think it's sold slowly so far because its AFL grand final weekend, and semis for the NRL.

I actually gave up my mini-suite last week to "downgrade" to an aft facing deluxe balcony.  Mini-suites are a good price now so congrats on locking in. See you onboard! I'll be the one supporting the Brisbane Lions in the grand final 🤩.

5 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I'm also on that cruise, but have been booked for 6 months or so. I'm also on for the 10 days prior. I've re-fared a few times and have been watching prices like a hawk. There were a LOT of mini-suites left when it came to final payment date, and so those prices dropped just after that. They're the only 4 berth category left, and the cruise is on school holidays so I would expect them to sell fast now. Honestly I think it's sold slowly so far because its AFL grand final weekend, and semis for the NRL.

I actually gave up my mini-suite last week to "downgrade" to an aft facing deluxe balcony.  Mini-suites are a good price now so congrats on locking in. See you onboard! I'll be the one supporting the Brisbane Lions in the grand final 🤩.

Hope the lions take it out !

Guess it just pays to treat regular fare checking as  a profitable hobby. This is the first last minute one I've snapped up.

ive always had the best bargain on first release day as I also like to plan leave even nearly two years out around the best cruises plus the fare just seems to escalate as the date gets closer if you select a popular cruise early.

Still not as much fun as actually stepping aboard though

6 minutes ago, Peterpatter said:

Hope the lions take it out !

Guess it just pays to treat regular fare checking as  a profitable hobby. This is the first last minute one I've snapped up.

ive always had the best bargain on first release day as I also like to plan leave even nearly two years out around the best cruises plus the fare just seems to escalate as the date gets closer if you select a popular cruise early.

Still not as much fun as actually stepping aboard though

I see that M107, the biggest mini on the Majestic is showing as available. It's club class too. I would grab it except I'm up the front for the 10 days prior and want to try an aft facing cabin.

30 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I see that M107, the biggest mini on the Majestic is showing as available. It's club class too. I would grab it except I'm up the front for the 10 days prior and want to try an aft facing cabin.

We are in M107 Syd - Singapore in Feb

for 19 days but it's not club class for that cruise. I can wish

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, mum and son said:

I just booked that cruise on a special! I will be hoping that the Brisbane Lions get to the big dance and I will be cheering them even though I am a Swans supporter!!

Here are two from Carnival for less than $100 a day.

South Pacific
960dc332-4dd0-434b-8a80-efe408db3338.jpg
10 February 2020

8 Nights

Carnival Splendor

Up To $150 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $765 pp
Quad From $681 pp
South Pacific
ba450fcf-0fee-4712-b030-df9f7f4f5e71.jpg
1 March 2020

10 Nights

Carnival Splendor

Up To $200 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $897 pp
Quad From $802 pp

On 8/25/2019 at 6:25 PM, Cruisegroover said:

I just booked that cruise on a special! I will be hoping that the Brisbane Lions get to the big dance and I will be cheering them even though I am a Swans supporter!!

I hope we get there!

25 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Liking the 8 night ruby princess Auckland to Sydney for $1030 pp inside cabin. Departs 15 October 2019.

been looking at other holiday options but the all inclusive price of cruises can’t be beaten.

Booked this one last week, managed to get a (largely unobstructed) obstructed  view cabin for ~NZ$1200pp😀