El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I have seen that happen another time with maybe RCI or Celebrity. Not a cruise to be had. When it came back to normal next day I couldn't see any difference in the prices I was checking out, but maybe as you say, just a link problem. I was hoping that time for a sale to start :)

I just had a look at I think the same site, and for Princess there were a few 2014 cruises, and some mid 2016. Maybe there is a big release happening? Wow 100 night cruises!

Edited by goodycruising

I have seen that happen another time with maybe RCI or Celebrity. Not a cruise to be had. When it came back to normal next day I couldn't see any difference in the prices I was checking out, but maybe as you say, just a link problem. I was hoping that time for a sale to start :)

I just had a look at I think the same site, and for Princess there were a few 2014 cruises, and some mid 2016. Maybe there is a big release happening? Wow 100 night cruises!

I definately would not get leave approval. My boss was very accommodating we meet to day and structured a project delivery around my cruising holiday. So it was worth waiting :D

It is good to see that it worked out well Sarah. :) I would imagine a happy worker would deliver better work than someone not able to get away.

We also have put a few deposits on some future cruises in the hope that the planets will align and we can go. We find booking direct makes for an easy refund if you cancel it in plenty of time. Also booking early does seem to get some good prices still. We have been happy so far, and we like to have a goal to save towards. Wouldn't put down $5,000+ though? Sounds like a lot for 2016?

We are tempted to save a space in our schedule for some last minute bargains in the future though. There have been some tempting ones here lately. So much fun planning and dreaming.

My 2015 booked up. With Diamond Princess and Carribean Princess. I booked the 7 day cruise prior to the TA as well. I wouldn't mind doing the Voyager Of The Seas on 28 November 2015 just to sample the ship. But I dunno, no OBC being offered and the price not tempting me yet and the itinerary is fairly run of the mill stuff. It would be cruising for the sake of cruising on the ship. But its in cheapo November so watch and wait :D

I have got a deposit down on a 2016 35 day cruise with Princess. But I'm seriously looking at the Legend of the Seas relocation up to Hong Kong. But want to see where it goes after that.

And I got the Golden Princess booked for 3 January 2016 7 days. I got some nice OBC and a reasonable price. But its only secured with $10 deposit. So it might stay, it might go. But I really like the idea of going on the Golden Princess before she heads back to America and bonus no flights.

Princess cruises are back on that site. So might have been a glitch. I noticed that there is no solo fare cabins available on the Diamond Princess Sydney to Singapore. Actually no triples or quads on any of the cruises so they must have a link problem to Princess inventory.

Edited by icat2000

Ship Name: Arcadia Cruise Code: PJ501BNEHKG Departure Date: Tuesday, 24 February 2015 Cruise Name: Brisbane to Hong Kong Nights: 20 Departing: Brisbane

$1899 per person inside

Ship Name: Arcadia Cruise Code: PJ501SYDHKG Departure Date: Saturday, 21 February 2015 Cruise Name: Sydney to Hong Kong Nights: 23 Departing: Sydney

$2203 pp inside

Hmmm. A well known site, with six month deposit options is showing no Princess cruises. They showing all sold out. Is it my computer, broweser (though I have checked on Chrome and Firefox) and i get the same. I wonder whats happening there. Did someone accidently deleted the inventory or is their link down to Princess.

Oddly, there are some Princess cruises available, but the majority are gone.

It could have been an outage mid-transmission, as Princess itself is fine. So it just seems to be that site's connectivity of availability.

I know it would be almost impossible for Aussies to take advantage of this BUT it's worth salivating over anyway.

Posted on CC top 10 cruise price drop email today.

14 days Caribbean B@B on HAL Eurodam. Followed the link an this is what it shows for total cabin price for an obstructed OV Gty. FOR TWO people.

14-night Western Caribbean Cruise

Cruise Line:

Holland America Line

Departs:

from Fort Lauderdale

Sunday Nov-30-14 at 4:00 PM

Ship:

ms Eurodam

Returns:

to Fort Lauderdale

Sunday Dec-14-14 at 7:00 AM

Cabin Info:

GUAR

- Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Total Cabin Price *

$1098

For 2 Passengers

I know it would be almost impossible for Aussies to take advantage of this BUT it's worth salivating over anyway.

14 days Caribbean B@B on HAL Eurodam. Followed the link an this is what it shows for total cabin price for an obstructed OV Gty. FOR TWO people.

Total Cabin Price *

$1098

For 2 Passengers

One day, I will take advantage of those offers, just need to base myself in Florida.:cool:

Edited by MicCanberra

Cruise Line: Holland America Line

Departs: from Fort Lauderdale Sunday Nov-30-14 at 4:00 PM

Ship: ms Eurodam

Returns: to Fort Lauderdale Sunday Dec-14-14 at 7:00 AM

Cabin Info: GUAR- Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Total Cabin Price * $1098 For 2 Passengers

This price might not include fees and taxes. Most prices advertised in America are usually the cruise fare only and the additional fees could be around the same price again. Even if the price is double what is shown, it is a great price.:)

This price might not include fees and taxes. Most prices advertised in America are usually the cruise fare only and the additional fees could be around the same price again. Even if the price is double what is shown, it is a great price.:)

You're right... comes to about $1456 US where I checked, so about $1720Australian. $860/person. Tips are extra.

That said, it's only a week away and at low season so understandable they're trying to sell at such a discount. A great price, but have seen similar here at last minute as well.

Ship Name: Celebrity Century Cruise Code: CN01DEC14 Departure Date: Monday, 1 December 2014 Cruise Name: QLD/South Pacific Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside $920 pp, Oceanview $1312, and if you want to cruise in a Suite (Guaranteed) $2039 pp

This one has been hovering cheap for awhile.

Ship Name: Celebrity Century Cruise Code: CN01DEC14 Departure Date: Monday, 1 December 2014 Cruise Name: QLD/South Pacific Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside $920 pp, Oceanview $1312, and if you want to cruise in a Suite (Guaranteed) $2039 pp

This one has been hovering cheap for awhile.

And it would be perfect for us as we are on her from the 15th so we could just go back to back, but wee both have to work, it is just so unfair.

Another cheap cheapie from Princess in January 2015

Ship Name: Sun Princess Cruise Code: S503 Departure Date: Saturday, 24 January 2015 Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji Nights: 14 Departing: Sydney

Inside from $1050 pp

Also this one starting to get close to the $100 pp night bracket

Ship Name: Diamond Princess Cruise Code: M527 Departure Date: Sunday, 6 September 2015 Cruise Name: Japan to Sydney Nights: 23 Departing: Yokohama, Japan

Inside from $2387 pp

Heres one in Kiwi dollars.....

There must be lots of unsold cabins.

DIAMOND PRINCESS FLASH FARES

Diamond Princess has slashed prices on her 12 night Around New Zealand Trans-Tasman sailing this summer departing Auckland 22 January 2015!

*** FLASH FARE *** FLASH FARE *** FLASH FARE *** FLASH FARE *** FLASH FARE ***

Full Payment upon confirmation & Fully non-refundable

Be quick, as the ship fills...the prices increase

12 nights Auckland to Sydney

Departs Auckland - 22 January 2015

Arrives Sydney - 03 February 2015

Inside cabins from NZ$1,119*

Outside (obstructed view) cabins from NZ$1,209*

Outside (non obstructed) cabins from NZ$1,429*

Balcony Cabins from NZ$1,759*

Mini-Suites with Balcony from NZ$2,749*

Diamond Princess has slashed prices on her 12 night Around New Zealand Trans-Tasman sailing this summer departing Auckland 22 January 2015!

I still have some Kiwi dollars, but not enough for even these great prices.:D

quote=MicCanberra;44864104]I still have some Kiwi dollars, but not enough for even these great prices.:D

Kiwi Kruzer, THANK YOU for Posting....

Alas...

But I/we still haven't found What We/I'm looking for

Read more: U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics | MetroLyrics

But SLOWLY working towards Our wants/needs...

Thanks for your input :)

Kiwi Kruzer, THANK YOU for Posting....

Alas...

But I/we still haven't found What We/I'm looking for

Read more: U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For Lyrics | MetroLyrics

But SLOWLY working towards Our wants/needs...

Thanks for your input :)

You need to be singing Rod Stewart's 'I am sailing'.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

This looks reasonable.

Ship Name: Diamond Princess Cruise Code: M504 Departure Date: Tuesday, 3 February 2015 Cruise Name: Sydney to Auckland Nights: 12 Departing: Sydney

From inside $954 Oceanview Obstructed $1037

This looks reasonable..........

There are some unbelievable deals around for Diamond Princess at the moment. If they keep up , Princess will move her somewhere else where there is not so much competition and they can get prices that make it worthwhile for them and their shareholders.

A case of .....

Use it or lose it .

There are some unbelievable deals around for Diamond Princess at the moment. If they keep up , Princess will move her somewhere else where there is not so much competition and they can get prices that make it worthwhile for them and their shareholders.

A case of .....

Use it or lose it .

Agreed, love the low prices but 2015 is booked up for me, I need them for 2016 now.:D

A case of .....

Use it or lose it .

I think its more a case of too many cruises and cruiselines doing the Australia to NZ run.

A case of .....

Use it or lose it .

Next cruise season we will lose a few of the Melbourne Princess large ship cruisers to the Golden. I wonder what effect that will have on the Diamond Princess bookings out of Sydney. Maybe there will still be bargain cruises on the Diamond next year.

I agree with you Kiwi Kruzer at some stage Princess will not be happy with the cruise prices for the Diamond out of Australia. Lets hope there are a lot of gamblers or beer drinkers in the Australian waters to make it worth their while.;)

Karryl