what type of state room would fit 5 adults in

And what general price range. There are family oceanviews, family promanades and I believe family interiors on certain ships - but they have only one bath. Or, if the budget allows there are Royal Family suites that are great but pricey. Yes, the 5th would pay the 3/4 rate.

The family Oceanview cabins are really nice and spacious.....but still.....only one bathroom. One bathroom for 5 adults.....I can't imagine!!:eek: You might want to consider two connecting cabins. Lots more room per person and two bathrooms. The 13 year old might love a Pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling.

On the Oasis class the loft suites have 2 Bathrooms. There is a King upstairs, the couch pulls out to a queen & you can get a roll-away. They are over 500 sq feet. Also the Radiance class have 2 bedroom suites. they also have 2 bathrooms. They are also over 500 sq feet.

Edited by RazorbackIslandGirl

On the Oasis class the loft suites have 2 Bathrooms. There is a King upstairs, the couch pulls out to a queen & you can get a roll-away. They are over 500 sq feet. Also the Radiance class have 2 bedroom suites. they also have 2 bathrooms. They are also over 500 sq feet.

Loft suites still only have an occupancy of 4. You cannot simply add a rollaway.

What happened to the good old days when we had one bathroom per house. Sharing a bathroom in a j suite between one family certainly outways the cost of 2 separate/connecting balcony rooms. We had connecting rooms on sos and the connecting doors were nothing but a pain as they wouldn't open fully plus they were in our way of getting out on to balcony.

I'd go for two connecting balcony staterooms. If you are on Freedom or Oasis class, or Navigator, you can open the balcony dividers and make it one large stateroom. With two bathrooms.

What happened to the good old days when we had one bathroom per house. Sharing a bathroom in a j suite between one family certainly outways the cost of 2 separate/connecting balcony rooms. We had connecting rooms on sos and the connecting doors were nothing but a pain as they wouldn't open fully plus they were in our way of getting out on to balcony.

If you want everyone in one cabin the only way to do it with 5 is a family cabin. Price it out to see if that would be mkre cost effective than 2 cabins. Unfortunately you need to call to get pricing on those. For the question on if the 5th will be same price as 3 and 4, the answer is yes.

However, I agree with others, go with the 2 cabins if possible. When everyone is trying to get ready at the same time, the 2 bathrooms are well worth it. At home with one bath the usage is normally spread out a bit more.

I'd go for two connecting balcony staterooms. If you are on Freedom or Oasis class, or Navigator, you can open the balcony dividers and make it one large stateroom. With two bathrooms.

Navigator allows the balconies to open? I know they can, but for a long time, including 2009 when I was on her and had my sister and husband in the next balcony, they didn't allow it. I'm going on Freedom with another couple next to us this time, but not sure if they will want to open it or not.

Navigator allows the balconies to open? I know they can, but for a long time, including 2009 when I was on her and had my sister and husband in the next balcony, they didn't allow it. I'm going on Freedom with another couple next to us this time, but not sure if they will want to open it or not.

It's up to the captain as to whether pr not they can be opened so that can vary from sailing to sailing. Once they are opened, you do lose a measure of privacy.

Regular cabins do not allow 5 passengers, although they sometimes make an exception for a small child who would be in a pack 'n' play, but you are talking about five adults.

For five adults, you must book either a TS/RFS (same accommodation, different name) or family balcony/oceanview/inside/promenade cabin. Only the RFS/TS has two bathrooms. The family staterooms have one bathroom. If you are fine with that, then look at the deck plans for any ship that you are considering. You will see the location and layout of any family staterooms.

Again, here is Royal Caribbean's website, where you can see deck plans for every ship and on each deck, the layout of each cabin type.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com

When you are ready to price a family stateroom, you or your TA must call, as they do not post these rates on their website.

If you are willing to consider a pair of cabins, you can price those yourself on the website. There are balcony cabins next to (some connect, some are merely next to each other) oceanview or inside cabins, as well as balcony cabins.

From what I read here, it seems it's more likely they will allow the balconies to be opened on Freedom class then on Navigator/Mariner. Don't exactly know why, maybe they feel the design makes it safer on Freedom class.

There is no way I would share a stateroom or suite with 5 Adults.....Not even closest family or friends....

Get 2 connecting rooms.... The size of the suite you would need to make this remotely thinkable and you would be able to pay for the 2 connecting rooms.

Edited by Deptacon

:eek:

I have had connecting balcony cabins on Mariner, Freedom, Independence as well as Carnival and Disney ships and the connecting door never got in the way of getting out on the balcony. The connecting door was in the middle of the cabins. I guess it just depends on the ship.

Anyway for some of us older folks the "good old days" seem to be gone. I am one of those who grew up in a very small house with one bathroom and 5 people. And we were happy.

Edited by Marie51

We shared a stateroom with two teenagers once....but only once!!!

No private place to dress, once one of us dressed, you had to leave the stateroom....not the best arrangement! ! We got separate accommodations after that, but still remember the smell of teenage boy feet...yukkkk!!!

It's up to the captain as to whether pr not they can be opened so that can vary from sailing to sailing. Once they are opened, you do lose a measure of privacy.

I am throwing the Myth card on this one. This gets said repeatedly, but nobody has ever claimed they heard the Captain say this. I personally don't believe the Captain cares. Some crew members may not want to do it so they blame the captain.