Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

Earlier poster mentioned that there would still be an alternate menu with DD at each restaurant. Does anyone have a link to that? I cannot eat cheese and most fish due to allergies, and most of the menus are very cheese/fish heavy. Thank you!

This announcement just helped me seal the deal on which cruise I will be booking for next Spring Break with my adult daughters. It's going to be the Celebrity Reflection. :)

I had been running numbers yesterday, and realized that the Reflection would be over $1000 less for the 3 of us to stay in a better stateroom than on the Oasis. Plus...my daughters will receive a free beverage package and I will have OBC to buy my own. :D

Still, I was weighing the pros and cons and was going to wait until I saw the Oasis (for the first time) on my cruise this weekend before making the final decision. :rolleyes:

My daughters and I enjoy a routine when we cruise, and with the least amount of hassle. The MDR set dining times, along with the beautiful atmosphere, is a time honored tradition for us. :) My husband and I have tried the My Time Dining concept and it was not to our liking. We enjoy having the same wait staff.

Edited by Iamthesea

That's really strange, my husband and I both checked independently and it wasn't there!

Next cruise: Oasis of the Seas 12-night Westbound Transatlantic 15.10.2014

It hasn't left the PR feed. Maybe the regular RC feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse this newbie if this is an obvious question--I just booked Oasis in Feb 2015 through RCI (booked last week). We are traveling with a large group who booked earlier than we did and many of them booked 8:30 dining. We were told 8:30 dining was full and had to select My Time Dining. I was told to keep calling RCI back towards final payment date to see if the 8:30 slot opens up.

Does this announcement mean that we are now all going to be switched to Dynamic Dining and there is no use in calling? :confused:

I'm curious what the will put into the 3rd floor of the Oasis class MDR's. Quantum is a 2 floor dining room for the four new restaurants.

I assume the extra floor would end up being the Coastal Kitchen and some of the other new options -- but it will be interesting to see what they do with the space. Perhaps also they'll also find a better use for the Rita's/Seafood Shack space.

i do hope they keep Park 150, but it may be a competitor to Wonderland and swapped out, which is TBD as far as being good or bad.

I'm not really sure how they will accomplish this on OASIS as she wasn't designed with the Dynamic Dining concept in mind.

She has one massive dining on three levels, with a giant atrium in the middle and the same decor throughout. The concept of Dynamic Dining is several small restaurants, each with its own theme, menu, cuisine, and dress code.

How they will turn one massive dining room into multiple restaurants should be interesting. Will they close up the atrium and construct a bulkhead down the center of each level, making the space six different restaurants? I suppose they could but boy that will be expensive and time consuming.

It will be interesting to see how they accomplish it. Frankly I think the Oasis Class mega-dining room is quite beautiful and I would be sad to see it closed in and chopped into smaller sections.

Excuse this newbie if this is an obvious question--I just booked Oasis in Feb 2015 through RCI (booked last week). We are traveling with a large group who booked earlier than we did and many of them booked 8:30 dining. We were told 8:30 dining was full and had to select My Time Dining. I was told to keep calling RCI back towards final payment date to see if the 8:30 slot opens up.

Does this announcement mean that we are now all going to be switched to Dynamic Dining and there is no use in calling? :confused:

No it does not, the PR only says expanding which could mean anything from menu items to one area of the mdr trying something new. I highly doubt the whole dining concept will be changed all at one time. On the lower deck of the mdr there are two overflow rooms which might/could be used.

Does anyone know if this will effect all the dining reservations that have already been made for my sailing this November??

After the HOURS spent getting my party of 10 all ironed out I would HATE to have to go thru it all again with this annoucement!

It's not that I object to the change, but it would have been nice if they didn't let people book dining and entertainment to only have to re-book it under this new Dynamic Dining plan.

If anything, DD on Oasis seems forced (assuming the rumors are true). If they're going to do it, do it right by having actual separate restaurants. The oasis dining room is too open; even if they did divide it up I still think it would look and feel wrong/out of place

Edited by jaredgold33

So there are still some paid/surcharge restaurants even with Dynamic Dining, right? It'll be interesting to see how things on the Oasis change, as I've got to assume at least some of the current specialty restaurants will be repurposed for DD.

And we're sailing in November, so we get to be guinea pigs. ;)

So there are still some paid/surcharge restaurants even with Dynamic Dining, right? It'll be interesting to see how things on the Oasis change, as I've got to assume at least some of the current specialty restaurants will be repurposed for DD.

And we're sailing in November, so we get to be guinea pigs. ;)

Absolutely.

Does anyone know if this will effect all the dining reservations that have already been made for my sailing this November??

Nobody can possibly know because Royal Caribbean didn't announce any details with the "announcement".

The only thing out there right now is the tweet which says "@RoyalCaribbean exec announces Dynamic Dining expands to #OasisoftheSeas during upcoming revitalization."

That's the entirety of the information available right now.

I'm excited for this change - I think. I get tired of the MDR 7 nights (as my teens would say, "first world problems...")

We always do MTD and sign up as soon as we can for times.

Does anyone know - will we be able to reserve the DD restaurants in advance like we did for MTD? I'm the "family travel agent" and always do the reserving because we usually travel in somewhat large packs (14 in our group for dinner on our December cruise).

And I apologize if this is already posted somewhere - I tried to find it but couldn't. Are the menus (or at least part of them) posted anywhere to help us decide which venues we want?

If the DD reservations operates the same as the Quantum, all I have to say is good luck. It took us some 2 months to get the dining times and restaurants and this was with the help of a C&A rep. Still can't make entertainment reservations even though I get e-mails telling me about all of the new and exciting events. I refer you to the Quantum board, and listen to all of the moans & groans.

kemenyg there are no plans to bring the wrist bands to any of the ships yet other than the Quantum....but if there are wrist bands I guess I just say I am allergic to plastic they have to give me the sea pass card, or perhaps they won't make the bands mandatory and allow us to choose what we want...I told my daughter about these wrist bands she said they can't make you wear this item if you don't want to so it has to come off, its wrong to tell you what to put onto your body she is right.

And the Anthem. It's the Quantum class ships that will have the RFID bands and you can opt for a standard sea pass card if you wish.

As for DD, I don't mind the idea of it, I enjoyed it on Epic, but I'm not totally enamoured with having the same menu for up to 14 nights. Even if I eat across 3 restaurants, that's effectively the same menu for 4 or 5 nights, not an enticing idea :(

Maybe the press release was suppose to say Oasis Class 3 and someone tweeted the wrong information, which is why it was removed.

Seems like the Oasis is being rebuilt with all the rumored changes. It doesn't seem possible to complete all the changes during a two week dry dock.

Either way RC should let post dry dock cruisers know before final payment. It doesn't seem fair to market a cruise one way and then make significant changes so that the delivered product is not at all what was marketed and purchased. DD is a deal breaker for some and a determining factor in the ship chosen.

If DD is true, will RC refund you in full if you decide to cancel because of DD?? I know they can alter the itinerary at will but a dining concept seems a little different.

New tweet from main Royal Caribbean Twitter account:

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean 8m

@internetwhiz We'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the upcoming changes. Guests on the 10/14 sailing will not be affected.

Doesn't sound like major physical changes are being made to the dining room if the post-drydock transatlantic will be business as usual.

Yorkvillian- Your truly are a villain your name fits!! hahahaha hehehehe hahaha

Its easy to convert a large room into smaller rooms, you just need to put up a wall in between and divide the two rooms, all the levels of the MDR front and rear have doors to enter/exit so its easy to do.

Edited by lyndamr