FOS Diamond Lounge Coffee Machine Broke

oursbrun

On iots they had a regular coffee machine set up besides the special one. I always got the regular and the wife used the special one. I am sure they can set up a regular brewing machine, they have a ton of them onboard

Was this the Diamond lounge machine or Concierge lounge? (or both? :eek:)

Diamond Lounge machine is broken. Concierge one is working fine. Bertie will give Diamond pax a card to get specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade. D+ and PC can go to Concierge Lounge.

It's a $3000 part for a $10,000 machine that is broken and the part can no longer be found. They intend to replace the machine but don't know when.

Diamond Lounge machine is broken. Concierge one is working fine. Bertie will give Diamond pax a card to get specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade. D+ and PC can go to Concierge Lounge.

It's a $3000 part for a $10,000 machine that is broken and the part can no longer be found. They intend to replace the machine but don't know when.

Thanks! We're in a suite this trip so will hope to use the concierge lounge machine.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy to report from Freedom that the Diamond Lounge macine is up and running.

I don't believe it, will have to wait until this weekend to see for myself. The last three Freedom trips, it's been broke.....:)

I don't believe it, will have to wait until this weekend to see for myself. The last three Freedom trips, it's been broke.....:)

Well I'm not sure why I'd be inspired to lie about it but whatever.:rolleyes:

Hopefully we don't wear it out by this weekend. I'm enjoying it several times a day.

Well I'm not sure why I'd be inspired to lie about it but whatever.:rolleyes:

Hopefully we don't wear it out by this weekend. I'm enjoying it several times a day.

We were on her the week of the October 5th and it was up and down all week. We saw them working on it at least twice that week. Here's to hoping they finally got it fixed. ;)

Hello,

I'd like to say a few words in support of the poor abused coffee machines (on board Independence and Adventure).

They are made by WMF - a German kitchenware and tableware company famous in Germany (their take, not mine).

They stop working (quite correctly) for a number of reasons and not because they have 'gone wrong'. These reasons are: Full Grounds Tray; Cleaning needed; No beans; and Descale needed.

The problems with the poor little machines on board are chiefly those inflicted by RCI: It (the Presto!) is under-spec as it's rated at only 40 - 60 cups per day; It (the brewing unit) is usually cleaned under the tap and rarely by using the cleaning tablet; It is nearly always filled with full-fat milk whereas the spec calls for the use of semi-skimmed milk.

I rarely go to the shows as I get al my enjoyment watching people using the coffee machine. There have been times when it has been opened-up with all its bits hanging out, a big sign on it saying Cleaning in Progress only for some old dear to put a cup under the spout, punch a button and look round for help saying "It's not working". My advice to RCI is to remove the thing and allow D and upwards free access to the specialty coffee in the cafe.

Regards,

Cublet

On a recent Grandeur to Canada trip the diamond lounge coffee machine was "down" more than it worked. Jorge spent most of his time trying to reset it.

The message warning said "to read the manual". He had know idea where the manual was. :cool: