Captains Club Zenith numbers?

djh

It certainly makes sense to reward your customers who spend the most money; however, if suite passengers eventually will be the only ones who can attain that status, the perks may not mean that much to them if their suite includes those perks anyways.

I think this is just a stage in the programme, it will change again when there are too many Zeniths (however many that may mean?) and they need to tweak the perks as to encourage further business.:D

I think this is just a stage in the programme, it will change again when there are too many Zeniths (however many that may mean?) and they need to tweak the perks as to encourage further business.:D

I think it will be a very long time before there are too many Zenith Members. They may tweak the benefits in the future, but I think that is a way off.

I think it will be a very long time before there are too many Zenith Members. They may tweak the benefits in the future, but I think that is a way off.

Zenith benefits are most appreciated by most if not all on that level. Think they are better than I ever expected. Never heard anyone say that they want more. I'll be more than pleased to take a 7 day cruise in a 1A for just taxes and fees any time it's offered.

Zenith benefits are most appreciated by most if not all on that level. Think they are better than I ever expected. Never heard anyone say that they want more. I'll be more than pleased to take a 7 day cruise in a 1A for just taxes and fees any time it's offered.

I agree with you 100%. We can't wait until we reach the level. My response was an answer to the post I quoted, not a negative comment on the benefits given to Zenith members

I agree with you 100%. We can't wait until we reach the level. My response was an answer to the post I quoted, not a negative comment on the benefits given to Zenith members

Reward (loyalty) programmes are constantly tweaked in order to accommodate the changes in customer habits and wants as well as the bottom line.

Reward (loyalty) programmes are constantly tweaked in order to accommodate the changes in customer habits and wants as well as the bottom line.

I totally agree. Hotels have become very competitive, their benefits have gotten better as they've tried to earn loyalty. For example, Marriot has dropped the points needed for lifetime platinum and gold. As airline's have consolidated and become less competitve theyve devalued miles, made earning harder, removed perks and take s away benefits.

So far Celebrity has done well, but only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I totally agree. Hotels have become very competitive, their benefits have gotten better as they've tried to earn loyalty. For example, Marriot has dropped the points needed for lifetime platinum and gold. As airline's have consolidated and become less competitve theyve devalued miles, made earning harder, removed perks and take s away benefits.

So far Celebrity has done well, but only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Seeing as X has just completed a revamp of the program, I wouldn't envisage any changes for at least another 4 years but as you say, time will tell.:D

Fully agree, Zenith numbers will be very manageable. No need to tweak the program because of numbers.

Seeing as X has just completed a revamp of the program, I wouldn't envisage any changes for at least another 4 years but as you say, time will tell.:D

They've already made a couple of changes since the revamp.

Changes will occur, but Zenith numbers won't be the issue.

But it won't.

Totally agree Oville. When there were only the 3 Captains Club levels - virtually everyone knew that Elite would get to massive numbers, and become a logistical nightmare. As there are now 5 levels, and with Zenith being incredibly hard to reach, I simply can't see the Zenith level getting to what Celebrity dealt with Elites... for many many years to come, if ever. Unless of course, they ever ease up on the Zenith requirements (unlikely), or add new ways to attain points - which has already happened with bonus point offers. I expect to see a lot more of that, especially if the economy goes south or stagnant.... which I think is a real possibility.

As I've stated on many occasions, the Zenith benefits are the Gold standard of loyalty programs and Celebrity hit a huge home run with it. While the Zenith benefits are outstanding, I'm sure they will always look to tweak the program, and make it even better - if that's possible :)

Edited by Host Andy

Totally agree Oville. When there were only the 3 Captains Club levels - virtually everyone knew that Elite would get to massive numbers, and become a logistical nightmare. As there are now 5 levels, and with Zenith being incredibly hard to reach, I simply can't see the Zenith level getting to what Celebrity dealt with Elites... for many many years to come, if ever. Unless of course, they ever ease up on the Zenith requirements (unlikely), or add new ways to attain points - which has already happened with bonus point offers. I expect to see a lot more of that, especially if the economy goes south or stagnant.... which I think is a real possibility.

As I've stated on many occasions, the Zenith benefits are the Gold standard of loyalty programs and Celebrity hit a huge home run with it. While the Zenith benefits are outstanding, I'm sure they will always look to tweak the program, and make it even better - if that's possible :)

Great post Andy and even with the occasional bonus points, Zenith remains "incredibly hard to reach".

Hope you and your family are doing well.

I agree that it will take a long time but X also has to maintain the happiness of it's customers or they will go to rival cruise lines. This is why I said that the programme would most likely be tweaked to maintain customer interest in the product.:D

At 3000 points you receive a 7 day cruise in a veranda cabin. I will be in a 1A for a cruise in January and paid $187 in port charges and taxes for DW and I. If we wanted a Sky Suite we would be responsible for the difference between the 1A price and the Suite price. If we decided to take a ten day cruise we'd pay the per day price for the 3 additional days. You also receive any perks that are in place at the time of booking. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification. This would certainly mean that we would consider taking up this perk should we be able to cruise long enough to reach Zenith, looking it as a discount on a cruise we would have gone on anyway.

Until it becomes like Elite.:rolleyes:

As said above, that isn't going to happen. :rolleyes:

Many have pointed out how much harder it is to get to Zenith than Elite. Given the number of points required, and extremely limited number of cabins awarding large numbers of points, it's a mathematical impossibility.

They've already made a couple of changes since the revamp.

Changes will occur, but Zenith numbers won't be the issue.

Until it becomes like Elite.:rolleyes:
That's not likely to happen as long as they continue to avoid reciprocity with RCI at the higher levels.

The Elite overcrowding was caused by granting Elite reciprocity to RCI's Diamond and Diamond + members, resulting in RCI passengers coming over to Celebrity at the Elite level and overwhelming the facilities for Elite functions.

On some Celebrity cruises they even had more Elites who came from RCI as Diamond and Diamond + than those who were Elite from sailing Celebrity.

That was why they decided not to extend the reciprocity any further beyond what already existed when the Elite + and Zenith levels were introduced last year.

As there are now 5 levels, and with Zenith being incredibly hard to reach, I simply can't see the Zenith level getting to what Celebrity dealt with Elites... for many many years to come, if ever. Unless of course, they ever ease up on the Zenith requirements (unlikely), or add new ways to attain points - which has already happened with bonus point offers. I expect to see a lot more of that,

I agree that booking promo bonus points will be a new arrow in X's marketing quiver like airline double miles. As far as the Zenith being "a bridge too far", I think I saw on RCL board that they have added some halfway milestone recognition towards Pinnacle, so maybe that will evolve too. (Please quell the animal spirits to build a thread proposing new halfway to Zenith labels - someone already coined 'Zen');)

These loyalty programs have developed a lot of moving parts but way better than Henry Ford's Model T "You can have any color you want, as long as it is black". HAPPY CRUISING

I think I'd rather go on 2 or 3 every year in a balcony for 20 years and never get there! For what? A few trinkets or after spending hundreds of thousands they give you a single cruise? Whoopee! I just enjoy every day I am not a ship. I make my own perks! Next month will be #68 and the only person who cares is me!

Happy cruising everyone!

Exactly.

If I ever reach it it will only mean that I will be very old. I don't plan on spending a lot of money for a Penthouse suite to gain a few extra points. I will probably continue to sail in a balcony cabin a few times a year even though I can afford more. I also enjoy every day off the ship and those extra perks are nice but with the money saved I can purchase all that I want.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That's not likely to happen as long as they continue to avoid reciprocity with RCI at the higher levels.

The Elite overcrowding was caused by granting Elite reciprocity to RCI's Diamond and Diamond + members, resulting in RCI passengers coming over to Celebrity at the Elite level and overwhelming the facilities for Elite functions.

On some Celebrity cruises they even had more Elites who came from RCI as Diamond and Diamond + than those who were Elite from sailing Celebrity.

That was why they decided not to extend the reciprocity any further beyond what already existed when the Elite + and Zenith levels were introduced last year.

I disagree with you on this. The biggest reason was how easy it was to become Elite. You only needed 5 short cruises in a CC cabin to reach the status. Also reciprocity was around many years before the Elite perks were improved. Although mine weren't short cruises, it took me 13 months to earn 10 points on Celebrity, way to easy.

Edited by Oville

I think I saw on RCL board that they have added some halfway milestone recognition towards Pinnacle, so maybe that will evolve too.

I don't think this is true unless you are talking about the milestones where you earn a glass block and another bottle of wine. These milestones are not new.

Like Celebrity's Elite+ Royal has Diamond+ but there is no other level between D+ and Pinnacle.

I disagree with you on this. The biggest reason was how easy it was to become Elite. You only needed 5 short cruises in a CC cabin to reach the status. Also reciprocity was around many years before the Elite perks were improved. Although mine weren't short cruises, it took me 13 months to earn 10 points on Celebrity, way to easy.

Wow,I suppose it was all about timing then.