Oasis dry dock changes

maggieq

It would be on the side of the ship near the aft, but not on the very back of the ship.

Go here and look up your cabin # or where D7's are

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=OA

I looked it up I just don't see a very good picture. But thats ok. Thank You for your help.

I looked it up I just don't see a very good picture. But thats ok. Thank You for your help.

If you want to see pictures, Google your cabin # or Google cat D cabins on oasis or allure. All D cat cabins are the same size and look alike. 1's have a slightly bigger balcony. Also you can use YouTube to look this up to see a video

Here is a D7 I found on YouTube

Edited by setsail

Or maybe they will make the pinnacle lounge into the DL and ditch the whole DL in a downstairs location idea. Downstairs in "entertainment" place the area can get pretty crowded. It might not be the greatest place for a loyalty lounge. It all remains to be seen.

Gina

That would be nice. Take advantage of the views.

I've been reading some conflicting info on some of the changes that are occurring and some have been attributed to people who should be "in the know". I do know Royal changes its plans and sometimes plans may be changed for them by availability of things they have planned. Keep watching reviews till then. (Easy for me to say, I don't plan on going on Oasis till 2016, so I have a lot of time to watch and stay current.

I've been reading some conflicting info on some of the changes that are occurring and some have been attributed to people who should be "in the know". I do know Royal changes its plans and sometimes plans may be changed for them by availability of things they have planned. Keep watching reviews till then. (Easy for me to say, I don't plan on going on Oasis till 2016, so I have a lot of time to watch and stay current.

This is all true, they change things at the drop of a hat.

Someone "in the know" ;) this past week said that Momma Mia is going off of Quantum right on to Allure while she is in dry dock. That was the first I heard this news but I admit to not reading too much of what's on CC lately. They said the last thing the Chinese want to see is Momma Mia.

Gina

Someone "in the know" ;) this past week said that Momma Mia is going off of Quantum right on to Allure while she is in dry dock. That was the first I heard this news but I admit to not reading too much of what's on CC lately. They said the last thing the Chinese want to see is Momma Mia.

Gina

Well that's one rumour that I hope is true.

Don't understand about the Chinese not wanting to see Mama Mia. There was talk on the quantum board when it was first announced and people posted that Mama Mia was actually having a very successful run over in China.

Or maybe they will make the pinnacle lounge into the DL and ditch the whole DL in a downstairs location idea. Downstairs in "entertainment" place the area can get pretty crowded. It might not be the greatest place for a loyalty lounge. It all remains to be seen.

Gina

That would be smart. The Pinnacle Lounge uses the "back bar" for the Viking Crown….at least it did when we used the Pinnacle Lounge on the Allure during CL overcrowding.

I wonder why?:confused:

Maybe ABBA just isn't their thing. I was told it will be "a whole new ship" before it arrives in China. Bars will be removed since they aren't big drinkers either. It will be costly but the pay off will be much greater.

Or maybe this "in the know" (LOL) person likes to see how far bad news can travel. ;) But I sort of don't think this is the case since we all know how much the Chinese like to gamble, shop, and not drink.

Gina

Gina

I can believe that. After 33 years, I always trust what someone named Gina says.

Gina

I cant talk about any additional changes yet, but you are correct that Momma Mia will leave Quantum before it arrives in China.

I cant talk about any additional changes yet, but you are correct that Momma Mia will leave Quantum before it arrives in China.

At last someone who knows what's really happening. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

With it being October 7th and the ship leaving drydock in 7 days there is ZERO REASON that Royal should be keeping passengers in the dark regarding changes that will be made to the ship. I understand that not everything will be done by the transatlantic crossing, but at this point they know what the final product will be and they should send out a press release. Sadly I doubt they will.

RCCL's increasing penchant for secretiveness has really turned me off to their product and I am now looking mostly at Princess and HAL (and sometimes even Carnival) for upcoming cruises.

I agree. This is our 34th cruise, and it will be the last one with RCL. We booked four cabins for a family reunion. One week after we booked, my sister decided to come along too. We tried to get her into our cabin, but RCL asked for three times the price that we each paid. Hmmm. So we tried to get her a cabin for two, paying a single supplement, but that ended up more than three times the per person price. i could not believe my ears when the RCI agent told us they would rather not sell the cabin than selling it to a single.

I agree. This is our 34th cruise, and it will be the last one with RCL. We booked four cabins for a family reunion. One week after we booked, my sister decided to come along too. We tried to get her into our cabin, but RCL asked for three times the price that we each paid. Hmmm. So we tried to get her a cabin for two, paying a single supplement, but that ended up more than three times the per person price. i could not believe my ears when the RCI agent told us they would rather not sell the cabin than selling it to a single.

Book the cabin for two then cancel

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app