It's official Mama Mia coming to Allure

Really had no plans to go back on Allure only b/c we are not crazy about the itins. Way to many sea days. But with Mamma Mia being the show, we may rethink that! Love that play. Plus we loved Allure as a ship - I actually like Allure better than Oasis. So might decide to go back on her in Nov 2016 with my sis/bil. I think if we go with someone, hubby won't get so tired of the 3 sea days.

So now 2 ships will have the same Broadway Show? :confused:

Not necessarily, as the entertainment features may change when the Quantum goes to Asia. Mamma Mia won't start on Allure until after the Quantum leaves. Any information as to what Broadway show may be featured on Anthem? Can't be long before they have to begin casting whatever show will be on that ship. If it hasn't been announced, let the speculation begin.:)

yay! going on the Allure in 2016, look forward to seeing the new show! With so many repeat cruisers you would think maybe they would change up the shows every 2 to 3 years.

My understanding is that the cost of mounting these productions is so high that they need to keep the same shows for approximately five years for it to be cost-effective. Even with many repeat cruisers, there are still usually many more newbies (to cruising or to a particular ship) that repetition is not a serious concern. After all the largest ships pretty much do the same itineraries year in and year out and still manage to sail full or nearly full week after week and if passengers repeatedly book those ships despite the sameness of the itineraries, featuring the same show is probably not a high concern.

Not necessarily, as the entertainment features may change when the Quantum goes to Asia. Mamma Mia won't start on Allure until after the Quantum leaves. Any information as to what Broadway show may be featured on Anthem? Can't be long before they have to begin casting whatever show will be on that ship. If it hasn't been announced, let the speculation begin.:)

Anthem's Broadway Show has been announced as going to be - We Will Rock You :D

We Will Rock You (often abbreviated as WWRY) was a musical based on the songs of Queen with a book by Ben Elton. The musical tells the story of a group of Bohemians who struggle to restore the free exchange of thought, fashion, and live music in a distant future where everyone dresses, thinks and does the same. Musical instruments and composers are forbidden, and rock music is all but unknown.

Directed by Christopher Renshaw and choreographed by Arlene Phillips, the original West End production opened at the Dominion Theatre on 14 May 2002, with Tony Vincent, Hannah Jane Fox, Sharon D. Clarke and Kerry Ellis in principal roles. Although the musical was at first panned by critics, it has become an audience favourite, becoming the longest-running musical at the Dominion Theatre, celebrating its tenth anniversary on 14 May 2012.[1][2] The London production closed on 31 May 2014 after a final performance in which Brian May and Roger Taylor both performed.[3]

A number of international productions have since followed the original, and We Will Rock You has been seen in five of the world's continents. Many productions are still active globally.

Just saw this on the updated descriptions of the ships on Allure.

Mama Mia is coming after dry dock.

DD starts in May.

Reservations for DD start Jan 1.

Allure also to get Sabor.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=AL&br=R

Sorry didn't see the other thread on page 2 from the early hours of this morning.

I thought it was on the Quantum? So when we go on the Quantum we will see Mama Mia and then again a few months later on the Allure? Saw Chicago twice on the Allure, enjoyed it- but after two times enough. That is a problem with these expensive production shows- they run them for years and it isn't great for guests who repeat the cruise.

I thought it was on the Quantum? So when we go on the Quantum we will see Mama Mia and then again a few months later on the Allure? Saw Chicago twice on the Allure, enjoyed it- but after two times enough. That is a problem with these expensive production shows- they run them for years and it isn't great for guests who repeat the cruise.

Mama Mia is on Quantum when she debuts this fall. They are adding it to the Allure when she goes into dry dock in Cadiz Spain in May. Coincidentally Quantum does her TA from Bayonne to Barcelona Spain from May 2 to May 12.

It appears that Mama Mia is being moved from Quantum to Allure but there is a possibility that they could have Mama Mia playing on both ships as they are serving 2 unique markets.

I asked Royal Caribbean that yesterday on Twitter and received this reply

"For now, the entertainment on Quantum will remain the same"

A non committal response.

All that we know is from now until May Mama Mia will be on Quantum and starting in May Mama Mia will be on Allure.

Mama Mia is on Quantum when she debuts this fall. They are adding it to the Allure when she goes into dry dock in Cadiz Spain in May. Coincidentally Quantum does her TA from Bayonne to Barcelona Spain from May 2 to May 12.

It appears that Mama Mia is being moved from Quantum to Allure but there is a possibility that they could have Mama Mia playing on both ships as they are serving 2 unique markets.

I asked Royal Caribbean that yesterday on Twitter and received this reply

"For now, the entertainment on Quantum will remain the same"

A non committal response.

All that we know is from now until May Mama Mia will be on Quantum and starting in May Mama Mia will be on Allure.

With my luck, they will then move Mama Mia to the Anthem for our next scheduled RC cruise!

We will be on the Quantum in March 2015- any Bway show? We will be on the Allure (again) Dec 2015. So based on what you are saying, we will only see Mama Mia on the Allure once, unless we sail on her again. Now I am confused as the Quantum advertises Mama Mia and states nothing about May.

Edited by Cruise a holic

With my luck, they will then move Mama Mia to the Anthem for our next scheduled RC cruise!

We will be on the Quantum in March 2015- any Bway show? We will be on the Allure (again) Dec 2015. So based on what you are saying, we will only see Mama Mia on the Allure once, unless we sail on her again. Now I am confused as the Quantum advertises Mama Mia and states nothing about May.

You will have Mama Mia on Quantum in March of 2015

You will have Mama Mia on Allure in December of 2015

Anthem will have the show "We Will Rock You"

Just saw this on the updated descriptions of the ships on Allure.

Mama Mia is coming after dry dock.

DD starts in May.

Reservations for DD start Jan 1.

Allure also to get Sabor.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=AL&br=R

Sorry didn't see the other thread on page 2 from the early hours of this morning.

Good News! :cool:

We would love to see Mamma Mia on the Allure, but will be sailing her a couple of months before her drydock, so I guess Chicago it is for us. Hopefully, Chicago will be a pleasant surprise, but we we know the family love Mamma Mia.

I am surprised that RCCL has updated the changes to the Allure already, but not for the Freedom as of yet. I wonder if they did this because many of the changes being done to the Oasis will be similar to the ones on the Allure (goodbye secret balconies I am assuming).

We will be doing a post drydock cruise on the Freedom, so I am interested in seeing what changes are in store for us from its January 2015 dry dock (Hairspray?, dynamic dining? changing the crypt? - all just rumours thus far).

We would love to see Mamma Mia on the Allure, but will be sailing her a couple of months before her drydock, so I guess Chicago it is for us. Hopefully, Chicago will be a pleasant surprise, but we we know the family love Mamma Mia.

I am surprised that RCCL has updated the changes to the Allure already, but not for the Freedom as of yet. I wonder if they did this because many of the changes being done to the Oasis will be similar to the ones on the Allure (goodbye secret balconies I am assuming).

We will be doing a post drydock cruise on the Freedom, so I am interested in seeing what changes are in store for us from its January 2015 dry dock (Hairspray?, dynamic dining? changing the crypt? - all just rumours thus far).

Royal has publicly announced that Freedom will not get DD during her dry dock.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My understanding is that the cost of mounting these productions is so high that they need to keep the same shows for approximately five years for it to be cost-effective. Even with many repeat cruisers, there are still usually many more newbies (to cruising or to a particular ship) that repetition is not a serious concern. After all the largest ships pretty much do the same itineraries year in and year out and still manage to sail full or nearly full week after week and if passengers repeatedly book those ships despite the sameness of the itineraries, featuring the same show is probably not a high concern.

This is what I had heard previously as well when sailing on Oasis ... the Broadway productions are on 5-year contracts because of their expense to produce, stage, and perform.

I would imagine that it would be hard to find good candidates to include ... they need to be short enough to not take an entire evening (or able to easily made shorter), need to have nothing worse than PG-13 content, need to have some sort of name recognition (if it is meant to draw people), and need to be affordable enough to stage.

I really do like the idea of full plays rather than smash-up shows even if Hairspray and Saturday Night Fever were nowhere near my favorite pieces. I loved Chicago on Allure and, even if it were not my cup of tea, would prefer it to the generic Broadway show where the actors trot around in changing costumes singing a few bars of everything while climbing the one staircase on wheels that keeps getting brought out.