Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

I've updated the Q&A spreadsheet. I believe I caught them all, but please take a quick look and let me know if I missed any questions from anyone.

@Berbet - I believe we're scheduled to leave around 5pm, which will be noon EST.

Thanks!

Joanna

Thank you so much Joanna and have amazing cruise! If you can, please take pictures from the gym and tell us what kind of fitness schedule they have. :)

Bon Voyage! Anxiously awaiting your report and pictures! Safe travels bringing her safely to my home state! Going to do my best to wake up to welcome you all under the Verazanno! I know it will be a spectacular sight and you all are going to have a fabulous cruise. I can't wait for my turn next!!! :cool::D

Seems (according to press travellers) that the WOW bands are left in your cabin and don't come with a fee. It would be good to know if this is true cause even the Royal website says it has a "nominal fee"

Hmmm, that sofa doesn't look very comfortable, but the proof is testing it.

~snip~

I was very disappointed to see those sofas. Some Celebrity ships have them (Eclipse for sure) and I didn't care for them at all. They are pleather, hot, and sticky.

Hi everyone - first report. Let me caveat, I love Royal and am ridiculously positive, enough to be accused being a cheerleader (read my reviews), so for me to say something negative, is very rare.

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We're finally on board (after about 45 minutes), enjoying a beer at the Pool Bar. The ship is beautiful. Pictures to come when I get on the wifi.

We weren't able to get into our cabin (Superior Grand Suite on Deck 8), so we used our Set Sail Pass to purchase beers.

I've updated the Q&A spreadsheet. I believe I caught them all, but please take a quick look and let me know if I missed any questions from anyone.

@Berbet - I believe we're scheduled to leave around 5pm, which will be noon EST.

Thanks!

Joanna

Checked out your spreadsheet. Admire your organizational skills. :). I participated in the CC live chat with Adam Goldstein. He said the experience on the North Star lasted for 15 minutes and that we should be able to reserve time on the Cruise Planner. However, it is not an option in CP yet for me (sailing Jan 3). Thanks again for this thread and have a great time!

Edited by JCity156

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We weren't able to get into our cabin (Superior Grand Suite on Deck 8), so we used our Set Sail Pass to purchase beers.

Well I doubt the non-Royal staff at Cape Liberty are trained on the new process. Plus a totally new facility.

Glad to know you can still get that first welcome aboard drink with your setsail pass. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone - first report. Let me caveat, I love Royal and am ridiculously positive, enough to be accused being a cheerleader (read my reviews), so for me to say something negative, is very rare.

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion and an EPIC FAIL. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We're finally on board (after about 45 minutes), enjoying a beer at the Pool Bar. The ship is beautiful.

I was just able to sign up for wifi from my laptop (the create account option didn't come up from my iPhone), and attached are the screens that I saw with the pricing. The discount is my Diamond discount.

screenshot1.jpg.c256d09ab80a0a6bd454a972c2a756c8.jpg

screenshot2.jpg.fc25d1b91233c831692d322e6a801d05.jpg

screenshot3.jpg.15974ef5a4f78e6d4f6d94d2f1d2bfcc.jpg

That checkin was terrible - utter confusion and an EPIC FAIL. I can only hope it's because the staff (non-Royal) at Southampton haven't been properly trained because this is a one time thing (until Anthem arrives).

We're finally on board (after about 45 minutes), enjoying a beer at the Pool Bar. The ship is beautiful.

I was just able to sign up for wifi from my laptop (the create account option didn't come up from my iPhone), and attached are the screens that I saw with the pricing. The discount is my Diamond discount.

Where you able to setup the Royaliq app on the ship?

Really sorry to hear the check-in was so poor. That was supposed to be one of the huge gains, but personally, we couldn't see how it was 7 minutes from curb to cabin if we had to go through security.

Why couldn't you get into your cabin? Was this because it wasn't ready or another glitch?

Thanks!

Joanna

I was hoping you could add one more to the ever growing list. We are in a Family JS and I have not seen any photos yet. Have a wonderful cruise ☺️☺️

I was very disappointed to see those sofas. Some Celebrity ships have them (Eclipse for sure) and I didn't care for them at all. They are pleather, hot, and sticky.

Sometimes, I think the cabins are designed to be uncomfortable, so we'll be out spending money. We had a GS on the Grandeur, and the furniture was horrible. The sofa was o.k., but we couldn't watch the TV from the sofa, and the side chairs had no lower back support. In fact, I'd say it was worse than the furniture in the JS we've stayed in on the Vision Class. We want a nice stateroom, because we spend most of our time there looking our our PRIVATE balcony.

Where you able to setup the Royaliq app on the ship?

Yes, although we have a stowaway in our cabin. Someone we don't recognize is attached to our reservation! :)

It seems to be working well; I'll continue to report on it.