Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

One more comment or observation I had by looking at some of the pool deck areas.....does anyone else feel that there is limited seating? Now I know this ship will be sailing from NJ where it starts off cooler but by the time it hits warmer weather could this be an issue? I have to say I haven't seen any pictures of the Solarium so maybe that area is bigger. :confused:

Really sorry to hear the check-in was so poor. That was supposed to be one of the huge gains, but personally, we couldn't see how it was 7 minutes from curb to cabin if we had to go through security.

Why couldn't you get into your cabin? Was this because it wasn't ready or another glitch?

Thanks! We didn't push to hard to figure it out; the large doors that lead to the hallway were closed (similar to other Royal ships when the rooms aren't ready). I doubt it was another glitch. Another passenger reported that the rooms will be ready from 12:30-1, so we were about 30 minutes before that. I'll head done in a few minutes to check it out.

One more comment or observation I had by looking at some of the pool deck areas.....does anyone else feel that there is limited seating? Now I know this ship will be sailing from NJ where it starts off cooler but by the time it hits warmer weather could this be an issue? I have to say I haven't seen any pictures of the Solarium so maybe that area is bigger. :confused:

Don't forget about the second covered pool where the glass panel covers can retract. This is in addition to the solarium.

Writing this from Michaels pub. The ship is awesome and beautiful and just amazing.

Only negatives so far check in awful. And adventure ocean has a really over powering smell of paint and chemicals not sure I am going to be happy leaving little one in there

Question - does the $150 behind the scenes tour include entertainment areas? A C&A Diamond and up member benefit is an Entertainment tour, what areas will it include on QOS if it is available at all? If entertainment tour is available, will you receive an invite from RCI in your cabin?

Question - does the $150 behind the scenes tour include entertainment areas? A C&A Diamond and up member benefit is an Entertainment tour, what areas will it include on QOS if it is available at all? If entertainment tour is available, will you receive an invite from RCI in your cabin?

The All-Access tour normally includes a theater tour.

Regarding the complimentary tours given to D and above, you are normally notified via a card left in your stateroom about the availability of tours. However, sometimes we don't get the card, so you may want to ask the Loyalty Ambassador about the tours.

Edited by clarea

Cell data service is spotty - 3G goes in and out. Here are a few pictures (more to come when I drop off bags in the cabin and venture out with my camera).

We'll use this thread as our live report, and I've also created a Shutterfly share site to collect/organize all the pictures.

Here's a link to the Pool Bar album - https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/restaurants/40

We'll continue to upload photos :)

ry%3D400

Cell data service is spotty - 3G goes in and out. Here are a few pictures (more to come when I drop off bags in the cabin and venture out with my camera).

We'll use this thread as our live report, and I've also created a Shutterfly share site to collect/organize all the pictures.

Here's a link to the Pool Bar album - https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/restaurants/40

ry%3D400

I just noticed on some of the photos, why is the pool closed?

Cell data service is spotty - 3G goes in and out.

Thats just the UK Mobile Network for you, I got better signal in the middle of ocean off the coast of Italy (not Cell@Sea) than I do in my own home in the centre of a town.

Joanna, I will be writing my own personal review during/after the inaugural voyage for a fb group and may post on CC too. While I will take thousands of pictures myself I would prefer not to embed a lot into my review. Would you be ok with me providing the link to the Q Launchers Shutterfly photo album in my review so people can go there to see the photos? Obviously you will have photos unique to the maiden voyage (masquerade dinner etc.).

Joanna, I will be writing my own personal review during/after the inaugural voyage for a fb group and may post on CC too. While I will take thousands of pictures myself I would prefer not to embed a lot into my review. Would you be ok with me providing the link to the Q Launchers Shutterfly photo album in my review so people can go there to see the photos? Obviously you will have photos unique to the maiden voyage (masquerade dinner etc.).

Sure thing - just request to be added as a member to the Shutterfly site, and I'll approve it. :)

I really think we should give these fine folks a little time to get organized.

Absolutely! Long check in, staterooms not ready, no sea pass cards yet. They had not planned to have their carry on belongings attached to themselves at this point. They have several days to sort everything out and supply those pics!