Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

[quote name='JMG']There was a video on USA today of the bionic bartender at work. Scroll down to the bionic bar clip and watch...this does not show ordering the drink...

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/10/31/royal-caribbean-cruise-quantum/18051177/[/url][/QUOTE]

Is it me or did the robot spill some of the drink while pouring it into the glass?

The Superior Grand Suite on the Quantum - something that has been yet to be described. As I sit here, how can I describe it to those (like me) that would love to know the layout? I've added over 50 pictures to this [URL="https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/cabins/7"]album[/URL].

As I sit here waiting to be called for muster, here's my best shot:
1. The layout is very different that Grand Suites on other ships. It also different that an Owner's Suite on the Explorer (which is almost what I was thinking).
2. When you walk in the door, it feels very deep because you can't see what's behind the wall separating the living area from the bedroom area, and you see the huge balcony with the porthole on the side.
3. It is a true wrap around in that you have the full width of the cabin and the full side. Although there is this weird partition that you need to open/step through to get to the side part.
4. There are two loungers and a dining table with two chairs on the "main" balcony. There is a small table on the "side" balcony.
5. I love the two entrances to the bathroom. I went in the one by the living room, exited the one by the bedroom, and my DH asked, "how did you get over there?"
6. The bathroom is huge - love how the double sinks are separated.
7. The bedroom is really comfortable with floor to ceiling windows.
8. The living area is quaint and comfortable.
9. Plenty of storage; two closets, lots of drawer space, two TVs.
10. USB and regular outlets.
11. Desk area, bar area, vanity and two nightstands.
12. Love the colors, decor and furnishings; there's even a living plant!
13. There is a curtain that can separate the bedroom from the living area (seems more private than other Grand Suites we've been in).
14. Lots of light; although the windows could have been configured a little different (like a Grand Suite on Vision Class, which is still my favorite).

Let me know if you have any questions; it is a pleasant change from Grand Suites on other ships.

Joanna

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf23b3127ccef7d11b91bf2100000030O38Acsm7Zy3aMge3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00002479672920141102163049358.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

[quote name='jv_nyc']The Superior Grand Suite on the Quantum - something that has been yet to be described. As I sit here, how can I describe it to those (like me) that would love to know the layout? I've added over 50 pictures to this [URL="https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/cabins/7"]album[/URL].

1. The layout is very different that Grand Suites on other ships. It also different that an Owner's Suite on the Explorer (which is almost what I was thinking).
2. When you walk in the door, it feels very deep because you can't see what's behind the wall separating the living area from the bedroom area, and you see the huge balcony with the porthole on the side.
3. It is a true wrap around in that you have the full width of the cabin and the full side. Although there is this weird partition that you need to open/step through to get to the side part.
4. There are two loungers and a dining table with two chairs on the "main" balcony. There is a small table on the "side" balcony.
5. I love the two entrances to the bathroom. I went in the one by the living room, exited the one by the bedroom, and my DH asked, "how did you get over there?"
13. There is a curtain that can separate the bedroom from the living area (seems more private than other Grand Suites we've been in).
14. Lots of light; although the windows could have been configured a little different (like a Grand Suite on Vision Class, which is still my favorite).

Let me know if you have any questions; it is a pleasant change from Grand Suites on other ships.

Joanna

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf23b3127ccef7d11b91bf2100000030O38Acsm7Zy3aMge3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00002479672920141102163049358.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Great photos Joanna, thanks for taking the time to post, hoping you really enjoy that SGS.
Is there a bar area like on typical GS and what are the amount of power outlets.
Thanks
Graham

[quote name='lovetocruiserccl']How do you see the pictures on Shutterfly? Do a need a link or personal invitation to see them?[/QUOTE]

Just use this URL (it's open to the public). (Hopefully CC does not block the URL...)
[url]https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/[/url]

[quote name='jv_nyc']The Superior Grand Suite on the Quantum - something that has been yet to be described. As I sit here, how can I describe it to those (like me) that would love to know the layout? I've added over 50 pictures to this [URL="https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/cabins/7"]album[/URL].

Joanna

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the photos! We're in a GS so was looking forward to these. One question -- are you able to go from the "bedroom" area directly on to the balcony, or does it only open from the sitting area?

Thanks and enjoy!

-Joel

[quote name='lovetocruiserccl']This is so exciting. I wish you all a wonderful safe voyage across the pond. How do you see the pictures on Shutterfly? Do a need a link or personal invitation to see them?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's open to the public, so just click on the link below to view the site and albums. We're slowly building them out!

[URL="http://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com"]quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com[/URL] Edited by jv_nyc

[quote name='CubsFanRS23']Thanks for the photos! We're in a GS so was looking forward to these. One question -- are you able to go from the "bedroom" area directly on to the balcony, or does it only open from the sitting area?

Thanks and enjoy!

-Joel[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The balcony can only be accessed via the door in the sitting area. By the bed is just windows that can't be opened.

[quote name='PompeySailor']Great photos Joanna, thanks for taking the time to post, hoping you really enjoy that SGS.
Is there a bar area like on typical GS and what are the amount of power outlets.
Thanks
Graham[/QUOTE]

There is a tiny bar area (very small compared to other Grand Suites), but perfectly adequate - I've embedded the photo below. Lots of outlets - haven't run out yet and we have many devices…

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf23b3127ccef7d10c217e3200000030O38Acsm7Zy3aMge3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00002479672920141102162544895.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

[quote name='Lionesss']Oh wow, very nice pictures

The bathroom fixtures are the same as in a CL on the Allure.

What GS is this??

Thanks

Keep the pictures coming.

Safe Journey

Sea Ya[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's a Superior Grand Suite - 8634.

[quote name='jv_nyc']Thanks! The balcony can only be accessed via the door in the sitting area. By the bed is just windows that can't be opened.[/QUOTE]

Great pictures - now I can't wait to be sitting on one of those loungers on the balcony.

Pat

[quote name='michaelsop']Have you tried any old random card instead of your sea pass card to see if will work for the master switch?[/QUOTE]

Yes - and it works with our Holiday Inn card. I'd imagine any card would work.

[quote name='jv_nyc']There is a tiny bar area (very small compared to other Grand Suites), but perfectly adequate - I've embedded the photo below. Lots of outlets - haven't run out yet and we have many devices…

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4cf23b3127ccef7d10c217e3200000030O38Acsm7Zy3aMge3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00002479672920141102162544895.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D3/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks Joanna
Appreciated:)

The suite itself looks wonderful - I am a little disappointed with the divider you must open to get to wrap around part of balcony. Can you keep it open all the time so you have a better view from rectangular part of balcony - if you know what I mean???

[quote name='jv_nyc']Thanks! It's open to the public, so just click on the link below to view the site and albums. We're slowly building them out!

[URL="http://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com"]quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com[/URL][/QUOTE]

Great pictures! Thanks for posting!

You say that there are two chairs at the dining table on the balcony. We will have three in our SGS. Will we be able to ask for a third chair?

Eileen