Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

I really think we should give these fine folks a little time to get organized.

Yes of course......I was just having a little fun.....it is amazing that they are doing all of this on their own time! Much appreciated :)

Hi,

Hope you all have a great time. Can I ask a question. We recently travelled on the Oasis transatlantic cruise following its dry dock enhancements. The Viking Crown lounge had been converted into a Suite lounge for Concierge class guests. We were travelling in a Grand Suite and so were able to use it. We are thinking of going on QoS in Jan 2015, and wondered if Quantum has this, or the standard Concierge that is found on other ships?

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by DoctorRN

I've updated the Q&A spreadsheet. I believe I caught them all, but please take a quick look and let me know if I missed any questions from anyone.

@Berbet - I believe we're scheduled to leave around 5pm, which will be noon EST.

Thanks!

Joanna

It seems that the shows (specifically Mama Mia) is offered at different times on different sailings. pre book by dining times based on the show times that were posted on other roll calls and that now seems to be different. Can you please find out what time the shows are on the 8 day sailings. Thanks in advance.

Cell data service is spotty - 3G goes in and out. Here are a few pictures (more to come when I drop off bags in the cabin and venture out with my camera).

We'll use this thread as our live report, and I've also created a Shutterfly share site to collect/organize all the pictures.

Here's a link to the Pool Bar album - https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/restaurants/40

We'll continue to upload photos :)

ry%3D400

Thanks for the report. Looks like the pool is undercover an advantage sailing on a TA this time of year. We were looking at the Anthem 30.10.15 will seriously consider it now I know they have a covered solarium area. Thanks again for taking the time. Have a good crossing look forward to following your journey.

Angela :)

Thanks for the report. Looks like the pool is undercover an advantage sailing on a TA this time of year. We were looking at the Anthem 30.10.15 will seriously consider it now I know they have a covered solarium area. Thanks again for taking the time. Have a good crossing look forward to following your journey.

Angela :)

From what I could tell, the Solarium is covered, but this is another pool that has a retractable roof, then there is another outdoor only pool

From what I could tell, the Solarium is covered, but this is another pool that has a retractable roof, then there is another outdoor only pool

Yes, that's correct. We haven't even had a chance to go to the Solarium yet. So glad we have 8 days!

Cell data service is spotty - 3G goes in and out. Here are a few pictures (more to come when I drop off bags in the cabin and venture out with my camera).

We'll use this thread as our live report, and I've also created a Shutterfly share site to collect/organize all the pictures.

Here's a link to the Pool Bar album - https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/restaurants/40

We'll continue to upload photos :)

ry%3D400

I guess they ran out of money for a little larger clock.....wow that was a tiny clock for that space over the doorway.:rolleyes:

Jimbo:)

I second the idea of having the live reporters use a color other than blue if it's not too much trouble - maybe bold red text or something like that. It will really make the review text pop and help us couch cruisers skip past other comments and questions posted by others.

Excited for all those on board and look forward to hearing/seeing more about this ship.

Bon voyage! :D

Edited by 71Corvette

I second the idea of having the live reporters use a color other than blue if it's not too much trouble - maybe bold red text or something like that. It will really make the review text pop and help us couch cruisers skip past other comments and questions posted by others.

Excited for all those on board and look forward to hearing/seeing more about this ship.

Bon voyage! :D

I vote for red boldalso!

According to a Press member on the 2 day sailing, he was informed that the WOWBands are free of charge and are in your stateroom, wondering if our live team could let us know when they get to their rooms!

Got he wow bands in the room now doesn't say anything about a charge for them

Hmm interesting, Royals website still says "nominal fee", I heard they are free for children as they replace the muster wristbands

According to a Press member on the 2 day sailing, he was informed that the WOWBands are free of charge and are in your stateroom, wondering if our live team could let us know when they get to their rooms!

Yes, correct - no charge for the Wow bands. They were waiting for us in our rooms.

Teaser - those booked in a Superior Grand Suite will be VERY happy with their decision. The layout is new and lovely. I have photos uploading now and will post a link once they're done.

[ATTACH]329890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]329891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]329892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]329893[/ATTACH]

Not very happy with the room service menu. Seems things like burgers now are chargeable!

I notice, if I am not mistaken, that the for fee items look like they are from fee restaurants. I would hence assume that is why there is a charge for those items.

Hi guys,

Well we are here on board and I can tell you the ship is stunning! Boarding was not as smooth as it could have been but it was ok - we came straight to our cabin and have the bands as well as our cards - the crew seem to prefer the cards so far, but we will see.

I will update more later

Emma x

[ATTACH]329894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]329895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]329896[/ATTACH][ATTACH]329897[/ATTACH]

Few pictures of our room. Superior ocean view cabin 8110 right at the front overlooking the bow. Same position as the family ocean view on freedom class. But not a separate bunk area

This looks like a great cabin. Enjoy!