Can Drinks now be carried out of the Diamond Lounge

Now that we have drink vouchers, can you carry out your last drink? I think it would be easier than having to stop at a bar or lounge to get a drink to carry into the dining room.

The vouchers are to be used at various venues outside of the DL during the cocktail hours and not in the DL.

Depending on the Concierge, it will depend if you are allowed to walk out with glass in hand or not.

Edited by cruisenfever

Kind of a moot point with the vouchers now being used for D and above since you can take those anywhere, what would be the point of limiting drinks being taken from lounges?

CL is a bit different, but this has been discussed many times before and the concierges still do what they want. I wouldn't worry about them.

I happened to be outside the DL on the Vision this past week... a hotel officer (not the DL concierge I don't think) was just walking in the door as someone was trying to walk out of the D with two drinks in his hand. The officer promptly told the passenger that the drinks were not to be taken out of the lounge. Perhaps the correct answer is... whoever is on guard!

I think this is better off not mention.

I have taken drinks out of the CL for several years on various ships. Probably not a good idea to post which CL's have allowed this, as RCI personnel supposedly do read these threads.

Agreed. I wouldn't be upset if this thread went away.

I happened to be outside the DL on the Vision this past week... a hotel officer (not the DL concierge I don't think) was just walking in the door as someone was trying to walk out of the D with two drinks in his hand. The officer promptly told the passenger that the drinks were not to be taken out of the lounge. Perhaps the correct answer is... whoever is on guard!

We were on Vision last month and it was so busy in the DL that they were instructing guests to take their food and drinks out of the DL to the nearby lounges. There was an officer their as well as the concierge and guest services manager all of whom instructed the same.

I think the officer you saw was not informed of the latest policy changes. I talked to the DL Concierge on the Vision while on a b2b in July/August, and asked if we could stop by the DL for a glass of champagne to take to dinner with us, and he said by all means come by before the happy hour is over and do this.

We were on Vision last month and it was so busy in the DL that they were instructing guests to take their food and drinks out of the DL to the nearby lounges. There was an officer their as well as the concierge and guest services manager all of whom instructed the same.

Grandeur uses the lounge (South Pacific) that the DL is in for overflow and in March, it was definitely needed. There were appetizers set up outside and inside the lounge and the area was roped off so people were easily able to take drinks and leave and Jorge had no problem with it. The concierge (Jorge) circulated in both areas.