can you bring your own bottled water on board

hello i am taking my first RCL in Dec on the vision of the seas (not my first cruise tho i usually always sail carnival) i was trying to find if i could bring my own water bottles or soda on board in my carry on like i have done in the past but all i can find is stuff talking about wine. If i can bring it how much do they allow?

hello i am taking my first RCL in Dec on the vision of the seas (not my first cruise tho i usually always sail carnival) i was trying to find if i could bring my own water bottles or soda on board in my carry on like i have done in the past but all i can find is stuff talking about wine. If i can bring it how much do they allow?

I believe Vision is cruising out of Tampa in December, and we've always brought bottled water when we cruise out of that port with no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Officially: None

Unofficially: A "reasonable" amount. If sailing out of Port Everglades just give it to a porter and they will tag it for delivery. If you are sailing out of Tampa I can't say.

LOL thats what i thought! Im sailing out of Tampa.

i know when i have gone carnival they didnt care we saw people bringing on cases of water and multiple 12 packs of soda. My husband brought a six pack of mt dew because they dont serve that on the ship and its about all he drinks. i dont think ill risk it. would hate to try and get busted and then miss out on my vacation

We brought a case of sealed water on Navigator this past week - unfortunately they lost it anyway (never made it to our room nor did they have record of it being held), so they replaces it with a 12 pack of Evian from the bar! Great CS for Royal Caribbean!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i know when i have gone carnival they didnt care we saw people bringing on cases of water and multiple 12 packs of soda. My husband brought a six pack of mt dew because they dont serve that on the ship and its about all he drinks. i dont think ill risk it. would hate to try and get busted and then miss out on my vacation

The worst that will happen is they will take it away. They certainly will not stop you from boarding.

You can, but there's PLENTY of water on the ship! The water is what will be in your food, your drinks, and it's what your ice is made of. Might as well drink it! Bring a refillable bottle, if you want! The water is included and is excellent!

i dont think ill risk it. would hate to try and get busted and then miss out on my vacation

If they DID take it, all they would do is tag it and let you get it back at the end of the week (as long as the bottles/cans are sealed. If they are opened they will dump it). They will NOT kick you off the ship for trying to bring soft drinks. 99% sure you'll have no problems at all.

Your allowed one 12 pack of soda or water per person, also I bottle of wine per person. Has to be a carry on...

Not true.

Officially the policy is that the only beverages allowed to be brought onboard are two bottles of wine per stateroom, but unless you are sailing during spring break they usually allow bottled water.

My experience with taking a sealed 24-pack of bottled water onboard is that Port Everglades let us check it and it was delivered to our room, Tampa wouldn't let us check it but we could carry it on, and Galveston let us check it but we had to pick it up from guest services once we were in international waters due to state regulations.

Edited by ahecht

I brought a 12 pack case of water on the Oasis last year in May and the porter put a tag on it and it showed it at my room. After walking the halls i did see alot of other cases and even a 24 pack of water. I wouldnt hesitage to bring a 12 pack. worse comes to worse its only 4$.

In September on the Freedom out pf Port Canaveral they made us carry on our 24 pack of water. They refused to let us check it.

Our experience at Pot Canaveral has been that if the water is in some sort of luggage, the porters are more likely to take it. We've also been refused obvious cases of water there.

Your allowed one 12 pack of soda or water per person, also I bottle of wine per person. Has to be a carry on...

Maybe if you are sailing on Carnival but certainly not on RCI where you are officially allowed nothing but two bottles of wine per CABIN, not per person. They usually don't enforce the water/soda rules except during spring break.

yes! I take water/soda on every cruise we go on and have never had an issue. Was on Vision 2x since late August and took stuff.

I either pack it in a tote cooler and check it or put it in my bag to carry on the ship. Either way, never have had a issue.

Hello, DH and I are traveling out of San Juan in December on the Jewel. Has anyone ever brought sparkling water on board? DH doesn't drink alcohol. Thanks for your help.

There is a duty free liquor store in the terminal beyond security. We have purchased bottles of still water there and carried them on board. I don't recall if they carry sparking water, but I doubt you would have trouble carrying them on board.