Cruise Points Question

We are a family of 5. My wife and I and 3 kids. We have cruised twice with our kids and were awarded cruise points differently each time. Each cruise we booked 2 inside cabins.

My wife and I are each C&A members.

Both cruises were ten night cruises. Once I was awarded 10 points and the other I was awarded 20 points. What would explain this difference?

How many cruise points should I be awarded if I book 2 cabins for a 10 night cruise?

Does it depend on who stays in which room? If my wife and I stay in the same cabin (and kids in the other) maybe we only get 10 points? If my wife and I each stay in a different cabin then we get 20?

Any clarification on this would be helpful. We are about to book another two inside cabins with our kids and I would like to make sure I book it so that I maximize by point reward.

Thank you.

Unless you were booked solo in one of those inside cabins, you should have only gotten 10 points. Twenty points on a ten night cruise suggests the cruiseline made a clerical error to your benefit. Maybe some day they will catch it and correct it, but I'd guess you'll get to keep those erroneous points.

If you want more points per day, you need to book JS or higher or book solos (and pay a single supplement:eek:)

If you were awarded 20 points on your second cruise it could have been the type of cabin. If it was a junior suite or above, you are awarded double points for that cruise.

Each person is awarded points based on their cruise history. Spouses automatically are awarded the highest point value between the two people. For instance, I also cruise occasionally with a good friend, and my husband's account is updated with those points, too.

Children inherit their parents' level, but their point balance only shows their actual cruise history. Be sure to enroll your children if you haven't already.

So, your next cruise will give each member of your family the appropriate number of points to coincide with the number of cruise nights, and double points if you stay in a junior suite or above.

Edited by pcur

If you were awarded 20 points on your second cruise it could have been the type of cabin. If it was a junior suite or above, you are awarded double points for that cruise.

Each person is awarded points based on their cruise history. Spouses automatically are awarded the highest point value between the two people. For instance, I also cruise occasionally with a good friend, and my husband's account is updated with those points, too.

Children inherit their parents' level, but their point balance only shows their actual cruise history. Be sure to enroll your children if you haven't already.

So, your next cruise will give each member of your family the appropriate number of points to coincide with the number of cruise nights, and double points if you stay in a junior suite or above.

OP said they booked insides. Looks like an error.

was the 20 points for a December cruise.....???? the past 2 years there was a promotion of double December ..double points

That promotion only applied to C&A Diamond and up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

was the 20 points for a December cruise.....???? the past 2 years there was a promotion of double December ..double points

That was for Diamond and above only, and the last time they did extra points in December was 2012.

So do you get one point per person per day or do you get one point per cabin per day? We're Platinum and have never booked a suite.

Each person gets one point per night of the cruise. They get an extra point per night if in a JS or better. They get an extra point per night if they are the only person booked in a stateroom that normally holds more than one. Max of 3 points per night.

Edited by clarea

Slightly confused, your signature shows 4 RCL cruises. :confused:

You should have points for those as well

OP said he had cruised twice with the kids. On of those cruises (20 points) caused OP to wonder if he'd get more points depending upon how he managed the family's bookings. Now the OP knows he just got lucky

Other cruises may have been taken without the kids; OP likely had no questions about those points.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Each person gets one point per night of the cruise. They get an extra point per night if in a JS or better. They get an extra point per night if they are the only person booked in a stateroom that normally holds more than one. Max of 3 points per night.

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if anyone could clarify this for me. Here's my cruise history and earned points. All 7 cruises have been with my Wife and I in one cabin. Do I need to add my Wife to my C&A membership to start getting two points per night or is this something that RCCL keeps completely separate? In other words, a married couple in a cabin is only worth 1 point per night, correct? The spouses' points cannot be joined?

i-mB2Wfm6.jpg

Edited by rusty nut

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if anyone could clarify this for me. Here's my cruise history and earned points. All 7 cruises have been with my Wife and I in one cabin. Do I need to add my Wife to my C&A membership to start getting two points per night or is this something that RCCL keeps completely separate? In other words, a married couple in a cabin is only worth 1 point per night, correct? The spouses' points cannot be joined?

i-mB2Wfm6.jpg

Your wife needs to join C&A and be awarded points for her cruises. Points are NOT combined. Each person receives one point per night cruised. If you have two in a cabin, each person will receive 1 point, if you have 4 in a cabin each person will receive 1 point.

Your cruise history might be confusing because you had several cruises before the system changed from credits to points. The website does not clearly indicate which of the numbers are "cruise credits" and which are "cruise points".

Your cruise history might be confusing because you had several cruises before the system changed from credits to points. The website does not clearly indicate which of the numbers are "cruise credits" and which are "cruise points".
Yes, somewhere around 50 or 51 points I think.