BOGOHO sale ending

Fortunately, we got in early, and are booked through March 2016. By the time we need to reload our cruise list RCL will come up with some other cockamamie sale (or two or six). The good news is that by that time All Aboard Florida should be up and running, which opens up Ft. Lauderdale for us:)

What is All Aboard Florida?

We also have our cruises (6) booked until March 2016. :)

What is All Aboard Florida?

We also have our cruises (6) booked until March 2016. :)

A privately funded high speed rail service that will run from Orlando International Airport to Miami with stops in West Palm Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale (current plan). OIA and the Canaveral Port Authority are currently negotiating for a stop at Port Canaveral as well.

Once it is up and running it will open up a significant number of cruise options for us, since we don't fly anymore, and DW hates long drives.

Edited by orville99

So.....the BOGOHO sale is supposed to end tomorrow, October 31st:rolleyes:

It has been on since the beginning of May, always ending on a certain date only to be extended again and again.

IMO the current prices cannot remain without either the BOGOHO sale extension or a reduction in rates.

What's everyone's predictions - will it actually, finally end or will there be an extension/new BOGOHO sale?

I hope it ends.

With his BOGOHO sale & their crazy fluctuating prices our cruise price has been between $540 to $1230 MORE for the 3 of us as compared to the price we booked at in May.

A privately funded high speed rail service that will run from Orlando International Airport to Miami with stops in West Palm Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale (current plan). OIA and the Canaveral Port Authority are currently negotiating for a stop at Port Canaveral as well.

Once it is up and running it will open up a significant number of cruise options for us, since we don't fly anymore, and DW hates long drives.

Thank you. I can see how this would be very useful for a lot of people.

I'm very disappointed that there is not a stop in one of the treasure coast counties. We are in the middle of WPB and Orlando would love to leave the car home and use this.

I booked my cruise during the first round of BOGOHO and actually got a pretty good deal. I went to check prices recently and thought "woohoo" I can upgrade to a balcony for less than my outside room. then the total kept coming up higher?? Went to my TA, she couldn't figure out how that worked, called RCCI and the rep said yep, that's the correct price. I finally had to call myself and finally figured out the were pulling the going out of business trick. You know mark everything up to full retail and then "discount" down to what you normally really charge.

Oh well, I still have my outside room at a great price.

I booked my cruise during the first round of BOGOHO and actually got a pretty good deal. I went to check prices recently and thought "woohoo" I can upgrade to a balcony for less than my outside room. then the total kept coming up higher?? Went to my TA, she couldn't figure out how that worked, called RCCI and the rep said yep, that's the correct price. I finally had to call myself and finally figured out the were pulling the going out of business trick. You know mark everything up to full retail and then "discount" down to what you normally really charge.

Oh well, I still have my outside room at a great price.

The problem with this type of pricing...buy one get one half off - we look at the price and think "great, this is the price and the second person will be half that price". Wrong. The price is already built in. I've always considered this type of pricing to be deceptive.

It shows up differently on the confirmation than it does at the RCI website which is so misleading.

The cruise experience is good once on board (aside from the annoying little corporate initiated cutbacks). The booking experience isn't good at all.

Yep. And so far I've received 2 alerts this morning on price increases on 2 of my cruises.

Same thing happened one other time the BOGOHO went away. It took a day or so for the prices to be adjusted.

Basic prices for the Allure March, '16 are still the same and some $800 more than the half-price sale. RCL traded the sale for the on board credits.

The true sale was the May one, where I got Oasis cruise C1 cabin for Feb. '16 for less than $800 per with the D balcony discount.

I stopped getting alerts for price increases as it got me all excited for nothing;)

I never even got them and still don't understand why anyone gets them in the first place. Ellen, why did you get them previously? I only want to know if the price drops so I can jump on it. :D

Gina

Basic prices for the Allure March, '16 are still the same and some $800 more than the half-price sale. RCL traded the sale for the on board credits.

The true sale was the May one, where I got Oasis cruise C1 cabin for Feb. '16 for less than $800 per with the D balcony discount.

It could be like the beginning of the first BOGOHO sale. The offer changed before they updated prices. That's how people got some great deals initially. Give it a few days and I suspect the prices will come back down. Either that or we'll get another "new" BOGOHO offer, "So good, we had to offer it again. Get it before it's gone for good". :rolleyes:

Weird pricing now:eek:

If I do a mock booking without being logged in, I get the higher (non-BOGOHO) price and the OBC discount. If I'm logged in I get the same cabin price and a balcony discount but no OBC, which gives me a price of $4225. If I'm logged out, I get the same cabin price, but also $300 OBC per person, which drops the price to $3850.:eek:

I never even got them and still don't understand why anyone gets them in the first place. Ellen, why did you get them previously? I only want to know if the price drops so I can jump on it. :D

Gina

I got them when I wanted to use my Visa rewards for an upgrade so that I could get the best $$ value. Then I had to monitor BOTH decreases and increases.

Weird pricing now:eek:

If I do a mock booking without being logged in, I get the higher (non-BOGOHO) price and the OBC discount. If I'm logged in I get the same cabin price and a balcony discount but no OBC, which gives me a price of $4225. If I'm logged out, I get the same cabin price, but also $300 OBC per person, which drops the price to $3850.:eek:

The pricing is really nuts. When I do a mock booking for 4, without signing, I get a discount of $225 ($450) per for 3rd & 4th in a cabin. However, when I do one for 2 in a cabin I get OBC of $300 ($600) per. NUTS!

I got them when I wanted to use my Visa rewards for an upgrade so that I could get the best $$ value. Then I had to monitor BOTH decreases and increases.

Now I understand - very good reason. That is one card I never got. I actually use my Marriott card to pay for cruises since I prefer their card benefits.

We booked in August during the BOGOHO sale. My parents are in a balcony. We received a small price drop ($90) at some point, so their 'locked in' price is $2258 including taxes/port fees.

This morning, the same catagory balcony (logged in or not logged in- it was the same) was $3384, with $600 OBC, so $2784...STILL $526 more than we paid. Crazy!!