Quantum of the seas

Yes, let's listen to the Floridians complain about the lack of ships based in Florida.......

Wah-wah-v2-596x447.jpg

:rolleyes:

:p:D:cool:

IT's like Listing to ROB FORD SPEW NONSense :p

(1 Month UNTIL His Term is officialy OVER)

It sure would be nice to have a ship back in Southern California. It doesn't even have to be a new one.

We'll have Jewel here in So. Cal. for a few cruises in Spring and Fall 2015.

We're booked and will enjoy not having to fly. I'm hoping she's well supported on the West Coast and RCI will re-consider basing a ship here once again.

Yes, let's listen to the Floridians complain about the lack of ships based in Florida.......

Wah-wah-v2-596x447.jpg

Agree! How many new ships went to Florida and how many are based there? The cruise lines have discovered that flying is a pain so they are bringing 1 new ship to NJ! Yippee!!! Counting the days!!!

Edited by JMG

Wah-wah-v2-596x447.jpg

Luv it. As a Chicagoan, I'm sorry that the Floridians don't have enough ships sailing from their state. High-fives ^^^^ on this one! :D

Lol you just made my day.

But seriously, the ship is designed for cooler weather and northern routes. Maybe someday, but I doubt a new Florida-based ship is what they had in mind for this class.

...but I doubt a new Florida-based ship is what they had in mind for this class.

I thought Anthem was originally planned for Florida? Q in Bayonne, Anthem Southampton summer months/TA/Florida winter months....

So maybe this what will shake out by 2016: Q in China, Anthem Bayonne, Ovation 2016 Southampton/TA/Ft Lauderdale. We're having this discussion on the "Deployment Guessing" thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976892&page=162

Edited by Hoopster95

I thought Anthem was originally planned for Florida? Q in Bayonne, Anthem Southampton summer months/TA/Florida winter months....

So maybe this what will shake out by 2016: Q in China, Anthem Bayonne, Ovation 2016 Southampton/TA/Ft Lauderdale. We're having this discussion on the "Deployment Guessing" thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976892&page=162

That's exactly what's going to happen. Ovation will probably take Anthems originally scheduled ports. So Southampton in the summer and Ft. Lauderdale during the winters.

Pressing that "Like" button for the crying baby. :)

For us, only Galveston is close enough to drive and that's a 6.5 hour trip for us. :( We just go ahead and budget flights. We've cruised out of Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, Bayonne, Baltimore, Seattle, and Vancouver. It's the price we pay if we want to cruise, so unfortunately we have do it. :D

Excited that the Liberty is slated to be in Galveston in the near future. The Freedom class is the only one we've not sailed. Congrats to those in the northern states who will be able to get on Royal's newest ship in the fleet without a long flight.