NO Priority disembarkation on FR?

PH8

Just off the Freedom and we(Diamond Plus) did not have priority disembarkation. I know there are bigger world problems out there,but my point is: it is a benefit that Diamond and above are supposed to have.

Instead,ALL C&A members were to go to Pharoah's Lounge to wait.Only priority was for suites.

We had priority in August(on FR),but not this time.Not fun disembarking with over 1000 C&A members...It was a disaster both leaving the ship and getting on the first day(but that was a whole other situation).........

Good thing everything else in between went okay..:)

I was surprised by that, too. Of course, Pinnacles did get priority :)

I was one of the lucky ones though - my bags were waiting for me when I got downstairs and there was no line for customs. I had an odd numbered tag. I just flew down the gangway and through the terminal, while the even tags were in a very long line in the terminal.

I was surprised by that, too. Of course, Pinnacles did get priority :)

I was one of the lucky ones though - my bags were waiting for me when I got downstairs and there was no line for customs. I had an odd numbered tag. I just flew down the gangway and through the terminal, while the even tags were in a very long line in the terminal.

Once I got off the ship,no problem........it was the part that I did not get off till almost 9,when my tag said it was supposed to be 7:30..:rolleyes:

My parents are D+ and debarked from FR 10/19 and said it was one of the easiest ever. Had breakfast and then in the car by 9:00AM, no delays. Perhaps the ships late docking this week caused delays in clearance; little delays here and there add up to big chunks of time.

My parents are D+ and debarked from FR 10/19 and said it was one of the easiest ever. Had breakfast and then in the car by 9:00AM, no delays. Perhaps the ships late docking this week caused delays in clearance; little delays here and there add up to big chunks of time.

Actually,it was late about an hour both weeks,so that wasn't it..........BUT that is not my point........no priority lounge and embarkation for D/DP..

Edited by PH8

Actually,it was late about an hour both weeks,so that wasn't it..........BUT that is not my point........no priority lounge and embarkation for D/DP..

Priority that we have earned is the point for sure.

Is it happening fleet wide ?

Edited by ssb

They forgot about the Diamonds on the Legend on our last cruise. Not a big deal, but an earned privilege.

The Other passenger dashed by our lounge as they had been released to leave the ship.

No apology was provided by the cruise director other than a statement that "it happens".

We are D+ and were also on the Freedom 10.26.14 sailing. We were originally given luggage tag #32 out of 34. Managed to finagle a couple #5 tags. No D+ waiting area. All C&A members were to meet in Pharoahs. I think they called our number about 9 or so. It was pretty smooth once we got off the ship and I understand if there are disembarking delays, but think I shouldnt have to ask for a better luggage tag number. I will say Pharoahs was set up with coffee juice and pastries.

Do you still have the option to take your own luggage and be one of the first off?

Yes but not first off.... We were in the self assist and the tags were getting off before we were as the line for self assist was toooo long..

After talking to C&A today seems like the 'benefits' are not really benefits. If the benefits aren't going to be there then price, itinerary will take precedence over loyalty...still a fun time tho!!!

Is this for priority walk off too? Normally we do self depart from EN as we have to go back to work but I swear there is a faster line but not sure where.

Varies by ship. I've seen priority for self-assist, but not often. Don't think I saw it on EN last month.

I just do understand the difficulty in disembarkation? We sail Disney often - the Fantasy is about the same(ish) size of the FOS. Disney does not give out numbers - when the ship clears customs there is announcement that simply states - ship is cleared feel free to leave and we do, we just walk off, no lines, no waiting. Of course there are those folks that are compelled to stand in the main lobby @ 7a with their luggage, not us, we have breakfast then back to the cabin for our belongs then off the ship. Smooth as silk every time :o

Just off the Freedom and we(Diamond Plus) did not have priority disembarkation. I know there are bigger world problems out there,but my point is: it is a benefit that Diamond and above are supposed to have.

Instead,ALL C&A members were to go to Pharoah's Lounge to wait.Only priority was for suites.

We had priority in August(on FR),but not this time.Not fun disembarking with over 1000 C&A members...It was a disaster both leaving the ship and getting on the first day(but that was a whole other situation).........

Good thing everything else in between went okay..:)

Did suites include JSs for priority disembarkation.

What about D+?

Edited by SherriZ366

Might not have been feasible. I mean, I've been on some cruises where there were more Diamond C&A members than Emerald and Platinum combined. If there's a thousand C&A members on board and 5 Pinnacle, 25 D+, 600 Diamond, and the rest spread below, how much priority do you think can really be offered? The average Diamond is STILL gonna be 300+ people back in line.

Might not have been feasible. I mean, I've been on some cruises where there were more Diamond C&A members than Emerald and Platinum combined. If there's a thousand C&A members on board and 5 Pinnacle, 25 D+, 600 Diamond, and the rest spread below, how much priority do you think can really be offered? The average Diamond is STILL gonna be 300+ people back in line.
Maybe so, but my point is it was not offered as it was supposed to be.

DH will not be happy about not having priority disembarkation as he is chafing at the bit to get off and drive 4 1/2 hours back home.

Cry me a river. Are you serious, hubby needs to be first off for a 4 1/2 drive. How about those who need to catch flights? You guys need to chill and when you get off, whether early or a bit later, it's still going to be 4 1/2 hours.