How soon do prices go down

Nana57

I actually could use some help with exactly how others find cruises at good deals.... I just want to be able to look without waiting on TA...BUT I'm not so savvy in how others find the good deals... we are looking for something close to new years where prices are really low for us... is there a site you specifically go to? Please if you cn give me.specifics.. thanks stacey

I understand RCCL has made an announcement that they will not be lowering prices for last minute cruises. Supposedly in fairness for far in advanced bookings

Wonder how long this will last? DH and I are booked on 12/12/2014 sailing and I counted over 100 staterooms still available.

I understand RCCL has made an announcement that they will not be lowering prices for last minute cruises. Supposedly in fairness for far in advanced bookings

Wonder how long this will last? DH and I are booked on 12/12/2014 sailing and I counted over 100 staterooms still available.

That is for 2015, IF they hold true to what they say

I am also surprised that there are so many cabins for a holiday week on a new ship

Edited by molly361

Curious how do you find how many staterooms are still available?

I actually could use some help with exactly how others find cruises at good deals.... I just want to be able to look without waiting on TA...BUT I'm not so savvy in how others find the good deals... we are looking for something close to new years where prices are really low for us... is there a site you specifically go to? Please if you cn give me.specifics.. thanks stacey

You just have to watch. Pick a date(s) and ship(s) and then start watching.

Ballpark figures: $100 or less pp per day-good deal

$150 pp per day average deal

$200 pp per day summers and holidays

>$200 pp per day things like NYE and Christmas cruises, or peak of season sailings

Your amounts will be lower for insides, higher for suites.

If I click on the link provided above it takes me to RCCL UK website, but I can't see how you can tell what cabins are open. Could someone share how you can see this info?

You have to pick your ship and sail date and then whatever category or categories you want to check on (inside outside etc). It will list available staterooms. I don't know if it will list all of them but it lists 50.

Edited by molly361

If I click on the link provided above it takes me to RCCL UK website, but I can't see how you can tell what cabins are open. Could someone share how you can see this info?

You have to pretend that you are going to book a cabin. Once you get to a certain point you will have the option to select a cabin. This is where you will see a list of up to 50 cabins for that category. To see another category you have to go back a step in the process and then continue.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Curious how do you find how many staterooms are still available?

I go through the booking process on a cruise booking website. Then I go through each category and count them

I'm always curious to see what is available till my sailing date

Noticed on the 12/27 sailing on the Quantum that there are still a lot of cabins open. Will it sail with these open cabins, or will there be a sale soon. It's a very pricey cruise.

You are looking at the new years cruise. They are usually more but keep watching it.

The quantum cruise on 12/12 is only $1047 for 8nts. The TA I use offers pre-paid tips on this cruise.

The new years one is double the price.

But keep your eye on it as the price will drop if they are loaded with empties

The TA I use offers pre-paid tips

Edited by limoguy1

Wonder how long this will last? .

Royal Caribbean becoming loyal and less business focus. Yeah right, as soon as they see they are sailing with empty cabin they will do anything to fill them

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app