Do you think Celebrity top executives read this forum

lenbest

I wonder if the people in Celebrity who make the decisions read this forum.Its great for customer comments and feedback all for free -but do you think they actually read them and act upon them.I suppose we will know if someone replies to this comment?

Not sure if the executives actually read this site, but I do know that they have a team that does (they have come on here many, many times with explanations and/or trying to help posters). I'm sure they pass along information/posts along to the proper department if warranted. Keep in mind, just because they read it or get it passed along to them, it doesn't mean that they agree with a post or will act upon them.

Yes. There is an official Celebrity representative who apparently reads it daily, makes comments when warranted, and sometimes provides an email address requesting a return contact. I think he/she handles it well, not wading into every complaint-fest or opinion-party.

Whether he/she is a top executive, we don't know, but pretty likely the input goes into the mix.

They've sometimes used this forum to announce news, or to provide helpful stuff - a few months ago, I believe he/she provided a list of beverages included in te Classic Package.

They have a social media team that monitors this site, facebook, twitter and other sites like it. If its a bigger scale or sytematic issue its directed up, but probably 90%+ plus of the stuff mentioned on here isn't systematic or company wide problems, its more a singular passenger concern or observation, or a problem that's already know, documented, and been discussed before

It seems like it would be a waste of their time to do it

Edited by johhnnyt

They have a social media team that monitors this site, facebook, twitter and other sites like it. If its a bigger scale or sytematic issue its directed up, but probably 90%+ plus of the stuff mentioned on here isn't systematic or company wide problems, its more a singular passenger concern or observation, or a problem that's already know, documented, and been discussed before

It seems like it would be a waste of their time to do it

I think you are correct. If they see a trend, then they would send it up to the departments involved, but not those one or two offs that want cheaper fares for certain itineraries, trivial complaints, etc.

I do think their social media teams does a fantastic job trying to help some with one off issues/problems by asking them to replay and then sending it to the proper department. Everyone should give them props for the job they do.

I am a stockholder but would be more than happy with the thought that my "top executive" was spending his\her time reading this forum-there are some good comments and feedback on this forum or do you disagree and its all a waste of time?

As I recall, we've had this discussion before.... While the absolute number of folks reading/posting here is small, The folks here represent far more than just themselves. Sort of like bad news....travels fast....and if you hear it from one person, there are probably 20+ others who feel the same way but just don't take the time to say anything.

If you are one of those who believe that if someone doesn't complain (or praise) then they don't have a problem....welcome to the "service desks" that believe if a customer isn't in front of them (or on the phone) they no longer have a problem. The reality is that if something is being discussed here (other than personal issues or some crazy posts), it's probably something that many who aren't active on CC feel as well.

Celebrity would be well served to not trivialize CC based on the number of folks posting....and I think they know that.

We have, and I see both sides of the arguments. But truth is, so many here have complained about loss of pillow chocolates and q-tips, yet X hasn't returned them, and ships are still full. New cruisers don't miss what they didn't know was there before. Those who don't read these boards yet still cruise may wonder "was there a chocolate last time? I can't remember? Oh well, time for the buffet" and move on.

Certainly some issues here ring thru fleet wide, such as the Beverage package changes earlier this year, but the whining and moaning that was loud about Captains Club changes, resulted in no change whatsoever.

I feel very much that cruise critic is more of a "vocal minority" than a voice for the masses.

I think X and RCI's core customer wants a value priced cruise, and isn't concerned about the lack of amenities, I think PRICE and included perceived PERKS is most peoples first concern. No one is stopping their bookings due to no qtips or chocolates, and I don't think any large number have left Celebrity after the captains club changes either.

Honestly but for a few high end cruise lines, cruises are becoming very much like airlines, we love to hate them, yet still use them extensively.

I wonder if the people in Celebrity who make the decisions read this forum.Its great for customer comments and feedback all for free -but do you think they actually read them and act upon them.I suppose we will know if someone replies to this comment?

Yes they do. We had dinner with the HR person from the ship and ALL cruise lines read these forums very closely

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would probably be more cost-effective than paying some survey company to conduct focus groups.

Actually I don't think it would. The data here is not scientific at all. The population, sample size, etc. are in no way controlled. The forum is heavily influenced by frequent cruisers who are looking for certain things. I don't think the posters represent the full spectrum of cruisers.

Objective data is needed for valid business decisions. The surveys that they leave in the rooms are a more objective sample. There is always some bias in that some people just don't answer surveys, but by giving everyone a chance to respond they hit a wider audience.

What these forums do provide is anecdotal evidence to support opinions. There is value in this and this is one reason why businesses do monitored themselves on all social media.

For those that think senior executives should read this, I am going to assume that you are the same people that think it is OK to write a letter directly to the COE with your minor personal complaint. Do we really think that they have time to read these or that it is a good use of their time?

Actually I don't think it would. The data here is not scientific at all. The population, sample size, etc. are in no way controlled. The forum is heavily influenced by frequent cruisers who are looking for certain things. I don't think the posters represent the full spectrum of cruisers.

Objective data is needed for valid business decisions. The surveys that they leave in the rooms are a more objective sample. There is always some bias in that some people just don't answer surveys, but by giving everyone a chance to respond they hit a wider audience.

What these forums do provide is anecdotal evidence to support opinions. There is value in this and this is one reason why businesses do monitored themselves on all social media.

For those that think senior executives should read this, I am going to assume that you are the same people that think it is OK to write a letter directly to the COE with your minor personal complaint. Do we really think that they have time to read these or that it is a good use of their time?

While I agree with most of what you posted I would make one change. The best use of postings here is not to provide anecdotal evidence. A good company does not make decisions on anecdotal evidence. Instead you would use a forum like this to identify potential questions to be asked by market research. Basically an input at the front end at the start of the process, not evidence at the back end.

I think they'd be stupid if they didn't. I love that Frank Del Rio posted in the Oceania board when he was Chairman.

Frank del Rio is special. We have sailed Oceania a number of times and via CC he gave me the number of the phone on his desk and his personal email. And replied privately to me when I raised a question.

Can anybody say the same about a top exec at Celebrity? Yes, I know the numbers of passengers are hugely different between Oceania and Celebrity but maybe that's why some people prefer the smaller and more personal lines.

I think they'd be stupid if they didn't. I love that Frank Del Rio posted in the Oceania board when he was Chairman.

Frank del Rio is special. We have sailed Oceania a number of times and via CC he gave me the number of the phone on his desk and his personal email. And replied privately to me when I raised a question.

Can anybody say the same about a top exec at Celebrity? Yes, I know the numbers of passengers are hugely different between Oceania and Celebrity but maybe that's why some people prefer the smaller and more personal lines.

Celebrity won't even "disclose" the names of their executives...in fact "celebrity Cruise" doesn't seem to have a name. The execs and other staffs pretty much hide in the background letting customer service (misnamed) and the captain's club be the front folks. I'm sure Celebrity Cruise passes on some info, but it's clearly one way....nothing much comes back unless it's a disaster (e.g. the classic drink package fiasco).

IMHO, HQ handles financials, planning, marketing and they let the ship personnel be the interface to passengers, irrespective of the problem. At least Michael Bayley has a group you can mail issues to...but that's it.

While I agree with most of what you posted I would make one change. The best use of postings here is not to provide anecdotal evidence. A good company does not make decisions on anecdotal evidence. Instead you would use a forum like this to identify potential questions to be asked by market research. Basically an input at the front end at the start of the process, not evidence at the back end.

I agree with what you are saying. Was struggling to come up with words to define the value of the forum info. Your thought on input is probably better. I was thinking along the lines that sometimes survey questions are vague and these forums give detailed complaints and maybe answer some of the why. Either way fully agree anecdotal evidence isn't good for decision making.