Crown Grill Steaks

MsSoCalCruiser

Well, let's see.........last week on the Golden our waiter said "Don't slow down now, I'll bring you more of whatever you want. And when you're through, Ill bring you all the dessert you want!" We were very full after the filet and lobster tail and took our desserts to go. It was the best final morning breakfast we've ever had! :D:D

That is a smart Idea..

There is no limit.... but just get billed for what ever you order extra!

No problem

What does this mean? We've been to Crown Grill / Sterling Steakhouse 8 times. The only "extras" we've ever been charged were for drinks and wine.

I have been looking at the double lamb chop. Anyone tried it?

As with everything, it depends on the ship. I had an exquisite double lamb chop on Star Princess. Cooked to perfection. On Golden Princess, it was just allright... Skipped it a couple of weeks ago on Crown Princess and opted for the ribeye instead. :)

35 days until we sail. The package includes a bottle of wine (might even be drinkable!) and a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Hopefully they supply a certificate for Crown Grill. If they give us one for Sabatini's I think we will try to swap it at the customer service desk. (I will probably try to swap the wine certificate for OBC.)

I really (really, really) would like to order the rib eye but simply can't eat that much any longer. Sigh... I will be forced to settle for the filet. It's not nearly as flavorful but I'll suffer through somehow. Like many others here, I generally don't want my beef cooked past medium-rare.

I have to wonder how much the food experience in CG depends on the actual cut of meat and how much depends on the person who is preparing it. I'm sure they must occasionally get a poorer piece of meat but I've seen some pretty nice beef turned into total poop by poor preparation.

I really (really, really) would like to order the rib eye but simply can't eat that much any longer. Sigh... I will be forced to settle for the filet. It's not nearly as flavorful but I'll suffer through somehow.

You can order it (ribeye) and just eat half.... I would take a ribeye over filet any day.

35 days until we sail. The package includes a bottle of wine (might even be drinkable!) and a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Hopefully they supply a certificate for Crown Grill. If they give us one for Sabatini's I think we will try to swap it at the customer service desk. (I will probably try to swap the wine certificate for OBC.)

I really (really, really) would like to order the rib eye but simply can't eat that much any longer. Sigh... I will be forced to settle for the filet. It's not nearly as flavorful but I'll suffer through somehow. Like many others here, I generally don't want my beef cooked past medium-rare.

I have to wonder how much the food experience in CG depends on the actual cut of meat and how much depends on the person who is preparing it. I'm sure they must occasionally get a poorer piece of meat but I've seen some pretty nice beef turned into total poop by poor preparation.

You can order it (ribeye) and just eat half.... I would take a ribeye over filet any day.

I can't bring myself to willfully waste the other half of the steak.

Hey, Thrak!

If you really, really want the rib eye order it...they won't make you eat all of it. Just leave some on the plate.:D