Cabins near the Hideaway

Compass Rose Monica

It is noisy near the hideaway? Looking at cabins on deck 7 and 8, the angled/hump cabins. I don't think there are glass doors to block that area of the hideaway. Not sure though.

Thanks,

Monica

The Hideway is one of the upper deck areas in the Atrium on S-Class Ships... So what you are essentially asking is:

Is there overflow noise from the Attrium that effects those cabins leading onto / off or on the hump itself ?

Personally, my answer to that Question would be NO

We were in a Concierge C2 Cabin - # 1120 first off the hump aft side on The Solstice in 2012 and never had an issue with noise coming from The Attrium

Now mind you, we are not the wallflower type... So we were up and about enjoying the ship for the entire evening... From Cocktail Hour to at least Midnight. Most of the Music Acts that perform in The Attrium do so in the evening hours... And as I recall they don't do so in this space late into the night.

If there are any late night / wee hour entertainment going on we found it to be in Celebrity Central, the Sky Lounge or up on the Pool Deck. Quasar the Nightclub on our ship was not extensively used, but then again it did have doors.

Speaking of doors...

As I recall there were doors in the area between The Attrium / Midship Elevators & the Cabin Area... But they were heavier fire doors that remained open... The only time I ever saw them closed was on E-Day when we were touring the ship... And they were closed until the Cabins were readied / available for new Pax

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Hi Monica

We were in 7264 which is one of the closest cabins to the Hideaway. It was totally quiet, even though the hideaway was very popular. No, there are no glass doors. This cabin is wonderfully located and we loved the large balcony. We would definitely book it again.

• Like 1

It is noisy near the hideaway? Looking at cabins on deck 7 and 8, the angled/hump cabins. I don't think there are glass doors to block that area of the hideaway. Not sure though.

Thanks,

Monica

It was very quiet, we did not have any issues... It has heavy doors (if I remember correctly) but they were opened all the time.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I looked on the Celebrity web site and noticed that the cabin I wanted was available (I guess the person that booked it canceled or changed cabins). I went ahead with a cabin on deck 9. Will keep the cabins near the hideaway for a future cruise but I like the idea of being a little higher up.

Monica

The Hideway is one of the upper deck areas in the Atrium on S-Class Ships... So what you are essentially asking is:

Is there overflow noise from the Attrium that effects those cabins leading onto / off or on the hump itself ?

Personally, my answer to that Question would be NO

We were in a Concierge C2 Cabin - # 1120 first off the hump aft side on The Solstice in 2012 and never had an issue with noise coming from The Attrium

<my snip>

Speaking of doors...

As I recall there were doors in the area between The Attrium / Midship Elevators & the Cabin Area... But they were heavier fire doors that remained open... The only time I ever saw them closed was on E-Day when we were touring the ship... And they were closed until the Cabins were readied / available for new Pax

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

From what I recall on the Solstice there is no hideaway, perhaps they put on on since I sailed her?

The Silhouette however, does have a hideaway, & it's a floor that does not have the auto sliding glass doors

Are there sliding doors to the cabin areas on Deck 8 on Silhouette from the Hideaway area? I have stayed in the same area on Eclispe and there are sliding doors to the elevator area.

No, there are no sliding doors on deck 8 or 7, which was the reason of my question. There are doors on deck 9. I ended up switching to cabin 9270 with my friends in 9268.

Monica

From what I recall on the Solstice there is no hideaway, perhaps they put on on since I sailed her?

The Silhouette however, does have a hideaway, & it's a floor that does not have the auto sliding glass doors

You are correct.

Read my post again... I never said there was a Hideaway on The Solstice... I said the OP's Question was essentially:

And I answered that Question. And now so have some others.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

You are correct.

Read my post again... I never said there was a Hideaway on The Solstice... I said the OP's Question was essentially:

And I answered that Question. And now so have some others.

Cheers!

My question was about the noise (if any) from the hideaway with people getting coffee in the a.m., but I do appreciate all the comments about any possible noise from the attrium. In any case, being on deck 9 is better than 7 for me, as I'll be two decks closer to the pool deck. :D

Monica

• 7 years later...

A little off topic but kind of related. 

Would really like to book either an Ocean View Cabin or an Aqua Class Cabin for differing reasons. However Ocean View Cabins are located on Deck 3 Plaza which has activity aft on deck 3 and above on  Deck 4 Promenade. Is there quite a bit of disturbance in these cabins on Deck 3?

Aqua Class Cabins are located on Deck 11 Penthouse which has activity above on Deck 12 Resort. But cabins aft of the elevators on Deck 11 seem to have cabins above on Deck 12. Is there quite a bit of disturbance in these cabins on Deck 11?  

If neither of these options pan out I will be booking one of the many Balcony Cabins that have cabins in decks above and below. 

Please let me know asap as I would like to book asap. 

My Best..........Dave 😊

On 11/17/2014 at 3:04 PM, Compass Rose Monica said:

Thanks,

Monica

Not at all, most people don't even know its there.  We have had cabins there on several occasions and there wasn't a soul in the place.  

2 hours ago, jzad said:

Not at all, most people don't even know its there.  We have had cabins there on several occasions and there wasn't a soul in the place.  

Plenty of teens met there on our recent Mediterranean cruise on Silhouette.

Edited by upwarduk

5 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

A little off topic but kind of related. 

Would really like to book either an Ocean View Cabin or an Aqua Class Cabin for differing reasons. However Ocean View Cabins are located on Deck 3 Plaza which has activity aft on deck 3 and above on  Deck 4 Promenade. Is there quite a bit of disturbance in these cabins on Deck 3?

Aqua Class Cabins are located on Deck 11 Penthouse which has activity above on Deck 12 Resort. But cabins aft of the elevators on Deck 11 seem to have cabins above on Deck 12. Is there quite a bit of disturbance in these cabins on Deck 11?  

If neither of these options pan out I will be booking one of the many Balcony Cabins that have cabins in decks above and below. 

Please let me know asap as I would like to book asap. 

My Best..........Dave 😊

If you are under the disco , deck 3 is horrendous. Again for us Aqua is a non starter for 3 reasons:

1) the cabins are high up.

2) we love to share tables at dinner with different people.

3) AI is compolsary and as we don't drink alcohol it just adds to the cost for no benefit.

Not one of your choices but for us it's always deck 7 mid ship.

12 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Thanks to all for the info. I did book a veranda cabin today on Deck 7.  # 7346. Assume that it is far enough toward the stern to avoid any gatherings at the Hideaway if there are any. 🤔

We have been right next to the hideaway never had an issues. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Plenty of teens met there on our recent Mediterranean cruise on Silhouette.

Hi Jackie, I know this is posted in the wrong place but I can't find your original post. Anyway I owe you an apology regarding the removal of Auto Tips with AI pricing. I have just read X's policy about these which clearly states that tips cannot be removed from Always Included or All Included bookings nor from 14 July 2022 Aqua or Suites. This is contrary to the information we received on Silhouette in May (although we have never removed the grats). Regards Geoff.

On 8/24/2022 at 7:12 PM, upwarduk said:

Geoff,

Rules are changing weekly!
Just wonder why it’s only Aqua or Suites specified.😱

We have never removed gratuities, but we don’t tip any more.

Because they are the only categories of cabin where AI is still compolsary. We also never remove the grats but do tip extra when appropriate - for example we always ask the Steward to "find' us to foot stools for the balcony as Anita cannot sit for long without her feet raised. The 💲10 is money well spent. 

• Like 1