Explorer- Port Canaveral Pier issues

rolloman

Wonder if the terminal will be ready for our 2-22-2015 FR cruise. Terminal and parking look nice so I will be glad to use it. We are on EX for 12-4-2014 so hope they clear up the problems that affected embarkation and disembarkation.

Last date I heard was mid January.

We were on the 11-15 Explorer cruise. This by far was the worst boarding we ever have experienced. We arrived (never got an email stating what time to arrive) around 11am. Lines were going every which way. They kept on moving us and others to different lines. Finally on the last line I refused to move. They told me it was the diamond and diamond plus line and I told them that there own staff put us here and this time I wasn't moving. It just wasn't us that they moved there.

We watched several people pass out along with a gentlemen that split his head open. Finally they brought out some water. We never got on board till almost 3pm. By the time we did get on I was in so much pain from standing in line that basically the first two days of the cruise was ruined as I was in pain.

Even though this happened and I know its not the norm, we had a wonderful cruise minus all the people complaining on board. I swear I have never seen so many people complaining about every single thing. One guy complained that there was not enough food choices in the Windjammer. This whole thing about complaining to get something for free is sad. A cruise is what you make of it. Things happen and they try to do their best.

All this said I would still do it again in a heartbeat as the crew was the best we have ever had and she was and is a beautiful ship!

Thank you for your report. Now we will get to the ship arounf 2:30 to 3PM.

We are on this cruise. Always part at the port but thinking of parking off site. We can then avoid this and also save money. Can someone tell me the best place to park off site. We will be heading south from Atlanta.

We use Park N Cruise as well. Never had a problem with them

Hi fellow cruisers: I have also heard from several that the Dec. 27th. Pier 1 opening will be delayed. The west side of terminal as well as the terminal & garage are not the problem. The entire east side is all dirt , and the pier wall is being poured, but has close to 50% to go. The dredging continues and the pier wall has to be completed before the final dock apron can be poured. Bob

If their history with Terminal six is any judge, even after they get all of the concrete poured and cured, they still have to install and test all of the bollards and fender piles, and there will still be one-two weeks getting the mobile gantries debugged and working properly. They're on site and being assembled, but there's a lot of work and training involved to get them to function effectively. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a December opening;)

If their history with Terminal six is any judge, even after they get all of the concrete poured and cured, they still have to install and test all of the bollards and fender piles, and there will still be one-two weeks getting the mobile gantries debugged and working properly. They're on site and being assembled, but there's a lot of work and training involved to get them to function effectively. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a December opening;)
Will watch this thread and others about the new terminal opening as well as the web cam. We knew a few weeks ago that Terminal 1 would not be ready for our 12-4-2014 EX cruise but hope it will be ready for our 2-22-2015 FR cruise.

Just returned today from the Thanksgiving cruise. Embarkation nightmare for most. Debarkation nightmare as well. I have never seen traffic backed up like I saw on embarkation day. The ship left about an hour and a half late to due to luggage not being brought on board. The shuttle between the two piers was reported to me from several to be around an hour. Folks were parking and walking almost a mile because pier 6 does not have enough spaces. Now that the pier is not going to be finished by January..they certainly have a lot of things to fix going forward.

Just returned today from the Thanksgiving cruise. Embarkation nightmare for most. Debarkation nightmare as well. I have never seen traffic backed up like I saw on embarkation day. The ship left about an hour and a half late to due to luggage not being brought on board. The shuttle between the two piers was reported to me from several to be around an hour. Folks were parking and walking almost a mile because pier 6 does not have enough spaces. Now that the pier is not going to be finished by January..they certainly have a lot of things to fix going forward.
Did you sail from terminal 6 and return to terminal 10? Some folks on another forum that has to be nameless on CC reported that embarkation was not too bad for today's cruise. We sail on a Thursday so only ship in port is a small Carnival ship. Debarkation on 12-13-2014 may be another story.

We are on this cruise. Always part at the port but thinking of parking off site. We can then avoid this and also save money. Can someone tell me the best place to park off site. We will be heading south from Atlanta.

We've always used park Port Canaveral at the Raddison on 528/A1A or directly across the street. $8.95 per day if you pre-pay online. $9.95 per day if you don't. Plenty of shuttle buses.

Did you sail from terminal 6 and return to terminal 10? Some folks on another forum that has to be nameless on CC reported that embarkation was not too bad for today's cruise. We sail on a Thursday so only ship in port is a small Carnival ship. Debarkation on 12-13-2014 may be another story.

Yes. I am glad to hear they embarked with no issues. Probably because they sailed out of the RCCL pier 10 instead of the NCL pier 6 as we did.

Yes. I am glad to hear they embarked with no issues. Probably because they sailed out of the RCCL pier 10 instead of the NCL pier 6 as we did.
Hoping this is true on Thursday as we are sailing out of Terminal 10 --- DH has no patience but I don't care -- just glad to be going on a cruise. I am tired and need the rest.

My boyfriend and I are cruising out on Dec 13. He is in a wheelchair. We were parking at the pier in the handicapped parking. How are we going to get where we need to be? Are shuttles accessible?

Were on Nov. 15-24 cruise and there were 4 Mears buses available right outside of departure exit but only 3 had one lift working for power/wheelchair persons unable to walk (my wife was in a power chair and only one spot on each bus). We got back to our van by 12:00 noon and got onto Beeline to Orlando with no further problems (just traffic backed up to port all the way onto Beeline). Got to port at 9:30am and still waited 3 hours to get on ship. Good Luck

I'm on a B2B so I'm assuming that the 1st cruise will disembark at the same terminal that 2nd leg embarks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But how do you know where embarking occurs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That would be a real surprise if you had to change terminals between cruises.;)

The current arrangement seems to be shuttling Explorer between 10 and 6. A B2B gets you back to where you left from

But how do you know where embarking occurs

From the Docs.

"Port

Port Canaveral, Florida

Pier Terminal

Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1

9050 Discovery Road

Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920"

Edited by FLACRUISER99

From the Docs.