Sailing on Quantum DEC !-----problems!!!

riviera

typoLeaving on Monday Dec 1 2014 We have had reservations for this cruise from the first day you could book. Later, when we were permitted, we booked our show and dinner reservations and printed them out. We got the same text and phone call on Wednesday from RCCL telling us to reprint and check our documents and "please respond to verify you got this message"

I reprinted our documents. The setsail pass only had a different muster station. WHEW!

However, the cruise planner calendar shows we only have a couple of dinner reservations now and of course, we are within a few days of sailing so can no long make reservations on line.

Also, a couple of our show times have been changed.. WHAT???? You make random changes and then notify us just a few days before sailing? Anyone else experience this for the Quantum? I would imagine it will be a nightmare on board making dinner reservations. I had hoped that I would be able to relax and enjoy this new ship, since I made all my reservations so early.

Edited by riviera
typo

Dropped reservations are the norm until RCI fixes their IT problems.

The show times were changed to show the time you are supposed to show up (15 min ealrier) and not the show time itself. Should not be an issue going forward once everyone gets used to it.

Making reservations on board will not be a nightmare - simply pick up the phone in your cabin upon arrival and ask for what you want. Or you can talk to the host at the venue of your choice.

Thank you both. We are 3 couples traveling together, but if we can just pick up the phone in the room and make reservations, that will be wonderful!! My main concern was that they didn't notify us until it was too late to rebook anything. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now off to work I go!! Feeling better.... :)

Thank you both. We are 3 couples traveling together, but if we can just pick up the phone in the room and make reservations, that will be wonderful!! My main concern was that they didn't notify us until it was too late to rebook anything. Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you want to dine together, ensure that you have the other couple's cabin # when you call to link them to your reservation.

If your sea pass cards are now in your room upon embarking the Quantum are your pictures taken?

How about the bumper cars no one seems to mention them?

Yes, the photo you have uploaded or the photo taken at check-in are visible on all the card readers and point of sale systems. Photos even show up for dinner reservations and entry to the shows.

If your sea pass cards are now in your room upon embarking the Quantum are your pictures taken?

How about the bumper cars no one seems to mention them?

As already noted, the photos you uploaded or that are taken at the terminal will show up on your sea pass card, so if anyone should take your card they won't be able to use it to make any purchases.

What did you want to know about the bumper cars? I had a good time on them.

Edited by negc

we had problems with our reservations, no one answered the phone after 100 rings, then after about 50 rings guest services answered, they could not get them on the phone. They walked down and had guest services callus. With times after 9 pm, which is too late for us. I hope they have fixed this on your cruise.

If you have an iPhone or other Apple device you can download the Royal IQ app. Once you're onboard you can make dinner and show reservations with that. I think there are also stations around the ship, but I didn't notice them. I found the app surprisingly efficient - we were having a cup of coffee while waiting for our rooms to be ready and played around with it then. I'm not sure if the Android version is out yet.

If you have an iPhone or other Apple device you can download the Royal IQ app. Once you're onboard you can make dinner and show reservations with that. I think there are also stations around the ship, but I didn't notice them. I found the app surprisingly efficient - we were having a cup of coffee while waiting for our rooms to be ready and played around with it then. I'm not sure if the Android version is out yet.

There are a bunch of iPad minis at the entry to Guest Services that have the app running on them. No Android (or Win Phone) version yet.

We too are sailing on the Quantam on Dec. 1st. I went on line a few weeks ago and it reflected that we had only reserved 5 nights of dining, but we had reserved for every night. I got concerned and called RC. They said that it was a website issue and our reservations were for every night. It will be interesting to see how this cruise goes....as it will be going to warmer weather and it is 11 nights. We are already booked for the Anthem next year at this time. We're a bit anxious about not having the MDR! We've always enjoyed the experience of that. We're also booked for the Oasis in April which will then have DD as well. Heck tho I'm just so happy to be going on vacation at this point and not having to cook myself I don't think I'll be disappointed:)

There is no need to "link" reservations for anything except traditional seating in the dining rooms....which Quantum does NOT have.

Have you been on the Quantum? Or read anything about Dynamic Dining? Uh huh.

OP, this is simply not correct. Ignore it.

We are two couples traveling together. We had our dinner reservations linked, when we made reservations for both dinner AND entertainment the other couples names appeared AFTER we made each reservation to see that they will be linked at the same time as us. We all received emails confirming all our reservations together with each day and time documented. I will be taking these emails with us in case there is any problem. I am hoping the Dynamic Dining will be worth all this planning and trouble.

typoLeaving on Monday Dec 1 2014 We have had reservations for this cruise from the first day you could book. Later, when we were permitted, we booked our show and dinner reservations and printed them out. We got the same text and phone call on Wednesday from RCCL telling us to reprint and check our documents and "please respond to verify you got this message"

I reprinted our documents. The setsail pass only had a different muster station. WHEW!

However, the cruise planner calendar shows we only have a couple of dinner reservations now and of course, we are within a few days of sailing so can no long make reservations on line.

Also, a couple of our show times have been changed.. WHAT???? You make random changes and then notify us just a few days before sailing? Anyone else experience this for the Quantum? I would imagine it will be a nightmare on board making dinner reservations. I had hoped that I would be able to relax and enjoy this new ship, since I made all my reservations so early.

This is 'the' major problem with the new, larger, shopping mall ships, everything must be booked ahead of time, or you will stand in line and wait, and maybe told 'sorry, we're all booked up for tonight'!:eek:

If you don't have reservations, nothing on these floating shopping mall ships, (restaurants, theaters, bars, etc.) can handle the crowds if others decide to avail themselves with what you've chosen, you're just outta luck!:eek:

If you don't have reservations, nothing on these floating shopping mall ships, (restaurants, theaters, bars, etc.) can handle the crowds if others decide to avail themselves with what you've chosen, you're just outta luck!:eek:

RCI is betting that there's won't be any of this "herd" mentality on DD ships. If they get it wrong, yeah, that won't be pretty.

Some of that is unavoidable with DD - when the early show gets out, there will inevitably be a line to get into the restaurants, even for those with reservations.

Lines out to the elevator lobby from the deck 4 restaurants (mostly Grande) was the norm at certain times.

Edited by Biker19

• 3 weeks later...

Because we could only book one show and one restaurant on line before we cruised we were at a considerable disadvantage when it came to booking the restaurants and shows we wanted when we wanted them, we wasted too much time queuing to try and sort this out and then didn't get what we wanted because other cruisers that were allowed to book six months in advance had filled all the allocations ! How can this be fair ?

For example we could only get one reservation for the Grande because of this situation so were restricted to one formal night and yet we talked to other cruisers that had five nights booked !

As we like traditional dinning your not really winning us over to dynamic if we can't even book it.