No Quest on Quantum

I just got off the 8nt inaugural to the Bahamas. Cruise director staff said this and guest services confirmed.

Thanks. I just think it's odd with all the venues on that ship that there is no space that can be used for Quest.

Surely there are places to hold it. How about the Music Hall? Two70?

Sounds to me like an excuse for the CD and staff to do less actual activities.

This was apparent on our 3 day Quantum cruise. On sea days, all that was going on was trivia.

We spoke to many members of the activities crew on Quantum. They said that they have other responsibilities and job assignments in other areas. While they weren't complaining about working hard, it wasn't the kind of work they wanted to do. They all said that they prefer the other ships they've been on where they can do more entertaining and activities, and less alternative assignments. Some even said that they have already asked for transfers to those other ships.

Edited by DonnaK

This was apparent on our 3 day Quantum cruise. On sea days, all that was going on was trivia.

We spoke to many members of the activities crew on Quantum. They said that they have other responsibilities and job assignments in other areas. While they weren't complaining about working hard, it wasn't the kind of work they wanted to do. They all said that they prefer the other ships they've been on where they can do more entertaining and activities, and less alternative assignments. Some even said that they have already asked for transfers to those other ships.

That's interesting, I wonder what other assignments they are doing?

That's interesting, I wonder what other assignments they are doing?

Bumper cars, North Star are being run by all kinds of staff.... Youth staff, photographers, iFly employees. I completely agree with trivia comment! Very disappointing...

I saw activities staff working the rock wall and sea plex area a lot... Isn't that for the sports staff??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bumper cars, North Star are being run by all kinds of staff.... Youth staff, photographers, iFly employees. I completely agree with trivia comment! Very disappointing...

I saw activities staff working the rock wall and sea plex area a lot... Isn't that for the sports staff??

Yes, that has been my experience on other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have never seen sports venues run by anyone other than the sports staff. I would think that having other people man the rock wall would be a huge liability issue if someone did get hurt no matter what type of waiver they signed.

For years crew has done other jobs, waiters in mdr work windjammer, waiters in the SR's work other food venues during the day, stewards clean public areas, etc. :rolleyes:

That is not equivilent to entertainment staff doing jobs that don't involve entertaining. Food service personnel serving food in different areas around the ship and cleaners cleaning different areas around the ship is a perfectly logical practice that has been in place on every line I've sailed for as long as I can remember.

I would think that having other people man the rock wall would be a huge liability issue if someone did get hurt no matter what type of waiver they signed.

Agree 100%. Those waivers only get the cruise line so far. For the sake of argument (not accusing RCI of doing this), having untrained or undertrained staff handling safety equipment that subsequently fails is a big problem that starts to get into the realm of gross negligence.

Edited by Dave85

I think this is interesting. On our TA this fall one of the members of the activities staff was leaving the ship when we did for vacation and then to join the Quantum. She was very excited. I wonder if she likes it.

How much trivia do they expect you to do!!!!!!

That is not equivilent to entertainment staff doing jobs that don't involve entertaining. Food service personnel serving food in different areas around the ship and cleaners cleaning different areas around the ship is a perfectly logical practice that has been in place on every line I've sailed for as long as I can remember.

I have a bridge for sale:rolleyes:

There was no Quest on my 5 night Liberty cruise last month, so I wonder if they are phasing it out. :confused:

Based on the reports from different ships I wonder if they're starting to leave the decision as to whether to hold the Quest to the individual CD's discretion. It's been held on every single RCI cruise I've been on, so this is certainly a departure.

I have a bridge for sale:rolleyes:

Do you have an actual response to what I posted, or are we just being grumpy today? If you do, I'm happy to continue the discussion.

We did a cruise on the Carribean Princess Nov 10th and they had the Quest it was in a lounge and they structured it with teams of no more then 10.

We won it with a team of 7 members. Not as crazy as the one we did on the Oasis west bound Trans Atlantic but lots of fun. Winners were awarded a bottle of bubbly wine.

Even on our Viking river cruise this October they had a Quest type activity where teams had to send members up to dance or sing and guess songs from a few notes. Our team of 6 was awarded a bottle of bubbly for our efforts that night, the scoring and awarding of points was very suspect but it was fun and got a pretty stuffy crowd participating.

If they can do it when a Viking ship carries less pax and staff then an Oasis life boat can hold then and only one lounge they can do it on the Quantum if they want to.

We found this no venue big enough excuse with most activities on our Oasis Trans Atlantic crossings.

They never used the Comedy club for anything and when it had a show the host would comment with "Who thought a club that seats 90 people on a ship that carries 6,000 passengers was a good idea?".

I miss spoke they started using the club for church services as I believe they got rid of the Chapel during dry dock, now that was a very classy and ironic move.

After experiencing both Oasis crossings this fall we canceled our Quantum Barcelona to Singapore repositioning cruise once home as we are sure it will be as poorly managed as the Oasis crossings.

How about they think out of the box and use smaller teams and do it in the basketball, bumper car gym. Teams could stand and huddle if they have smaller numbers and just stand. They won't have seats for watchers but they could work something out if they want to. It is a small number of passengers who actually participate it seems,

Edited by baldercash