Stockholders rejoice

RLM77

As with the rest of the market, there's bound to be a "correction" around the corner. There's no underlying fundamentals to support such high stock price.:cool:

Sure there are- favorable pricing, more early bookings, demand for higher priced cruises, Asian market, lower crude. All this means higher profits and growth of profits and revenues. Could be $88 in one year according to some analysts. I don't predict though. I just buy and hold (for over 6 years now)

she only has 10 shares?

Actually something like a 110.. I was making a joke mostly. 4 points 100 shares, $40...

I am thinking that in our portfolio I have two stocks that are probably the worst investments we have made, other than cars and houses, and electronics...:D are RCI and CCL. We bought a 100+ of each and have earned a few hundred bucks of OBC before they took away combineabilty. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the bad investment, but RCI on the S&P even if I had 1000s of shares is really in the long run no big deal.

That said, let's toast an up day.:D

jc

I pity all of those people that bought the stock several years ago when it was under 6 bucks a share...Hope they did not sell at 8 bucks! :eek:

Mike

LOL! My wife wouldn't let me buy it at $7. I'd be upset if our other choices hadn't done better and/or almost as good but it gives me ammo every time we disagree on an investment. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually something like a 110.. I was making a joke mostly. 4 points 100 shares, $40...

I am thinking that in our portfolio I have two stocks that are probably the worst investments we have made, other than cars and houses, and electronics...:D are RCI and CCL. We bought a 100+ of each and have earned a few hundred bucks of OBC before they took away combineabilty. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the bad investment, but RCI on the S&P even if I had 1000s of shares is really in the long run no big deal.

jc

I heard that RCI leases Oasis and Allure from you.

jc

it's not $40

We used to have some stock because there was a benefit/bonus of OBC when you had over 100 shares. They changed it so it could not be combined with other offers so there was no longer any point in having the stock. Made a bit of cash when sold but sure didn't have trouble hauling the surplus to the bank! Have the benefits changed in any way?

We used to have some stock because there was a benefit/bonus of OBC when you had over 100 shares. They changed it so it could not be combined with other offers so there was no longer any point in having the stock. Made a bit of cash when sold but sure didn't have trouble hauling the surplus to the bank! Have the benefits changed in any way?

Benefit: Bought at $10, sold at $60. Their stock will be funding my shareholder OBC for a loooong time before it runs out;)

We did not buy the stock for its OBC benefit, but when we can use it (as sometimes we don't use other discounts) -- it is fine: like this past weekend on Her Majesty.

We bought it last year and it has gone up in price nicely in 50 weeks. I look forward to it continuing to rise. I guess I could say, as a stockholder I have a vested interest in the decisions the home office makes and its impact on the fun cruisers have.

RCL stock officially joined the S and P 500 today after the market close. This forces many index, mutual funds to have to buy the stock to stay in compliance with the prospectus of the fund. Up, up it goes.

Very true regarding index funds. Most other mutual funds are free to choose which stocks they buy but are influenced by the s and p composition as their returns are compared to the returns of that index.

As for 'Up,up' as Isaac Newton used to say; " What goes up ......." ;)

Edited by DirtyDawg