Is this banned or would it be taken?

We also carry one similar to the one pictured. Never had a problem. I think the ones that are confiscated are the steamers that look like irons. No irons as they can be a fire hazard. We send our steamer in our checked luggage. It is usually in 2 pieces for packing ease. Again, no problem. If it is, they will just hold it for you until the end of the cruise and give it back.

Although steamers are not listed under the list of banned items such as irons and hot plates and extension cords, it could be considered a banned item. We had a friend who was a first time cruiser who packed an iron in her checked bag, I got a call to go to security due to "contraband" item in suitcase. They kept the iron until we got off. Then we forgot to collect it at when we left the port. RCCL mailed the iron to her.

It is a neat item, we might need to get one ourselves.

Can anyone tell me if the below product would be banned from being taken on a RCCL cruise ship? It is a ultra mini travel steamer. I am assuming it may, but thought I would check.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Steamer-850-Travel/dp/B003ZT2ZQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417579648&sr=8-1&keywords=Ultra+Mini+Travel+Steamer

We bought this exact same one for our Explorer repo cruise on 1st Nov, unfortunately it didn't get delivered in time and arrived in the post 2 days after we left so I didn't get to use it......... will keep it ready for next time though lol

wendy

x

There are already steamers in every room. All we do when we want to steam out a few wrinkles is crank the shower all the way to hot, hang the garment in the bathroom, and close the door. 5-10 minutes usually does the trick:)

I have a Sunbeam Travel Steamer, but it's a wand style shape. I've taken it on every cruise, including Liberty and Oasis. I've always packed it in checked luggage, wrapped the cord around it (the same way most women wrap their curling iron cords), then I wrap my husband's belt around it. I don't know if that helps or not, but I've never been called to the naughty room. :)

I have a Sunbeam Travel Steamer, but it's a wand style shape. I've taken it on every cruise, including Liberty and Oasis. I've always packed it in checked luggage, wrapped the cord around it (the same way most women wrap their curling iron cords), then I wrap my husband's belt around it. I don't know if that helps or not, but I've never been called to the naughty room. :)

That sort of resembles ours! So hopefully it will be ok!

There are already steamers in every room. All we do when we want to steam out a few wrinkles is crank the shower all the way to hot, hang the garment in the bathroom, and close the door. 5-10 minutes usually does the trick:)

Yep, as someone who used to travel lots on business, I learned that trick years ago for hotel rooms - works equally well on cruise ship cabins in our experience! :)

Can anyone tell me if the below product would be banned from being taken on a RCCL cruise ship? It is a ultra mini travel steamer. I am assuming it may, but thought I would check.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Steamer-850-Travel/dp/B003ZT2ZQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417579648&sr=8-1&keywords=Ultra+Mini+Travel+Steamer

thanks for the link - I just ordered one for myself.

Banned, but,,,,,,:confused:

I have this steamer, purchased this mini travel along with the full size one from HSN a few years back and I got both of them for about the same price (or less?) as the one shown. Sold under the Joy Mangano brand at HSN.

It is AWESOME and a few people who have used it while staying at my home have ended up buying one as well.

I've never taken it on a cruise, however. Just don't want to take the chance of spending any time in line at the "naughty room" on my first evening aboard, even if they ended up not confiscating it.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

We take a steamer with us on every cruise. I was called to the naughty room one time because they couldn't tell what is was when it was scanned. Once they saw it they appologized for the inconvenience and sent us on our way with the steamer.

Same here. I take a steamer similar to this on every cruise. On my last RCL sailing, I was called to the naughty room. But once they saw the culprit was not an iron, they sent me off with the steamer and an apology. So I think you should be safe.

Just thinking out loud here......Could this be used as a kettle to make a cup of tea? Just take off the steamer head and have the boiling water. Love my tea in the morning and would be nice right in the cabin.