A la carte pricing at Johnny Rockets?

renee1222

I just read where JR now has no cover charge, just a la carte pricing on the Quantum. Can anyone confirm if this change is fleetwide? We are sailing on Freedom this Sunday and plan to eat there at least once. Just curious if the pricing might be different.

Thanks!

When RCI started charging a cover for Johnny Rocket's it was not implimented across the fleet all at one time. It hit the various ships at different times so the same thing may happen with this change. And I highly suspect the change will make its way fleet wide but we will see.

I just read where JR now has no cover charge, just a la carte pricing on the Quantum. Can anyone confirm if this change is fleetwide? We are sailing on Freedom this Sunday and plan to eat there at least once. Just curious if the pricing might be different.

Thanks!

JRs on Quantum is different from on other ships, it is more of a take away than a sit in.

Yes it is a la carte. It is not staying on Quantum though, JRs is coming off her when she goes to Asia. I think this is why it is a totally different set up on Quantum.

Have not seen or heard anything about JRs going a la carte on any other ships.

Wow, seems that the current pricing for JR's on Quantum are certainly more than fair. Given the fact that most people would order one burger and partake of the free fries, and/or o-rings put on the table onboard the other ships, by paying the current prices and adding that always-auto 15%, you still come out ahead of the $4.95 cover.

This, unfortunately, would not be the case for those ordering more than one sandwich, or adding desert and the menu is much more limited than the other JR's.

JRs on Quantum is different from on other ships, it is more of a take away than a sit in.

Yes it is a la carte. It is not staying on Quantum though, JRs is coming off her when she goes to Asia. I think this is why it is a totally different set up on Quantum.

Have not seen or heard anything about JRs going a la carte on any other ships.

Have they said that officially? Because JR's is on Mariner and Voyager and those both sail in Asia. Edited by Royalty X

I'm using fast-food chains cause I think it's a fair comparison....

How is the food at JR's compared to say, Burger King?

Curious about both Breakfast, and the lunch stuff please.

Burger King has garbage compared to JR burgers. They are hand formed and nice sized juicy patties. On land they are cooked to order. ( don't recall being able to get rare at sea) and you can get them on whole wheat buns or bread. They have real fries and onion rings. and on land sweet potato fries ( not at sea). Plus great shakes.

The breakfast is only on the oasis class ships. Eggs just about any way you want with toast and so on.

Burger King has garbage compared to JR burgers. They are hand formed and nice sized juicy patties. On land they are cooked to order. ( don't recall being able to get rare at sea) and you can get them on whole wheat buns or bread. They have real fries and onion rings. and on land sweet potato fries ( not at sea). Plus great shakes.

The breakfast is only on the oasis class ships. Eggs just about any way you want with toast and so on.

okay - 2 questions - are the shakes at JR included in the cover charge? Also - I had heard that the breakfast at JR on Oasis is complementary - or I should say included in the fare.. can anyone confirm??

okay - 2 questions - are the shakes at JR included in the cover charge? Also - I had heard that the breakfast at JR on Oasis is complementary - or I should say included in the fare.. can anyone confirm??

No, shakes are not included. From memory they were about $5 - If you're a C&A member you will receive a coupon for buy one get one.

Yes, breakfast is included in the fare and we found it to be very good.

THANKS - I guess I should've clarified.

How is Johnny Rocket's "at sea" - compared to Burger King on land?

Thanks

THANKS - I guess I should've clarified.

How is Johnny Rocket's "at sea" - compared to Burger King on land?

Thanks

Have eaten at JR's on quite a few different RCI ships and, unfortunately, each visit has been different for me. The burgers I've had have gone from OK to REALLY HOT, JUICY and FRESH tasting. Maybe it depends on the cook? Burgers are cooked on a "flat-top" and won't have a char-grilled flavor. The fries and onion rings are always good. Yes, the shakes cost extra and I have only tried the chocolate; once it was entirely too sweet, but usually really good.

Sorry, can't tell you about the deserts (included) as I've never had room after a burger, shake and plenty of those great O-rings!

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Edited by dreamer976

Thanks! I think I'll be using JR quite a bit on my upcoming RCCL cruise which is my first RCCL.

I find burgers on cruises to be "ok" at best - so I'm looking forward to a real burger place and if it's Burger King or even better, I'm a happy camper.

Pretty much any burger on land or sea will rank ahead of McDonald's or Burger King.

Other than ones sitting in a buffet tray on a cruise-ship.

I was merely looking for confirmation as to how JR is - and McD and BK are good comparisons cause most ppl are familiar with it - vs my favorite little burger joint down the street.

Furthermore, there are times where *gasp* chain restaurants or fast food restaurants are quite yummy.

Glad to hear JR is better.

I still cannot believe that with all the excellent food options on the ships,

people will still flock to eat at JR.

And even worse, they pay extra for it.

I would not ever eat at JR if it was included..

Edited by matj2000