Breakfast options??

RyanMFitz1

Is breakfast served in the MDR onboard Princess ships (regal)? On my previous cruises, I know the buffet always had breakfast, but I am INSANELY CRAZY for Eggs Benedict. I hope my insanity for my favorite caloric egg dish will be served

On the Ruby two weeks ago Eggs Benedict was available every morning that I went to the buffet but as stated above only once or so in the MDR. And for reference even though Princess does not have an official cook-to-order egg/omelet station in the HC you just have to ask the person behind the hot station and they will usually accommodate.

Edited by fishywood

DH is a fan and finds the ones made to order on HAL the best of all the mainstream lines. And they are available at their daily breakfast buffet.:) In fact we find they have had the best (hottest and tastiest) breakfast buffets we've had as of late. We agree that we've had at best average breakfast buffet on Princess. Generally leading us to have most breakfasts as continental on our balcony.

Edited by eandj

Does anyone know if eggs benedict are available the first morning in the dining room?

The MDR that serves breakfast each morning will have the next morning's menu posted outside the door as soon as dinner ends the night before.

I have never noticed the sequence of the two daily specials to be predictable from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Don't get your hopes up too high. We had some pretty poor EB in MDR. My wife and I both love EB and were terribly disappointed when we ordered it for breakfast. Hopefully your experience will be better.

I'm told that the full suite passengers can get very good EB by exercising their option to eat breakfast in Sabatini's but, for the rest of us, that isn't an option.

We are off the Regal as of yesterday. We ate breakfast in the MDR on all but one day and I did not see eggs benedict on the menu any of those days. On sea days when the MDR was open for lunch EB was on the menu as a brunch item. Breakfasts in the MDR were very good, with plenty of choices. The day we ate breakfast in the Horizon Court they had EB, but honestly it wasn't very good. They had either thin sliced ham or salmon in place of Canadian bacon and the egg yolks were cooked very hard.

DH is a fan and finds the ones made to order on HAL the best of all the mainstream lines. And they are available at their daily breakfast buffet.:) In fact we find they have had the best (hottest and tastiest) breakfast buffets we've had as of late. We agree that we've had at best average breakfast buffet on Princess. Generally leading us to have most breakfasts as continental on our balcony.

eandj, Glad you mentioned HAL!

wnt2loveuforever, if you really love Eggs Benedict, you should try cruising Holland America sometime. They have an EB station at their morning breakfast buffet, where they make EB about a dozen different ways. :D With shrimp, with spinach, with crab, etc... Any way you like them!

Have a great cruise. :)

Don't know what the schedule is, but the buffet has Eggs Benedict on occasion. Just got off the 15 day LA-Hawaii-LA and there Eggs Benedict (or a variation) 3 or 4 times that I noticed. Only problem, they are never as warm as in the MDR.:rolleyes:
I think they're in the buffet every 3-4 days. However, they are not nearly as good as freshly-made in the dining room. Even if they come right out of the kitchen in the buffet, I've found the muffin soggy and the Hollandaise dried out. Much, much better in the dining room.

On our recent 11 night cruise we had breakfast in the dining room about half the time and in the Horizon Court on port days. I missed out on the Eggs Benedict. I think it is usually on the dining room menu once a week, but it must have been available in the dining room when I had breakfast in the buffet, and vice versa.

At breakfast in the dining room on the last day, I remarked that I'd missed out on the eggs benedict. The waiter immediately said he could get it for me. I was surprised and thanked him very much. I thought I would have had to order it a day in advance. On the other hand, that might have been the day the EB was available in the buffet. I never check out both venues. :)