Zuiderdam crew review

suznjune

Just off ship today from 10 day Sunfarer Panama Canal. I do not have lots of cruise experience, but I cannot imagine a better crew exists. Everyone you passed in the halls smiled and said hello. I did not see any unpleasant faces anywhere. There was constant cleaning and maintenance of outer deck.

Capt. Turner was just charming during his Q&A. Hamish, the Cruise Director has a wonderful way about him. Our stateroom steward Mus was very efficient and sweet. The girls in the shops were so helpful and dining room/wine stewards are very friendly. Several crew members were headed home for a break at the end of their contracts. Everyone I asked, said they were hoping to come back. I think that indicates a happy crew, which in turn makes happy passengers.

My trip on the Zuiderdam was so good that I have booked another cruise on her to the Mediterranean next Sept. I hope I will see many of the same crew. :p

Just off ship today from 10 day Sunfarer Panama Canal. I do not have lots of cruise experience, but I cannot imagine a better crew exists. Everyone you passed in the halls smiled and said hello. I did not see any unpleasant faces anywhere. There was constant cleaning and maintenance of outer deck.

Capt. Turner was just charming during his Q&A. Hamish, the Cruise Director has a wonderful way about him. Our stateroom steward Mus was very efficient and sweet. The girls in the shops were so helpful and dining room/wine stewards are very friendly. Several crew members were headed home for a break at the end of their contracts. Everyone I asked, said they were hoping to come back. I think that indicates a happy crew, which in turn makes happy passengers.

My trip on the Zuiderdam was so good that I have booked another cruise on her to the Mediterranean next Sept. I hope I will see many of the same crew. :p

So glad that you had a happy and friendly crew on your cruise.

DH and I just came back from this ship, and yes, the staff was EXCEPTIONAL!! We've done 19 cruises on HAL, and were highly impressed with the friendliness and warmth of every staff member we encountered. Kudos to Captain Chris Turner!!

It's always nice to hear good things about the people who take care of us on cruises. We are looking forward to a return to the Zuiderdam (which was our first DAM ship) in February for the same itinerary you just completed.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We also just returned from 10 days on the Zuiderdam. The WONDERFUL staff was the highlight of this cruise. We hit 3 stars this cruise on HAL and booked another also. I spent lots of time in the spa, which was fabulous and the staff so helpful and accommodating. My daughter and husband did tours and I got pampered. Thank You HAL and best to all the wonderful people we met onboard.

suznjune, and MrsCopper, care to share any highlights of the itinerary? Anything you'd have done different - taken a different tour, spent more time in a special place onboard, etc.?

We've cruised this itinerary previously, but not on the Zuiderdam, so any thoughts you'd like to share would be appreciated!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Our daughter did the Embara tour also and loved. My 73 year old husband and daughter, 56, went zip lining and my husband swam with the Dolphins and we have wonderful pictures. I managed to hit the spa, for massage, acupuncture. The staff in the spa was wonderful and professional. Everything about this Cruise was perfect. We ate at both the speciality venues, and enjoyed, but the main dining room was great and our waiter was the best. My daughter is a vegetarian and they have a special menu if you ask for it, this pleased her.