Croque Monsieur

Merlinite

6 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I will tell you why and you should note that if you check my posts, I do provide good and sometimes long answers to questions that are difficult to research on Google.  However, I do not see the point of providing a long answer to a question that an OP could research on Google by typing 2 or 3 words and clicking on the first or second hit.  Also, I feel that I have answered the question often by telling them what words to type.  Maybe and it is probably a hopeless hope that these people will learn that Google should be your first go-to tool.  No question that CC is also a good research tool but it should not be your first research tool.

DON

Don-  You sound like you work for Google.  Maybe the OP didn't want to be getting endless popup ads for Croque Monsieur every time they went on the internet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I really am surprised at those that laugh at the Croque Monsieur term.   This is a very common sandwich (along with its Croque Madame cousin) found throughout France in numerous cafes and restaurants (as a luncheon item).  The version we have had on Princess often fails because by the time it gets served it has become luke warm (or cold) and somewhat limp.  But it is still a decent option for those wanting a ham & cheese sandwich (often made with gruyere).

Hank

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I will tell you why and you should note that if you check my posts, I do provide good and sometimes long answers to questions that are difficult to research on Google.  However, I do not see the point of providing a long answer to a question that an OP could research on Google by typing 2 or 3 words and clicking on the first or second hit.  Also, I feel that I have answered the question often by telling them what words to type.  Maybe and it is probably a hopeless hope that these people will learn that Google should be your first go-to tool.  No question that CC is also a good research tool but it should not be your first research tool.

DON

But the answer wouldnt provide him with what princess means and frankly Princess" version and the internet's version are not the same. Can you imagine the poor op's disappointment if they thought they were getting a heavenly sandwich and they got a cold game and cheese? I dont agree that Google should be a persons first go to. I think community is awesome and it provides a wealth of information Google never could. You are under no obligation to read any post. If you think it's a silly question, you dont have to answer it. You just decided to shame someone for not doing it your way. Why? What weird superiority complex do you that you think you have to tell the OP they are wrong for asking the question and the rest of us are wrong for enjoying this post. A lot of us are super glad they asked!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I really am surprised at those that laugh at the Croque Monsieur term.   This is a very common sandwich (along with its Croque Madame cousin) found throughout France in numerous cafes and restaurants (as a luncheon item).  The version we have had on Princess often fails because by the time it gets served it has become luke warm (or cold) and somewhat limp.  But it is still a decent option for those wanting a ham & cheese sandwich (often made with gruyere).

Hank

I thought Madame was Monsieur's  wife?  It's his cousin?   LOL!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just didn't realize OP was being excoriated for a question asked almost five years ago.  :classic_wacko:

I guess there is no statued of limitations on questions concerning Croque Monsieur!  LOL!

Edited by suzyed
  • Haha 1