Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Today's conversation with RC summary

June Allure. MTD and traditional dining. No Coastal Kitchen.

October Freedom. MTD and traditional.

December Oasis. DD. Didn't ask about CK because we are not in that class of room

Changes day by day, but this is today's report

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The information on their website states that DD has been delayed but they are still promoting Coastal Kitchen as a suite benefit on Oasis class ships. This suggests strongly that Allure and Oasis will both have them.

However, as you say, it changes day by day. They really do need to get their act together on this.

The information on their website states that DD has been delayed but they are still promoting Coastal Kitchen as a suite benefit on Oasis class ships. This suggests strongly that Allure and Oasis will both have them.

However, as you say, it changes day by day. They really do need to get their act together on this.

Unfortunately you can't count on rccl's website being accurate. If you ask the customer service agents they may also not have the correct info.

I think this is big a problem with Royal at the moment. People spend a lot of money when they book a suite, and they deserve to know exactly what the product is to allow them to assess if the huge difference in price is worth it to them.

At the moment people who have already booked their suite don't seem to know exactly what the range of benefits will be, and that's not fair. There is a general list of suite benefits, but no specifics about the new arrangements as far as I am aware. Like you, I can't see them taking Coastal Kitchen away from Oasis, but there does seem to be uncertainty about Allure?

Whether it's the length of time that complimentary drinks are served, or the provision of new dining venues for suite guests, people deserve to know what they have bought, or intend to buy.

When Michael Bayley was CEO of Celebrity he introduced the concept of Suite dining and the "ship within a ship" concept for Suites as well as additional perks for suite guests, such as free specialty dining and free premium drink packages for the high end suites. Perhaps he'll do something like that on Royal? These suite perks are to be implemented on Celebrity starting in April 2015.

Today's conversation with RC summary

June Allure. MTD and traditional dining. No Coastal Kitchen.

October Freedom. MTD and traditional.

December Oasis. DD. Didn't ask about CK because we are not in that class of room

Changes day by day, but this is today's report

Interesting. They really need to make up their minds though.

So did you get the idea that Allure will not be getting DD at all (no changes in dry dock to the MDR?) or that it will also start in December, along with Oasis?

Sounds like chaos and confusion to me!

Well defined structure brings order to freeways, classrooms, travel and any activity where masses of people are engaged.

A well- designed plan is always tested before full implementation.

I remain incredulous that such a huge change was to be introduced without a trial run to work out all the problems in advance.

The management needs to read the Seven Habits of Highly Effective people.

We are on 11/7 Oasis and apparently we are back to MTD and are waitlisted for Traditional. UGH. We have zero interest in MTD - especially since the reports from Oasis on it have generally been negative. I really hope they get DD in place before our sailing. They've already messed us up since we moved from a regular GS to one of the new aft GS based on their promoting all the extra space. Well, they neglected to mention that the bathroom height is lower and that it is 2 separate rooms not one large room. We are unhappy with our room now and all the GS are currently sold out. We really hope some cancellations come up at final payment time because Mr Wolf is NOT looking forward to showering on his knees for a week! :eek: :(

We are on 11/7 Oasis and apparently we are back to MTD and are waitlisted for Traditional. UGH. We have zero interest in MTD - especially since the reports from Oasis on it have generally been negative. I really hope they get DD in place before our sailing. They've already messed us up since we moved from a regular GS to one of the new aft GS based on their promoting all the extra space. Well, they neglected to mention that the bathroom height is lower and that it is 2 separate rooms not one large room. We are unhappy with our room now and all the GS are currently sold out. We really hope some cancellations come up at final payment time because Mr Wolf is NOT looking forward to showering on his knees for a week! :eek: :(

That last statement is so wrong. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa
worthless auto correct

Interesting. They really need to make up their minds though.

So did you get the idea that Allure will not be getting DD at all (no changes in dry dock to the MDR?) or that it will also start in December, along with Oasis?

I had thought it was being scrapped indefinitely for all ships based on what I was told on the Oasis in December so now I have no idea what to think. I think the answer is RC doesn't know what their plans are either!

I know! But he's 6'5 and the only review I have seen of 12330 was that a 6'1 guy had to bend over to shower. If he's challenged, imagine how bad it will be for Mr Wolf!!!

That's not good. DW wants to book one and I'm in the 6'1" bracket. I guess I've been in worse. Good luck to you and Mr. Wolf.

So I assume that your avatar is not a current picture of you?:D

That would be my overly rambunctious grandson. Can't wait to get him on a ship. ;)

PS: I promise everyone he will be potty trained, sit quietly during dinner, not go in the pools alone, nor hangout in the Solarium, on the stairs, in the CL or the DL. I think I covered everything. Oh wait and he won't smoke on his balcony. :D

Edited by Big_G

That would be my overly rambunctious grandson. Can't wait to get him on a ship. ;)

PS: I promise everyone he will be potty trained, sit quietly during dinner, not go in the pools alone, nor hangout in the Solarium, on the stairs, in the CL or the DL. I think I covered everything. Oh wait and he won't smoke on his balcony. :D

Excuse me, forgot something. Can you please also start teaching him not to touch the elevator buttons also!!! :D:p;)

Excuse me, forgot something. Can you please also start teaching him not to touch the elevator buttons also!!! :D:p;)

Oh right. I'll give it my best shot. Right now he pushes as many buttons as he can find especially his mother's. :D

Oh right. I'll give it my best shot. Right now he pushes as many buttons as he can find especially his mother's. :D
At 75, I have had many years of having my buttons pushed - by siblings, parents, ex-husband, 3 children & 1 grandchild. I actually did LAUGH OUT LOUD at your post. Edited by Grandma Petania

You certainly know how to be proactive in calming down the inevitable CC tidal wave of advice on proper handling of a child on a cruise ship.;)

I'm going in May. Are we or are we not having DD?

That is a good question. Right now, RCI is stating no, but they could choose to change their minds at any time.

So plan for Traditional/MTD, but keep an eye out for DD.

That is a good question. Right now, RCI is stating no, but they could choose to change their minds at any time.

So plan for Traditional/MTD, but keep an eye out for DD.

We sail may 2nd and our dining reservations opened up yesterday. Go to your reservation and have a look