Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

JLong lines to enter the restaurants even though one has reservations, food always luke warm, never piping hot, ice cream always mushy and mostly melted, bread, but no butter, no refills for water unless you asked multiple times. None of the food was of excellent quality. Waiters over-worked with no one to pitch in an help. Where are the assistant waiters and head waiters?

Everyone on the ship had these problems?

Speaking in absolutes... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. NEVER NEVER NEVER. NONE NONE NONE. NO ONE NO ONE NO ONE. NO NO NO.

Edited by poncho1973

Everyone on the ship had these problems?

Speaking in absolutes... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. NEVER NEVER NEVER. NONE NONE NONE. NO ONE NO ONE NO ONE. NO NO NO.

Your complaint in the past seems to have been that folls were passing judgment on something that they have never tried. At least he is speaking from first hand experience. And his opinion seems to be... No No No, but you are finding fault with that too.

Edited by Ocean Boy

THE WEBSITE HAS BEEN UPDATED!

My reservation (May 23) now says MTD instead of DD!

However, it still seems like they are working out the kinks...I did a dummy booking of my sail date to see if early/late time was available, but it says Traditional Dining unavailable and the waitlist option is DYNAMIC. We'll see how this works out...

To avoid going through 30 pages, do we have an implentation date yet or is it still "later in the year"? We certainly WANT DD for our November sailing!

No date yet.

Thanks for asking and thanks for answering. My only concern is when. :D

However, it still seems like they are working out the kinks...I did a dummy booking of my sail date to see if early/late time was available, but it says Traditional Dining unavailable and the waitlist option is DYNAMIC. We'll see how this works out...

Ours in September also says MTD now.

Your complaint in the past seems to have been that folls were passing judgment on something that they have never tried. At least he is speaking from first hand experience. And his opinion seems to be... No No No, but you are finding fault with that too.

My main issue is that DD may stink, but people are passing judgment before they even try it. That's 100% true for me. I have strong feelings that I may dislike DD as it was rolled out. However, I'm not running around a message board telling everyone who will read it that it stinks and I KNOW that it's going away and I KNOW that Quantum is a massive failure and I KNOW what every cruiser on the planet wants and it isn't DD.

That's crazy. I have hunches about what I will and won't like, but I'm reserving judgment until I try it, as people should do. Tell us your firsthand experience.

An entirely separate issue is the second part of speaking in absolutes. I feel the same for either Pro or Con on subjects. The minute you lower yourself to only speaking in absolutes, you are absolutely (ha!) headed down the wrong road. You're trying to force your side of the discussion by being the only authority.

One can only speak in absolutes for themselves. I never enjoy boiled carrots. Even then, I could one day find some insane chef who changes my mind, but at least I'm only speaking for myself. When you speak in absolutes for thousands of people, you are just wrong 99% of the time.

"No one likes it" Really? You polled the entire ship?

"It never worked." Really? Were you down there the entire dining period?

"All the food was cold!" Really? Did you use a thermometer on every plate in the dining room?

"It was always horrible!" Really? REALLY? REALLY REALLY?

My main issue is that DD may stink, but people are passing judgment before they even try it. That's 100% true for me. I have strong feelings that I may dislike DD as it was rolled out. However, I'm not running around a message board telling everyone who will read it that it stinks and I KNOW that it's going away and I KNOW that Quantum is a massive failure and I KNOW what every cruiser on the planet wants and it isn't DD.

That's crazy. I have hunches about what I will and won't like, but I'm reserving judgment until I try it, as people should do. Tell us your firsthand experience.

An entirely separate issue is the second part of speaking in absolutes. I feel the same for either Pro or Con on subjects. The minute you lower yourself to only speaking in absolutes, you are absolutely (ha!) headed down the wrong road. You're trying to force your side of the discussion by being the only authority.

One can only speak in absolutes for themselves. I never enjoy boiled carrots. Even then, I could one day find some insane chef who changes my mind, but at least I'm only speaking for myself. When you speak in absolutes for thousands of people, you are just wrong 99% of the time.

"No one likes it" Really? You polled the entire ship?

"It never worked." Really? Were you down there the entire dining period?

"All the food was cold!" Really? Did you use a thermometer on every plate in the dining room?

"It was always horrible!" Really? REALLY? REALLY REALLY?

DD worked fine for us. Service was fine, food was fine, no waits no lines. Maybe we got on the wrong ship:confused:

Excellent point.:)

This is actually a terrible point.

This has to do with the physical feeling of pain.

The idea of DD is not a physical feeling, it is however, an emotional stressor of change, which a lot of people are against due to the emotional stressors involved.

As OceanBoy pointed out, that's exactly what the poster you were chastising did.

One can only speak in absolutes for themselves.

And that's exactly what he did!

"No one likes it" Really? You polled the entire ship? He never said "No one likes it." You appear to be putting words in his mouth.

"It never worked." Really? Were you down there the entire dining period? It never worked for him.

"All the food was cold!" Really? Did you use a thermometer on every plate in the dining room? All the food that he was served was lukewarm (he never said cold, while you're busy putting words in his mouth.)

"It was always horrible!" Really? REALLY? REALLY REALLY? Once again, YOU are putting words in his mouth - he never said it was horrible, what he actually said was that none of the food served to him was of excellent quality.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

I just checked both of our reservation for our B2B (Oct. 24 & Oct. 31) and both now say MTD.

Checked our reservation 5 times in the past 4 days.

Now shows the original traditional dining (same as since when the cruise was booked).

Previously showed Dynamic Dining for 2 days before getting automatically changed back.

Clearly things are in transition from a "records" standpoint.

No panic or worries here.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I got my time as well, maybe because we are getting free grats

Mr Wet, I think you were a little hard on Poncho. The post he referred to was pretty generalized except for "I will never"

But I'm sure you know that already. ;)

Guess we can agree to disagree - as I pointed out, many of the things he ascribed to the other poster were things that the other poster never said at all. His observations seem to be based on his personal experience, it appears...

I assume you DD haters (most of whom have never even tried it) haven't read, or have chosen to ignore the positive comments on this current thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2144962

Incidentally have checked my bookings for Allure in June and October and Oasis in November - all were DD and are now back to MTD and I am bitterly disappointed. No - I haven't tried DD but I have eaten the same old MDR menus many times and looked forward to something new and different. And I also have a number of friends who have actually experienced DD and have nothing but praise for it.

Time will tell when we'll get DD on Oasis and Allure - it can't come too soon IMHO :)

Edited by Bobal

Guess we can agree to disagree - as I pointed out, many of the things he ascribed to the other poster were things that the other poster never said at all. His observations seem to be based on his personal experience, it appears...

Most of it is about your love for me.

In the same vein as your post, you inferred that I was claiming that poster actually said those things. I didn't actually say that. Where does it end? Stop the insanity! Bring back Susan Powter!

My Dinner Seating for Allure TA in October has now gone to MTD ...my TA said that it will be next month before Early & Late Seating will be back on the reservation :D

By Oct you'll have DD on Allure.

Edited by Biker19

No I don't think so. :D

Based on what? RCI has flip flopped enough lately to not be able to predict what they'll do with DD. If the Allure comes out of dry dock with the restaurants redone like Oasis I'd say DD will happen - it's just a matter of when and October is a long time from now.:cool:

My Dinner Seating for Allure TA in October has now gone to MTD ...my TA said that it will be next month before Early & Late Seating will be back on the reservation :D

I was wondering about early and late seating traditional. My October Oasis cruises just switched from DD to MTD. My prefered choice is early seating. Since that's not a choice right now I'll just have to keep checking.

Based on what? RCI has flip flopped enough lately to not be able to predict what they'll do with DD. If the Allure comes out of dry dock with the restaurants redone like Oasis I'd say DD will happen - it's just a matter of when and October is a long time from now.:cool:

Have you seen this thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147126

DD will not be on Allure...it may happen at a later date as in next year or whenever but it will not be on Allure TA in October.

This is actually a terrible point.

This has to do with the physical feeling of pain.

The idea of DD is not a physical feeling, it is however, an emotional stressor of change, which a lot of people are against due to the emotional stressors involved.

Huh??!!:eek::confused:

Unless you have cruised on Quantum and have experienced DD, you really shouldn't form an opinion on something that you haven't tried. You may come away with a completely different opinion after you've tried it.

We did 19 days on board and we never felt any emotional stress or physical pain, unless we overate!!! We thoroughly enjoyed DD and can't wait for our b2b on Anthem.

Edited by cruisenfever