Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

We did 19 days on board and we never felt any emotional stress or physical pain, unless we overate!!! We thoroughly enjoyed DD and can't wait for our b2b on Anthem.

You do realise you're not allowed to say things like that on this thread don't you ;)

Have you seen this thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147126

DD will not be on Allure...it may happen at a later date as in next year or whenever but it will not be on Allure TA in October.

Just read the whole thread and still can't work out where is says categorically that DD will not be on Allure in October. It's just another thread full of conjecture and opinion - like so many other threads on the subject. :rolleyes:

Just read the whole thread and still can't work out where is says categorically that DD will not be on Allure in October. It's just another thread full of conjecture and opinion - like so many other threads on the subject. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess that's true - as long as information directly from the RCI website and from TA's talking directly to RCI are just conjecture and opinion. :rolleyes:

My Dinner Seating for Allure TA in October has now gone to MTD ...my TA said that it will be next month before Early & Late Seating will be back on the reservation :D

Seems it has now been postponed far into 2016 as many folks reservations changed from DD to MTD and those sailing dates were in the year 2016. This can make many lean towards it might not even return.

Again,who knows but is does seem to be put off for quite a while now.

Seems it has now been postponed far into 2016 as many folks reservations changed from DD to MTD and those sailing dates were in the year 2016. This can make many lean towards it might not even return.

Our cruise for April 2016 shows "My Time Dining", but I think it did right from when we booked a few weeks ago in December.

Yeah, I guess that's true - as long as information directly from the RCI website and from TA's talking directly to RCI are just conjecture and opinion. :rolleyes:

Absolutely because we know that everything on the RC website and everything a TA is told have always proved to be 100% correct :rolleyes: ;)

I suspect that the reason everyone's reservations have changed are nothing more than the fact that they don't know when they're going to introduce it so they deem it best to just revert back to a blanket MTD status.

Edited by Bobal

Update: Waitlists for 6:00 and 8:30 are now available for my May 23 cruise.

It seems like the IT team is slowly making their updates to the website. :D;)

EDIT: I was able to see this by doing a dummy booking of my sailing. However, it appears that the waitlists are only seen when you go to book a suite.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Update: Waitlists for 6:00 and 8:30 are now available for my May 23 cruise.

It seems like the IT team is slowly making their updates to the website. :D;)

Thanks, sounds promising!

Are you looking at Royal's website, or the travel agent's portal?

No date yet.

Indeed.

Officially, deployment for Oasis and Allure "has been postponed until later in the year" (whatever "later this year" really means). I can only speculate on why they did this or when they may decide to deploy it or even decide to drop it entirely.

I suspect that the reason everyone's reservations have changed are nothing more than the fact that they don't know when they're going to introduce it so they deem it best to just revert back to a blanket MTD status.

Agreed.

As it is on indefinite hold, it makes sense that ALL existing reservations be reverted to MTD or some Traditional time, and new reservations have the choice of Traditional or MTD. Should they eventually choose a date (who knows, they may figure out how to iron out the kinks and implement it on the original schedule) reservations after that date will revert (possibly again) to DD. Those before will retain their original dining choices.

Indeed.

Officially, deployment for Oasis and Allure "has been postponed until later in the year" (whatever "later this year" really means). I can only speculate on why they did this or when they may decide to deploy it or even decide to drop it entirely.

Agreed.

As it is on indefinite hold, it makes sense that ALL existing reservations be reverted to MTD or some Traditional time, and new reservations have the choice of Traditional or MTD. Should they eventually choose a date (who knows, they may figure out how to iron out the kinks and implement it on the original schedule) reservations after that date will revert (possibly again) to DD. Those before will retain their original dining choices.

Now if that happens, I will be pretty angry. That's too much flip-flopping. They need to make up their minds... :mad::(

Ours in September too!:)

Were you originally booked for 6:00pm? That would make sense...

I booked more recently, when DD was supposed to be on our cruise, so I guess that's why I've been reverted to MTD. If I just give my TA a call, should she be able to put us on an 8:30 waitlist?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I booked more recently, when DD was supposed to be on our cruise, so I guess that's why I've been reverted to MTD. If I just give my TA a call, should she be able to put us on an 8:30 waitlist?

Do you have a modify button? If you do you can do it yourself. Since you have a TA maybe not.

I have called C&A before even though I used a TA to get some changes done to Dinning, including where we wanted to be seated. They were always very helpful.

Yes, we were originally booked for early traditional. It changed to DD a while back. This morning it was showing MTD. Now it's back to early traditional.