Captains' Club Elite Breakfast

Blue Lagoon

Wondering if anyone can update us on Captains' Club Elite Breakfast - particularly on Millennium.

At one point, it was changed to a plated offering chosen from a menu rather than a serve yourself buffet style. There were so many Elites and Elites+, two locations were opened -(Transpacific from Vancouver to Tokyo).

Thanks.

It still varies depending on how many eligible passengers are there, so it might be plated/menus, might be a buffet

Why should it change? Why not have it the ole way-BUFFET? The reasons given were all false. Carpet, no glass, etc. It should not matter how many Elite. JMHO!!!

It still varies depending on how many eligible passengers are there, so it might be plated/menus, might be a buffet

That is not what I have ever heard:eek:......but it sounds like another

excuse. I heard on my last cruise that it was due to the carpeting:rolleyes:

which, in my opinion, is another excuse. I only went to the Elite breakfast

once in November. I didn't like the set up and wish also wish it would

go back to the old way.

Eclipse, Canary Islands cruise, October 2014, under 600 E/E+/Z, menus and plated breakfast in Tuscan

Next cruise, TA, well over 700 E/E+/Z, they tried menus for about a day, said that there were too many guests and set up the buffet in center of Tuscan, overflow crowd seated in Qsine, until arrival in New York when the buffet was moved off the carpet into to Tuscan entryway. Leaving New York, it moved back to the center

December 7 cruise, buffet remained in the center, overflow seated on Qsine

So I think that the numbers do make a difference, if not too many they prefer the plated option, but when the numbers cross some threshold, they can't handle that and go to the buffet. Similar to how sometimes there are Elite cocktails in Sky, sometimes there are vouchers.

And I do believe that they prefer not to serve on carpet because it is a violation of some code. The moved the buffet to a hard surface floor when the USPH inspectors arrived. They subsequently received a score of 100. Not to say that there still weren't some violations, but none so severe as to lower their score.

Edited by cruisestitch

On the Summit recently, it was ordering from a menu.

The service varied, very prompt some days when it was really nice, to quite slow on other days when we would have preferred the old buffet where we could help ourselves.

And I do believe that they prefer not to serve on carpet because it is a violation of some code. The moved the buffet to a hard surface floor when the USPH inspectors arrived. They subsequently received a score of 100. Not to say that there still weren't some violations, but none so severe as to lower their score.

If serving on carpet is a violation of some code, it should be a violation all the time. Not based on the number of Elite. A violation is a violation. We got of Eclipse on 12/6/2015 and they served the Ole Buffet in the Tuscon Grill where the carpet was during our 14 day cruise.

If serving on carpet is a violation of some code, it should be a violation all the time. Not based on the number of Elite. A violation is a violation. We got of Eclipse on 12/6/2015 and they served the Ole Buffet in the Tuscon Grill where the carpet was during our 14 day cruise.

We had the plated breakfast on Century recently. It was very limited, and not very nice. We tried a couple of times, and then never bothered with it again. Regular breakfast was much nicer, and I had a drink package so I could still get cappuccino.

Just off 2 weeks on the Eclipse (Dec 21) and we had over 500 Elites on the ship. The breakfast was back to the old buffet style now that the ship got appropriate sneeze guards. The only change we noticed from previous cruises was that they no longer had fruit juices near the buffet and you had to order the juices from a waiter.

Hank

I only went to the Elite breakfast

once in November. I didn't like the set up and wish also wish it would

go back to the old way.

I so agree.

The first time we encountered the plated Elite breakfast was on the Century last fall. My husband usually drops by the breakfast for a latte and possibly a glass of juice. When he encountered the menus and plated breakfast situation he just left. We were on the Century for thirty-five nights and that was the only time either of us tried to attend the Elite breakfast. Instead we were at the Cova every morning for our lattes. Thank heavens for that Elite+ specialty coffee perk.

We had the plated breakfast on Century recently. It was very limited, and not very nice. We tried a couple of times, and then never bothered with it again. Regular breakfast was much nicer, and I had a drink package so I could still get cappuccino.

We had the menu on the Silly in Sept 2014 and tried it one time and never went back. X-Stick with what works-BUFFET!!!!

We had the menu service on the Reflection in early December and liked it. Service was fast. Was not as bad as I read. Was told that it is the USDA requirements that made them do plated. In September in the UK we had full breakfast, eggs and bacon, not just the regular items. Apparently when they don't call at US port they are more flexible about what they do for the breakfast.

Infinity in December had plated breakfasts in the United States specialty dining room and was very nice. Prompt service with a smile.[/quote

Likewise on the Equinox. We were told this would be the norm for sanitation issues. We had no problem with service nor the menu. We ordered from menu certain items and were served accordingly and very promptly.

There are many reasons that Celebrity provides to justify the changes in the Elite/+ Breakfast. So, why not just set aside an area in the MDR for Elite/+ and allow us to order from the MDR Breakfast menu, and provide the drinks as if we were in the Elite/+ room?

This would eliminate any health problems, centralize a food prep area since they are using the MDR kitchen, and possibly reduce the staff that was used in the Elite/+ room that was being used in addition to the MDR. We have seen this done on RCL and it worked out great.

Opinions?

There are many reasons that Celebrity provides to justify the changes in the Elite/+ Breakfast. So, why not just set aside an area in the MDR for Elite/+ and allow us to order from the MDR Breakfast menu, and provide the drinks as if we were in the Elite/+ room?

This would eliminate any health problems, centralize a food prep area since they are using the MDR kitchen, and possibly reduce the staff that was used in the Elite/+ room that was being used in addition to the MDR. We have seen this done on RCL and it worked out great.

Opinions?

In August on our UK cruise we had the Elite breakfast in the MDR. It was a full breakfast buffet not just fruit, rolls, and meat. That was a first.

US health codes vary from those in the UK or other countries, Sounds like arrival to US, they changed to follow US protocols.

Just like labor laws vary place to place, and emissions standards vary as well.

When in rome, as they say....

We got off the Solstice a few weeks ago sailing from Australia to New Zealand and the elite breakfast was in Tuscan Grill everyday with menus. The first day I wasn't sure if I cared for it but it was a quiet relaxing atmosphere, the staff were great and they would customize your plate a bit if asked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your info.

Would you like the Elite/+ Breakfast in the MDR???? Ordering from the MDR Breakfast menu? Having the drinks provided now in the other venues such as the Tuscon Grill?

Yes or No?