How do you end your cruise?

When your cruise is coming to an end, is there anything special you do? Do you go straight to the airport? Do you have breakfast? Do you carry down your own luggage? Take a taxi? Do you try to stick around as long as you can? I have done so many cruises and I feel like every time I have done something different!

You know I don't think I have bothered to have breakfast on the last day, is the buffet the only choice or can you go to the Park Cafe on Oasis?

Don't know about Park Cafe, but we usually favor the Main Dining Room on the last day. Seems less hectic than Windjammer.

We never try to linger...the last morning is NOT fun! We usually try for a bite, but breakfast is earlier than normal, and it's the last day of vacation and I tend to want to sleep! Oh well.

We have put our bags out the night before, so we head off the ship, get our bags, hit the airport and fly home ASAP.

We always choose itineraries where we can spend 2-3 days before and after in interesting locations. Makes the most of international business airfares while eliminating stress of rushed connections. After all, "getting there is half the fun."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know about Park Cafe, but we usually favor the Main Dining Room on the last day. Seems less hectic than Windjammer.

We also love eating in the MDR on the last morning, then we carry our own luggage off and head for the airport.

On the next to last day, we allow ourselves two soft serve cones instead of one. :D One after lunch, and one before heading back to the stateroom to pack up before late dinner. ;)

I agree. Our past tradition was to go to breakfast in the MDR on the last day. However, we've done several different things recently depending on the ship.

But right after breakfast, we disembark and head to the airport!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

This has changed over the years.

We have decided that the only way to really enjoy the last day is to stay at least one more day after our cruise ends. We don't feel any of the stress getting off ship (tempers are always at peak) and just stay out of the way!!!!!!

We get the last colored tags, and end up leaving around 10 or so. We get a taxi to the hotel, check in (if possible), and kick back and have a really nice dinner somewhere.

Early flight back next a.m.

I don't even have breakfast debarkation morning. I am up early, out in a public area catching up on facebook until they call for self assist, then I'm off ASAP and waiting for my ride back home (PC) or driving back (Miami). Debarkation morning is all business, because I'm super excited to get home and give out the souvenirs that I've painstakingly searched for and picked out for all my loved ones and start sharing my adventures.

You just don't feel the love on the last morning.

Ain't that the truth?!

Actually, everyone is friendly enough on departure morning, but the general vibe is definitely cooler.

We like to take it as leisurely as possible, having breakfast onboard around 7:30 or 8:00, and waiting until about 9:30 or 10:00 to disembark. We then rent a car and hang out in the city doing touristy stuff until our flight.

For our next cruise, our flight isn't until 9:10 PM, so we're going to spend time after the cruise entertaining ourselves at Sawgrass Mills.