Does Oceania broadcast the NFL playoff games?

SusieO

Big Packer fans and our first Oceania cruise; have they been broadcasting the games on the ships? Thanks!

The short answer is, "unlikely". I have no direct experience with Oceania, mine is mainly with Regent, the sister cruiseline, and the answer there is "no".

We found a bar in Cozumel one Sunday that had TV's all around the bar, broadcasting every game--my husband was very happy.

LHT28; what do you mean by "other arrangements"? I guess I can get score updates on the computer.

Find a bar onshore that has the games on

record the games to watch when you get home

do not cruise during game season

As an Auburn fan who had hopes that Riviera would show the Iron Bowl in November 2013, had to depend on another passenger who had the CBS Sports website on his iPad for score updates. We were in Kings Wharf Bermuda and the ship had CBS network on the ships telly. But we left port before the game started and the station was dropped. :(

Best Bet: Record your game at home and watch later.

JMBobB

Edited by JMBobB

Big Packer fans and our first Oceania cruise; have they been broadcasting the games on the ships? Thanks!

Most likely not. They would not broadcast Olympics a few years ago. Probably too cheap to pay for rights. Too Bad. :mad::mad:

Live from Nautica docked at Richard's Bay, S.A. The Packer/Cowboys play off game was not broadcasted on the ship last night. We were at sea when the game was on so we had to follow as best we could on the computer. My Pack won so all was not bad. :) They said they would have the Super Bowl.

They did the Super Bowl on our cruise, but it took the CD several days of negotiations to organize it. You could definitely tell who was a football fan and who wasn't. It was not crowded on the rest of the ship while the game was on.:D

Very similar situation when we were just off New Zealand. The Super Bowl was coming up and they went through all sorts of contortions to acquire it.

One basic problem is "where is the ship in relation to the satellite and will that satellite carry the program?" Being at sea is much different to getting programs in Muncie.....

The net result was that the Harbour Master at our next port recorded the game at home, staying up late to do so considering the time zones. When we docked, he sent the recording on board, where it was played throughout the ship - including in the cabins. He thoughtfully edited out all the commercials.

I beg to differ with those who say that "Oceania is too cheap" to acquire games for showing on board. They will (if it is possible) and will do so (if the signal is available) and it usually has nothing to do with cost....

Now for the correct answer since most of the answers are wrong :D

Only Rickey 88 has the correct answer.

It depends on what cruise and where the ship is and the satellite that feeds it. Not all birds have the same feeds and likely if your in the NA/Caribbean/SA feed footprint you will have it.

If you are in the Caribbean -- the answer is a definite yes. We were on Riviera and had the first round of Playoffs. Ship ran the games live and then a replay several times. It was on the ESPN International feed.

Likely the ship will block any livestream internet feeds. They did this on our last cruise.

Edited by PaulMCO

Ok, well, it sounds like we will not be seeing the games.

That is most likely to be the case.

However, even though you are a Packer fan, I am willing to help you (at least you are not a Seahawks fan) :D

The next best thing may be to follow the game play by play on your iPad (or such) on the ESPN Score Center app. With unlimited internet package it would be possible and included (no video, just play-by-play)

That is what I do for my 49ers when I am away :)

Again -- since you are on Riviera and they had the first round of games on TV live, would assume it would be same.

Now for the correct answer since most of the answers are wrong :D

Only Rickey 88 has the correct answer.

It depends on what cruise and where the ship is and the satellite that feeds it. Not all birds have the same feeds and likely if your in the NA/Caribbean/SA feed footprint you will have it.

If you are in the Caribbean -- the answer is a definite yes. We were on Riviera and had the first round of Playoffs. Ship ran the games live and then a replay several times. It was on the ESPN International feed.

Likely the ship will block any livestream internet feeds. They did this on our last cruise.

The Super Bowl is a worldwide event and I can not beleive there is anyplace that does not get it. We got the Super Bowl live in Australia a number of years ago. Also in Tahiti last year. There are feeds everywhere in the world, except maybe North Korea and the like. Lets stop the spin about feeds and focus on getting it live.

The Super Bowl is a worldwide event and I can not beleive there is anyplace that does not get it. We got the Super Bowl live in Australia a number of years ago. Also in Tahiti last year. There are feeds everywhere in the world, except maybe North Korea and the like. Lets stop the spin about feeds and focus on getting it live.

Believe it or not, not everyone cares about the Superbowl.

Why do you get to say what their cruise entertainment dollars should be spent on?

Again. Yes they are broadcasting the playoffs on Riviera.

The spin stops here and the OP is not talking about the Super Bowl.

Believe it or not, not everyone cares about the Superbowl.

Why do you get to say what their cruise entertainment dollars should be spent on?

I could care less about the Academy Awards, but Oceania ships carry those live every year. It is part of an entertainment package they purchase. I certainly believe that there is higher demand for NFL football.

Glad to hear that Oceania is at least showing NFL playoffs. Not everyone cares about the Superbowl and U.S. sports; that is true. However, since Oceania caters heavily to a North American audience and many many passengers do follow sports, it would be appropriate for Oceania to move away from their nearly total lack of U.S. sports coverage, including not even showing ESPN or the NFL package available on most other cruise lines. On our recent Western Caribbean Regatta cruise we could watch European sports via the Sky networks but not U.S. sports coverage. Doesn't make sense.

Edited by edgee