Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

Hi all,

Glad everyone is sharing our excitement over the reveal of Luminae! Just wanted to let everyone know that these images are renderings, and is not a final representation.

Additionally, the chairs in this picture are also not finalized.

Hopefully, the chairs won't be the "rounded-back, barrel type" chairs. For those of us that are short, it makes sitting back in the chair very uncomfortable. JMHO.

Does anyone know if it will be open for lunch on embarkation day ? That would be "suite"

Agreed. Buffet lunch on embarkation (I do not like Bistro) is often a bad experience and not a good way to start the vacation. I never board before 1:30 to avoid the crush, and would like to either eat in the restaurant (should be open extended hours) or have room service available. Thanks to the Celebrity rep for passing this on.

Rumor has it that on S Class ships, this private dining room will replace Bistro on 5. Anybody know if this is true?

My other thought is that with AQ dining in Blu and SS and above dining here, the MDR will be very empty. Hopefully they will close off the back sections closer to the kitchens, I really don't like seeing so many empty tables. That was half the fun back in the day, everyone talking, laughing and eating together.

Rumor has it that on S Class ships, this private dining room will replace Bistro on 5. Anybody know if this is true?

My other thought is that with AQ dining in Blu and SS and above dining here, the MDR will be very empty. Hopefully they will close off the back sections closer to the kitchens, I really don't like seeing so many empty tables. That was half the fun back in the day, everyone talking, laughing and eating together.

Why won't this rumor die. :confused: :confused: You've been on this forum enough to know it's been discussed ad-nauseum over months, it's been specifically disclaimed by the Celebrity rep, and even the suite perks FAQ specifically states it's not the case.

Your issue with MDR being empty, is moot, in that the Celebrity reps have posted in various places, it is taking a space on the upper deck of MDR on port side.

Why won't this rumor die. :confused: :confused: You've been on this forum enough to know it's been discussed ad-nauseum over months, it's been specifically disclaimed by the Celebrity rep, and even the suite perks FAQ specifically states it's not the case.

Your issue with MDR being empty, is moot, in that the Celebrity reps have posted in various places, it is taking a space on the upper deck of MDR on port side.

I hope you're right, Curt. I just saw it pop up again on another forum I belong to, and I wondered if there was new information. If in fact this is being carved out of the existing MDR, then you're correct, the emptiness syndrome is a non-issue.

Guess I must be one of those "older" persons then. ;)

I just loved the experience, where once upon a time in a ship's dining venue, the waiters wore white gloves to serve you. Luminae evokes that kind of elegance, IMO. There are plenty of "modern" areas on X ships, I'm glad to see that there are different types of decor, something for everyone. :)

I suppose that is the way any "how does it look" will go, will have opinions of both/all sides.

To me, the Luminae looks like it came from the 70's, or would be fit for, lets just say, an "older" persons taste (nothing wrong with that) the other looks more modern and elegant.

And the pole might make it look worse.

Will be curious as to the final design.

Arno, who is currently aboard Reflection was told that it is indeed being carved out of the MDR, specifically on the 3rd deck, Starboard. I think he might even be on board when the construction begins in February.

I hope you're right, Curt. I just saw it pop up again on another forum I belong to, and I wondered if there was new information. If in fact this is being carved out of the existing MDR, then you're correct, the emptiness syndrome is a non-issue.
Edited by C-Dragons

Arno, who is currently aboard Reflection was told that it is indeed being carved out of the MDR, specifically on the 3rd deck, Starboard. I think he might even be on board when the construction begins in February.

That's great and the news I was hoping for. Thx for posting.

From the press release, "we hope they will love our informal, luxury dining experience." Does this mean no formal nights? Hmm.

From the Celebrity website: Dress code: Smart Casual.

Smart Casual is the dress code every day in Blu and all the specialty dining. Not sure why it would be different for Luminae

I saw talk of that long ago but I think it was debunked. Everything I have seen recently has said that it will be a portion of the MDR on all ships

I saw talk of that long ago but I think it was debunked. Everything I have seen recently has said that it will be a portion of the MDR on all ships

Even the publicity pictures show the large round windows that are in the dining room of the M-class ships. They are carving out the same space they carved out for blu...on the other side of the ship....shrinking the select dining area.

No.

My parents had a couch in the early 70's that had a very similar pattern to the one on the chairs.

Maybe old is new?

And to those asking about being open for lunch on embarkation, they already have food (or at least we did in Barcelona last year) in Michael's club for suite passengers.

And to those asking about being open for lunch on embarkation, they already have food (or at least we did in Barcelona last year) in Michael's club for suite passengers.

Michael's on Eclipse for my April TA had a small "buffet" set up with small sandwiches, sweets and cheeses.

Michael's on Sille in November this was never offered, instead they periodically brought out 4 compartment individual platters with 4 small servings of whatever the items of the day were, kept behind the bar and offered individually to passengers as they came to the club, to my mind ensuring fresher foods with less waste.

Am I the only one thinking, "1970s Berni Inn"?

Well my now husband took me to a Berni Inn for a second date (we were very poor undergraduates and our 1st date was McDonalds) in the 1980's and being a young Yorkshire lass I thought it was the height of sophistication. Don't remember it being that posh. No grubby carpet.:)

Sample Suite Class menus please Celebrity for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Personally I hope they major on good food rather than complicated food. We stopped sailing on Crystal because the food became too confusing.

Edited by Balloon Man

Michael's on Eclipse for my April TA had a small "buffet" set up with small sandwiches, sweets and cheeses.

Michael's on Sille in November this was never offered, instead they periodically brought out 4 compartment individual platters with 4 small servings of whatever the items of the day were, kept behind the bar and offered individually to passengers as they came to the club, to my mind ensuring fresher foods with less waste.

I would not exactly call what we were served in Michael's Club last year lunch, I meant something with a real menu :)

Michaels Club has some snacks on the Summit but not lunch, they sent us to the MDR, with b2b's. Hopefully this resturant will be open.

I think the rendering is pretty, looking forward to the reviews. Are we getting volunteers for reviews from each ship the first week?

Modern Eclectic....interesting food description.