Experienced Aqua Cruisers

vmarq

I have to disagree with some other posters. IMHO, the food in Blu is substantially better than in the MDR. Persian gardens is no big deal. If the price for AQ is reasonable & not much more than c class, it's worth it.

Sorry if I missed this, but is there the option to sit at a large (6-8) table in Blu, with others who are not part of a group? That's the part I expect I'll miss when we are Aqua for the first time on our upcoming cruise...I love meeting new people and getting to know them better as the week goes on.

The maitre d' at blu will seat you and your party at a table. That means that if you meet some folks in line and say...let's eat together, then you will be given a table to fit your group. But you can't just walk up and ask to be seated at a larger table with other guests.

We are traveling with 2 other couples we all booked Aqua on Summit. Any issue with us getting a table for 6 in Blu? It's the first time in Aqua for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We saw tables of 6 almost every time we ate in Blu:)

Sorry if I missed this, but is there the option to sit at a large (6-8) table in Blu, with others who are not part of a group? That's the part I expect I'll miss when we are Aqua for the first time on our upcoming cruise...I love meeting new people and getting to know them better as the week goes on.

The only time we sat at a large table with people we did not know was when they were very busy. We could have waited for a table for 2 or sit at a large table. It was like eating in the MDR almost 2 hours. At a table for 2 you always met new people every night and you get personal service. I believe that most of the time the large tables are used by groups.

Edited by ozark74

Just returned from Constellation...in AQ/BLU

still convinced BLU is superior to MDR with better quality food, better choices and presentation, great personalized service, elegant ambiance....never feels like a cattle call.

We would like a few new dishes b/c after many AQ/BLU dinners, something diff would be fun! But even so, we always find something to enjoy!

The maitre d' at blu will seat you and your party at a table. That means that if you meet some folks in line and say...let's eat together, then you will be given a table to fit your group. But you can't just walk up and ask to be seated at a larger table with other guests.

Thanks to all of you who answered!

• 1 month later...

If you want to eat in a dining room that is quiet, Blu is for you. As Blu is for aqua class- which are two persons in a room, hence very few if any children in Blu dining room. Should be even more unlikely with kids now that the suites have their own dining room.

re food: On a weekly cruise, I have found maybe 3 dinner meals in Blu that work for me. Will go to the specialty restaurants, once eat in main dining room and a couple of times maybe in the buffet-- eat breakfast a few times in Blu as well.

Aqua also includes the spa pass if you are inclined (my dh uses it frequently- me not so much)

I think if I book a Celebrity cruise when it is unlikely to have many children on board anyway, then if the price difference if more than $200 per person, would probobly just book concierge and specialty restaurant package......

If you want to eat in a dining room that is quiet, Blu is for you. As Blu is for aqua class- which are two persons in a room, hence very few if any children in Blu dining room. Should be even more unlikely with kids now that the suites have their own dining room.

re food: On a weekly cruise, I have found maybe 3 dinner meals in Blu that work for me. Will go to the specialty restaurants, once eat in main dining room and a couple of times maybe in the buffet-- eat breakfast a few times in Blu as well.

Aqua also includes the spa pass if you are inclined (my dh uses it frequently- me not so much)

I think if I book a Celebrity cruise when it is unlikely to have many children on board anyway, then if the price difference if more than $200 per person, would probobly just book concierge and specialty restaurant package......

What would be your reason for booking Concierge vs. a standard balcony?

Will never go Aqua again

Persian garden hot, damp & crowded

Water in room & tea nice but we booked Concierge and got 123 inclusive

Blu menus do not appeal

Steaks including filet tough & dry

Fish overcooked

Blu Breakfast excellent but we normally get up late & enjoy expanded room service breakfast (same Cc and Aqua)

Smaller room is nice but tables are close there as in MDR

No reason to go Aqua

If we have a few $s will use in specialty

We have been in Aqua twice-once on Silhouette and once on Reflection.Loved Aqua on Silhouette not so much on Reflection.

Decided in the future to stay in a std veranda and eat in Specialty restaurants a few times instead.

Personally, I don't see Concierge Class worthwhile although I do have one booked there because it was a better value with the entire 123,pkg included than a 1b or 1a

We have been in Aqua twice-once on Silhouette and once on Reflection.Loved Aqua on Silhouette not so much on Reflection.

Decided in the future to stay in a std veranda and eat in Specialty restaurants a few times instead.

Personally, I don't see Concierge Class worthwhile although I do have one booked there because it was a better value with the entire 123,pkg included than a 1b or 1a

Hi, would you mind sharing why you disliked your experience with Aqua on Reflection compared to Silhouette?

It was more crowded. Aqua on the Reflection handles more cabins because of the Aqua suites.The staff was frazzled at times and seemed less accommodating than the year previously on the Silhouette. I think a 5 night specialty pkg would be a better choice if you don't want to eat a lot of meals in the Mdr.

It was more crowded. Aqua on the Reflection handles more cabins because of the Aqua suites.The staff was frazzled at times and seemed less accommodating than the year previously on the Silhouette. I think a 5 night specialty pkg would be a better choice if you don't want to eat a lot of meals in the Mdr.

Thank you for the feedback. We will be in AQ on Reflection in December. Since they are switching the AQ Suites to Sky Suites and with the addition of the new suite restaurant, perhaps Blu will be less crowded. We shall see.

Thank you for the feedback. We will be in AQ on Reflection in December. Since they are switching the AQ Suites to Sky Suites and with the addition of the new suite restaurant, perhaps Blu will be less crowded. We shall see.

This is very true. Also, if you are able and willing to be flexible with your arrival time to dinner and avoid the peak time, you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, perhaps it depends what time that poster ate in Blu? We ate dinner between 6 and 7:15 and it never was very crowded. I did notice that as we were leaving Blu when we were leaving restaurant on the later side, - around 8:00 or so, there was a line forming for tables---

When I mentioned concierge-- I just assumed those were balcony cabins in the better areas on the ships--- could be wrong about that--as I've only been on Aqua class on Celebrity, due to sailing during school vacation times (dh and I are teachers- though I retired from that a few years ago- dh will be retiring this June)-- we are looking forward to be able to take cruises that don't have to be during the most crowded times of the year!

Blu is also more crowded on the reflection because they may be more amenable to seating suite guests at any time....rather than asking them to come back when it's less busy. That should stop when the new suite restaurant opens.

We ate in Blu on the Reflection the first year it opened. I did not care for it due to crowdedness, warm but not hot food, and overworked staff. A couple of weeks ago, we tried it again. It had improved but still not as enjoyable as other Blu restaurants. The lines were long after the early show. At those times, it took so long to eat that we left before dessert. And I love dessert!

Ok, perhaps it depends what time that poster ate in Blu? We ate dinner between 6 and 7:15 and it never was very crowded. I did notice that as we were leaving Blu when we were leaving restaurant on the later side, - around 8:00 or so, there was a line forming for tables---

When I mentioned concierge-- I just assumed those were balcony cabins in the better areas on the ships--- could be wrong about that--as I've only been on Aqua class on Celebrity, due to sailing during school vacation times (dh and I are teachers- though I retired from that a few years ago- dh will be retiring this June)-- we are looking forward to be able to take cruises that don't have to be during the most crowded times of the year!

In my very humble opinion, I think that any midship cabin is in a great location! I have been all the way forward and really did not like the hike to get anywhere. I love being near the elevators so I can move around the ship quickly and easily. So for me, weighing the 'perks' of CC, I don't see much of any value there, unless it's the extra points toward Elite. The other stuff is meaningless to me. So we save our money and book a standard veranda in a midship location, 2B or 1B for instance. . .

A previous "poster" indicated you can order off the MDR menu while seated in Blu. Is that correct? I'm on a 17 da. Panama Canal cruise in April and would love, love, love that option.