Rotational Dining coming to Quantum

dirtgirl

Doing great thanks, how you doing, you getting excited about the Allure ? :D

Been there done that with DD, looking forward to getting back to Traditional Dining.

With MDR I know where and when my dinner will be every night of my cruise...no checking .."ooh which restaurant did I book tonight" or "oh dear they have to reschedule the big show will I need to change my DD reservation".

No stress, no DD thank you. But hey that is just me, no worries :D

I'm really surprised that Johnny Rockets was turned into an order and pick up vendor. Most of the fun of going to JR is the singing/dancing wait staff and the old style diner atmosphere. So sad! I wonder what the head of JR would say to what has happened to his company!

MARAPRINCE

I'm really surprised that Johnny Rockets was turned into an order and pick up vendor. Most of the fun of going to JR is the singing/dancing wait staff and the old style diner atmosphere. So sad! I wonder what the head of JR would say to what has happened to his company!

MARAPRINCE

Whats that? Are you saying Johnny Rockets does not have table service anymore on Oasis?

DSC03962-vi.jpg

Thank you for the picture. Don't see how they can call it Johnny Rockets on Quantum. What a joke. As the other person said Johnny Rockets is not just about the food. It is about a diner like experiance and ambiance.

Certainly another example of the beancounter mentality that pervades Royal Caribbean these days. As I have posted previously I think Dynamic Dining was a plan to cut costs, not enhance the customer experience.

Edited by Charles4515

Thank you for the picture. Don't see how they can call it Johnny Rockets on Quantum. What a joke. As the other person said Johnny Rockets is not just about the food. It is about a diner like experiance and ambiance.

I agree with you. IMHO Royal Caribbean should have just done what every other cruise line I've sailed does and put in a free grill by the pool. ...but nope, gotta make it JRs so they can charge! :rolleyes:

I'm actually greatly looking forward to trying Dynamic Dining on Anthem, but calling this space that clearly isn't a Johnny Rockets Johnny Rockets is just a money grab.

In Las Vegas we went to a Johnny Rockets with the same set up as the Quantum. No singing or dancing just order your food at the counter. Pick it up when it was ready. Not a lot of fun.

Weird. While you can take out Johnny Rockets here it not really that much about the food. It is about the ambience. They have table service and counter service.

e0dd883bbf5abfdf5c45c215da39fb76.jpg

Certainly another example of the beancounter mentality that pervades Royal Caribbean these days. As I have posted previously I think Dynamic Dining was a plan to cut costs, not enhance the customer experience.

I disagree, looking forward to this version.

In Las Vegas we went to a Johnny Rockets with the same set up as the Quantum. No singing or dancing just order your food at the counter. Pick it up when it was ready. Not a lot of fun.

There was no singing or dancing in Johnny Rockets on Oasis when we sailed on the westbound TA. Staff were miserable and looked fed up.

RCL might as well as just billed this as an "order/pick up" fast food option that is located outside of the main 24 hr. Lido buffet. Calling it J. Rockets is just an insult!

I'm sure any consultants that RCL used to help them make all the dining/food changes must be laughing all the way to the bank. How could they seriously think changes of this magnitude would be warmly received or go off without major issues?

Now they are preparing to deal with a huge cultural change when the ship goes to China. Who is really advising RCL's upper management....their competition?:confused:

MARAPRINCE

RCL might as well as just billed this as an "order/pick up" fast food option that is located outside of the main 24 hr. Lido buffet. Calling it J. Rockets is just an insult!

I'm sure any consultants that RCL used to help them make all the dining/food changes must be laughing all the way to the bank. How could they seriously think changes of this magnitude would be warmly received or go off without major issues?

Now they are preparing to deal with a huge cultural change when the ship goes to China. Who is really advising RCL's upper management....their competition?:confused:

MARAPRINCE

Every other cruise line offers a similar pool side grill, similar menus, no charge. They've got people to pay for hamburgers and french fries on the pool deck. Genius....

Every other cruise line offers a similar pool side grill, similar menus, no charge. They've got people to pay for hamburgers and french fries on the pool deck. Genius....

I won't pay for it out of principle, but I know I'm in the minority.

Dave, at least we will both have "free" burgers on the Escape next year.

I won't pay for it out of principle, but I know I'm in the minority.

I will be on the Escape too. [emoji1]

I won't pay for a hamburger on a ship either. But I do admit when we have the BOGO shake coupon we will use it once a trip.

Dave, at least we will both have "free" burgers on the Escape next year.

Looking forward to it!

I will be on the Escape too. [emoji1]

I won't pay for a hamburger on a ship either. But I do admit when we have the BOGO shake coupon we will use it once a trip.

No shame in using the BOGO shake coupons, I use them every cruise lol.

• 3 weeks later...
We only saw 2 minutes of video so we don't know who all said what, perhaps Vicki discussed it more after the video was taken. :confused:

Michael did say with Classic "the guests will rotate through the 4 dining rooms" so I am guessing that is where "rotation" became a part of the title of this thread.

Also Michael did say it was going to be introduced on Anthem.

I for one would like to thank the OP for starting this thread, for me personally it has given me the lift I needed to be excited about going back on a RCCL after 11/2 Maiden Voyage of Quantum of the Seas.

RCCL listened, Michael Bayley listened, so thank you RCCL.

Yes I would of loved to have heard the questions.. he mentions the Classic dining times and having the same waiter in all 4 dining rooms but he never mentions if we will be seated with other guest like was as in the classic.

if we don't get to sit with other guest I don't think this will work

On Disney you rotate dining rooms and you have the same waiters but also you are seated at a table of 6 or 10 people and you rotate to the 4 dining rooms with the same people

Having the same waiter is fine put if you are seating a table for 4 people and your are only couple then I think nothing has changed with the new change

YOu will still have empty seats during dining and you lose the experience of seating with others at dinner.

I've sailed on Oasis three times in the last six months and there has never been more than 2-3 tables full in Johnny Rockets at any given moment, especially at dinner. While its sad for people who were true JR fans, I think they saw the numbers on Oasis/Allure and decided people would rather have their burgers to go.