Rotational Dining coming to Quantum

dirtgirl

I agree with you 100%.

I remember the outcry when MTD was introduced: people acted like it was the end of the civilised world. Now, MTD is the most popular dining option.

DD is nothing but an extension of MTD.

With MTD you go to one restaurant when you are hungry and eat.

With DD you go to one of 5 (or 6 if you are in a suite) restaurants when you are hungry and eat.

People are getting hung up over the 'supposed' need to book. If you do not book for MTD (and we never did) then you do not need to book for DD.

Unlike many people who have not been on Quantum but have already decided that they do not like DD with out having tried it; I have actually been on Quantum and I loved the flexibility and variety of venues instead of one boring same-old same-old dining room with even older menus. I could get on board and tell you exactly what I was having for dinner on Night 1 in those days. Hardly the excitement and variety of going on a holiday is it?

I for one, have zero interest in sailing on a ship that does not offer the flexibility of dining where and when I want to; not when and where I am told to. It is my holiday!

I personally, also cannot see this whole argument about "having the same waiter ever night because they know what I want and have my drink ready for me". Trust me, until I have read the menu I do not know what I want, and I certainly don't know what wine I want to order to match my meal.:rolleyes:

I cannot believe that RCI will be taking a negative retro step into the past by removing the MTD flexibility and forcing people to eat at a set time. I would HOPE that they will have the option of either RD or DD/MTD. I will have to rethink my upcoming bookings - on ships which are supposedly having DD - if they do only offer RD.

There is absolutely NO way that there won't be a flexible option. That would just be plain ol' stupid to remove the flexible option. I'm in agreement with RocketMan - that RD might be simply a rename, with an added option. It will please the traditionalists, along with those looking for a more flexible type of dining.

I am confused now with the Rotational Dining, are we foced to rotate.

Nothing has been officially announced, it is a report from someone who heard something stated by an RCI sales VP. So at best it is speculation on implementation, at worst it is false rumor.

There is absolutely NO way that there won't be a flexible option. That would just be plain ol' stupid to remove the flexible option. .

I hope you are right. I did a search on the Disney boards and it looks like they offer RD but if you don't want to dine there it is either WJ or a specialty restaurant, no MTD type options. Or at least not that I saw

Here's a link to the presentation on Freedom of the Seas by Michael Bayley and Vicki Freed about the new dining concept.

Great find! Thank you!

This is really great news...it's the best of both worlds! And it seems it will be an option alongside DD...so everyone who likes DD will still be happy.

Nothing has been officially announced, it is a report from someone who heard something stated by an RCI sales VP. So at best it is speculation on implementation, at worst it is false rumor.

Well the video that was just posted leads me to believe it will be announced soon! :):D

Also, FYI he never called it rotational dining, but "Classic".

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Here's a link to the presentation on Freedom of the Seas by Michael Bayley and Vicki Freed about the new dining concept.

As per Michael Bayley in his opening remarks

"it is optional"

It is another option as part of Dynamic Dining called Classic dining.

Looks like most can now be happy.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I realize it is not locked it but curious as to how it would work and if you automatically rotate or you can choose to remain in one room. What I have read elsewhere doesn't explain if it is mandatory you rotate.

As of now, no specific details have been released, so no one is really sure.

Right. The video provided a couple of posts previously suggest that it is still in the working out the implementation, but it would appear that passengers who choose this option will have fixed-time dining and automatically rotate through the restaurants (how, in what order, etc. is yet to be released). Passengers who choose standard DD will make reservations or go to the restaurant they choose at the time of their choice.

Watched the video, which explains it better. Only thing I can possibly see, is your table guest could change unless you all rotated as one.

If the implementation is similar to the explanation to have the same table and waiter, you would also have the same table mates.

As per Michael Bayley in his opening remarks

"it is optional"

It is another option as part of Dynamic Dining called Classic dining.

Looks like most can now be happy.

Yes, a really big difference between "optional" and what this thread exploded over before this video was posted.

I realize it is not locked it but curious as to how it would work and if you automatically rotate or you can choose to remain in one room. What I have read elsewhere doesn't explain if it is mandatory you rotate.

Bayley did state in the video that you could choose the Classic dining option. You would rotate amongst the 4 restaurants keeping the sane table location and same waiter in each restaurant.

Watched the video, which explains it better. Only thing I can possibly see, is your table guest could change unless you all rotated as one.

The video said you would go to the same table each night only the table will be located in a different dining room. If you're going to the same table, then your table mates will be doing so as well, ie, for good or worse you keep the same table mates.

Great news! Very pleased with Bayley's explanation in the video. I think this is a solution many will be happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

He did have a great explanation! I sure am happy with it. This just opened up Anthem as an option for my 2016 vacation! :D

Hey folks, before anyone gets more knickers in a twist, the report over on the main board is that this new concept will be OPTIONAL within Dynamic Dining (and it will be called "Classic" not RD). There's a link to a video with Michael Bayley's presentation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45462715&postcount=146

So much of this could be alleviated if Royal would issue timely press releases and provide information instead of being so secretive.

Agreed. It's a really bad way to go about communications. Instead of making a clear public statement, and letting your paying guests know, you say some things to a group of TAs on a cruise, info guaranteed to find its way to the internet, but not as a coherent whole, this thread being Exhibit A for that. Good communications is not rocket science. Or maybe it is. :rolleyes: